←  Texas

Red Pepper Racing

»

Houston X-mas Meet

zakats's Photo zakats 17 Dec 2008

hmm
wings n more with less distractions or hooters and welcome distractions.... decisions

Sinic's Photo Sinic 17 Dec 2008

QUOTE (zakats @ Dec 17 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm
wings n more with less distractions or hooters and welcome distractions.... decisions

I'd rather not go to hooters. Anywhere else is fine.

Anyone bringin some parts? cough cough I need a radio, tires (badly needed), motor, clutch, gaskets. biggrin.gif

zakats's Photo zakats 18 Dec 2008

QUOTE (Sinic @ Dec 17 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd rather not go to hooters. Anywhere else is fine.

Anyone bringin some parts? cough cough I need a radio, tires (badly needed), motor, clutch, gaskets. biggrin.gif

wuss
well wings n more it is.
you should have spoken up before I sold my spare engine, you could have rebuilt it.

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 18 Dec 2008

bad news fellas, my trip plans are completely up in the air, my dad is in the hospital with a blood clot in his lung. he should be out tomorrow but traveling down to Houston may not happen... i'll keep you guys updated as things get sorted out.

ouch well I hope he has a quick, full recovery- everything else is second priority.
I'm sure things will work out

oldrexer's Photo oldrexer 18 Dec 2008

That is bizarre, my brother-in-law was just released from St.Luke's and he had basically the same thing. Pulmonary embolism. They could not figure out why he had it but they got him fixed up with blood thinners and antibiotics. It was Friday to Tuesday. Gotta get checked out for a couple of months on a weekly blood test. Keep us posted on his recovery.

Sinic, what size tires???? I got old 14", good tread to slick, your call. Still mounted. Can get them removed for $5 ea.

QUOTE (oldrexer @ Dec 18 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is bizarre, my brother-in-law was just released from St.Luke's and he had basically the same thing. Pulmonary embolism. They could not figure out why he had it but they got him fixed up with blood thinners and antibiotics. It was Friday to Tuesday. Gotta get checked out for a couple of months on a weekly blood test. Keep us posted on his recovery.

Sinic, what size tires???? I got old 14", good tread to slick, your call. Still mounted. Can get them removed for $5 ea.

fwiw I can mount/ballance

oldrexer's Photo oldrexer 19 Dec 2008

QUOTE (zakats @ Dec 18 2008, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fwiw I can mount/ballance

Where? Clear Lake?

Need the new BFG's mounted on the Fat Fives.

oldrexer's Photo oldrexer 19 Dec 2008

Are we settled on a time and date?

zakats's Photo zakats 20 Dec 2008

I think so.
9:30 on the 23'rd at wings n more
shoot for 9:00 otherwise you'll be late. I'll pm everyone my number so you can call for whatever reason

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 20 Dec 2008

QUOTE (zakats @ Dec 19 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think so.
9:30 on the 23'rd at wings n more
shoot for 9:00 otherwise you'll be late. I'll pm everyone my number so you can call for whatever reason

not gonna be able to make the meet, mom has to work the 23rd to make up for the days off she had to take, sorry guys.

hope all goes well, be sure and snap some photos

oh and if anyone wants to take a nice long drive the day after x-mas lemme know cuz i'll be all over the Houston area

ah that sucks... well now we can reassess our scheduling then.
btw I'm up for whatever and its likely that I can sneak away from the fam some time after christmas to meet up with ya. Don't know if I will have a new trans in the car by then and I don't want to drive across town in 4th gear and/or battling 5th more than once :X (synchro for 5th gear is dead!) either way lets get together so you can at least have an idea of what a B powered car is like.

Grant Bailey's Photo Grant Bailey 20 Dec 2008

Well it blows that VP is out, but if thems is the apples let's make it earlier, say 8. I would say 7, but if some folks are coming across town that's going to put them in the worst of the traffic. Everybody cool with the Wings n More at 8?

John, I hope your dad makes a speedy recovery and you have a good holiday.

I'm not sure about how it will be on the 23'rd but on my side of town, rush hour is still very much alive 8!

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 21 Dec 2008

thanks for the support guys, my dad is more or less 100% he seems back to his almost normal, still crazy, accountant self

take pictures of the meet guys, i wanna see the car and the turn out