Mugen Rnr Bad Wheel ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

e-breed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: CRX vtec EE8, Civic AG33 Hondamatic.
I'm just reading this:

http://www.honda-tec...=1713090&page=1

Has anyone heard or know this ?

I'm very afraid cause I bought a set of these on ebay.

E-AT CIVIC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
i have a set of real RNR for 2 years now and never had any problem with these wheels,on the street or at the drag...

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
Yeah I have heard the RNRs are very prone to bends and cracks...
They are awesome looking wheels, especially in the black w/ red lip but they are known as a very fragile wheel.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
mugen RNR and MUGEN RG are soft cast.. I have had my RG's for awhile with no problems/cracks I wouldnt go hitting any potholes or curbs with them.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if they arnt forged, they probably arnt as strong as the other wheels, but i still dont believe anything i see on HondaTech
Posted Image

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
I don't give a shit. One of my favorite wheels.

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Nov 5 2006, 06:31 PM)
I don't give a shit. One of my favorite wheels.

As seen as your post to that thread on HT lol, they look dope no matter how prone they are to bending or cracking.

user posted image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^^^ exactly..^^^ I doubt under normal driving these will crack Im sure most rims will crack and bend under circumstances other than what they were meant to do. Ive had numerous rims crack/bend from rota, tsw, 5 zigen , ro_ja , due to curbing/potholes/etc... I have took my MUGEN RG's on the worst road ever doing spirited driving (at CRXPO) XIPHER chime in .. filled with huge potholes, unevens etc.. it was bad.. my RG's are still 100% fine.

I will put money most of these comments are by people who are mad because they cant afford the real deal, and want to make themselves feel good about their phony rota or tenzo knockoffs.

Edited by etmydst, 05 November 2006 - 08:41 PM.

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Nov 5 2006, 05:39 PM)
^^^ exactly..^^^ I doubt under normal driving these will crack Im sure most rims will crack and bend under circumstances other than what they were meant to do. Ive had numerous rims crack/bend from rota, tsw, 5 zigen , ro_ja , due to curbing/potholes/etc... I have took my MUGEN RG's on the worst road ever doing spirited driving (at CRXPO) XIPHER chime in .. filled with huge potholes, unevens etc.. it was bad.. my RG's are still 100% fine.
I will put money most of these comments are by people who are mad because they cant afford the real deal, and want to make themselves feel good about their phony rota or tenzo knockoffs.

I can vouch, etmydst rode them on some pretty HORRABLE road there, no issues!

I'd venture to say that it is caused from them running them as they always seem to, on the bump stops all day long, with MUCH heavier vehicles that we do... They abuse them, and have them on heavy vehicles, nuff said.
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Nov 5 2006, 07:39 PM)

i doubt its the rota knock offs, ive only seen one broken rota, taht was a powercoated rim that was on a decitcated track car that went off track

somebody did point out there not forged so that would make them less strong, but theyve been making wheels forever that are not forged so there shouldnt be any problem with them

and yes i agree they look fucking pimp
Posted Image

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
WEll, i think any wheel is prone to cracking if you go curb hoppin ph34r.gif
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation