←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

2012 Went Out With A Smash.....

CarNutCertifies's Photo CarNutCertifies 01 Jan 2013

so i go to lunch with a co worker yesterday in the rex. while sitting at the light i hear the all familuar sound of slidng tires......look in my side mirror just to see a little suzki car slam into me.

first words out of his mouth were sorry i dont have insurance. then tells me its his moms car and they are letting it go back. she just bought a new one. he was messing with his gps.

he caught me under my bumber missed the tail lights but the body is tweaked at the rear fenders on both sides. the fenders are bulged out. its drivable but i dont think i can fix her.

so i need gas so i stopped at my usual stop at my usual pump. filled it up and while it was going i looked over the damage. pump stops i look at the reciept.....16.2 gallons? how is that possible? i talked to the clerk they called the manager who said to come back tuesday. what a way to end 2012.

chedda_j's Photo chedda_j 01 Jan 2013

Sorry to hear that. Are you going to be driving the Parts car or the Si now?

CarNutCertifies's Photo CarNutCertifies 01 Jan 2013

That is the SI, So i think I am going to take one of my others that I have nearly stripped and sandblast it. then take all the SI parts and convert that DX to an SI

chedda_j's Photo chedda_j 02 Jan 2013

Sweet, show progress.

Smokescreem's Photo Smokescreem 02 Jan 2013

Sorry to hear about your loss..Been there.

CarNutCertifies's Photo CarNutCertifies 02 Jan 2013

well its not a total loss it is drivable but now i have to start all over....again. I am trying to get some pics up to share.

E-AT_me's Photo E-AT_me 02 Jan 2013

uhmmm.. don't care if he has insurance or not. police should be involved. he needs to pay.

Vicious's Photo Vicious 02 Jan 2013

Hope you took his info I'd call it in if you haven't already. They have to have insurance to be getting a new car. If he's not insured that's not your problem the vechile that hit you if its under his mothers name should have insurance under her name, she just let an uninsured driver drive her car. He may be lying too about insurance just to hope you're a nice guy and let it go to not get an insurance increade

badpenny's Photo badpenny 02 Jan 2013

To bad this didn't happen in tx. No insurance = a night in jail & impound fees

CarNutCertifies's Photo CarNutCertifies 02 Jan 2013

yea i called it in the Police officer came and took the report. he told me that if I had insurance then i need to claim it on mine because at this point he doesnt have any so its on me. I asked my insurance about his mothers insurance on her now new car and they said that insurance follows the car not the driver or owner. So it looks like a small claims issue. I called the police hopeing that he was just lying about not having any I guess he wasnt.

Bubba's Photo Bubba 03 Jan 2013

Here in KY, our car insurance policies have a uninsured/underinsured motorist rider that would cover your car in this situation (when the other party was clearly at fault). If you have this type of coverage, your insurance company will want to make sure that the other car wasn't insured before they would pay you.

Was the suzuki that hit you drivable? Maybe you can at least get a beater suzuki out of the "negotiations".

What did the gas station manager have to say about the suspicious pump?

Condor's Photo Condor 03 Jan 2013

Here you can not get uninsured/underinsured unless you also have full coverage.

I see this again and again. If **I** accidently lose my coverage for a couple days its like a felony in NC, and they
take your license away for a year. While those with an irresponsible criminal lifestyle skate free.

As an unrelated note I've really been getting into that show Amish Mafia and how they really go Old Testament on people.

CarNutCertifies's Photo CarNutCertifies 04 Jan 2013

the gas station refunded me the differance from full (11.9 gallons) to the 16.2.

things you notice that tick u off after an accident like this..... my gas gauge is stuck on full 240 miles after the accident and my heater blower motor is stuck on "low" and i now have to tap it with a small hammer to get that..... it was 15 degrees this am when i drove to work. normally it would burn me out while the society freeloader was warm in his bed; he will go out get into his mothers ininsured car and have a nice warm heater. i get to shiver with a blanket and achy muscles as i drive the 50 miles to work....ok rant over lol

ATXBoy's Photo ATXBoy 07 Jan 2013

Sounds like you rolled snake eyes man, Hard Luck :(

Best of luck to a speedy recovery!

Fabian

kaymo's Photo kaymo 08 Jan 2013

if the other guy doesnt have insurance, did he leave in handcuffs? is it not illegal to drive a car without insurance? and was it not towed? and yes your insurance company covers it but they also procecute the uninsured driver! thats the way ive always known it to be... if not then thats fubared