←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

That Time Of Year Again, We Need Your Help!

rpr's Photo rpr 16 Nov 2011

I have received the invoice for the Red Pepper Racing server hosting, as well as the forum software licensing fees, so I am reaching out once again to this fantastic community to help support and maintain the site. I really appreciate all the support given in previous years, and now I am asking again for your support for the coming year. Anything you can help out with is greatly appreciated, if you wish to donate via paypal, there is a link at the top right of every page that will take you directly to the donation page.

As always, contributing members enjoy some enhanced features of the site, including an integrated forum gallery, no rate limit on posting, larger PM inbox, among other things. Not to mention the satisfaction of supporting a great community!

I really hate to ask, but I can't do this alone, and I truly appreciate all the previous supporters, and if you can help, great! I don't want to have to bring in Jerry Lewis, but I will if I have to... smile.gif

Also of note, I am moving us from a dedicated hosted server (that is *really* old) to a virtual private server that should provide as good as, if not better, performance and reliability as we have now, along with much easier upgrade paths.

One thing I do have to note is that we will be moving to a smaller disk size, so all of the older gallery pictures (at http://www.redpepper...ng.com/gallery) may or may not come across, at least not initially. I may also have to trim the technical gallery, I have yet to decide on that. If you have a gallery at the old site, I would urge you to download anything you want to keep, either to your local drive or to another online image host, and to remove them from our server here. ASAP. This would help me greatly in the move.

And finally, as part of the move, I will be upgrading the server forum software, so don't be surprised if:

a) the site is not available for short (hopefully!) periods
2) the look and functions of the site change dramatically
iii) some functionality breaks

I will strive to avoid any of the above, but fair warning....

Again, thank you all again for your previous and continuing support, I look forward to many more years of the site helping the community and its members keep their CRX's and Civic's alive.

Tom

mallardtape's Photo mallardtape 16 Nov 2011

Donated! Thanks for keeping this up and running

GIFF's Photo GIFF 16 Nov 2011

Donated, happy to help.

Best cars = best car community.

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 16 Nov 2011

I am in smile.gif

crxboi's Photo crxboi 16 Nov 2011

sent! biggrin.gif

chedda_j's Photo chedda_j 17 Nov 2011

Donated, like always. biggrin.gif

rpr's Photo rpr 18 Nov 2011

Thanks to all who have donated so far. I have paid for the new virtual server, and have a copy of the forum up and running. Seems snappy enough, but of course I'm the only one on it... smile.gif

If I get time on Sunday night I may do the cutover then. At least get the forum moved, and worry about the rest later.

SEEKERone's Photo SEEKERone 19 Nov 2011

$$$ sent --- thanks for what you do!!!

Smokescreem's Photo Smokescreem 19 Nov 2011

No problem, more than happy to help out.. Thanks cool.gif

rpr's Photo rpr 20 Nov 2011

Thanks again, everybody's profile should be updated now.

Tom

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 22 Nov 2011

Still supporting the good thing you've got going on here!

sxpkpower's Photo sxpkpower 22 Nov 2011

Sent some money, thanks for all the help this forum has given me.

rileyescobar's Photo rileyescobar 22 Nov 2011

Donated!

rpr's Photo rpr 22 Nov 2011

Thanks!

ballade's Photo ballade 24 Nov 2011

money sent.
thanks tom

Ballade