Starting Probs

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

Vildalix

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx Si
hey, just finished some work on my friends car, since im not in the crx world any more... atleast for now

well it seems that the car isnt starting, here is a run down of what i did.

finished rebuilding engine and put back together, my friend started this but got in to deep, so i reset the timing to TDC on the head and block, lined up the marks on the pully so that they are lined up on the head right and all by the book. the only thing my friend did that i dont understand he took the whole line off of the fuel filter, instead of just releaving pressure with the small bolt he even took the inside (17mm) bolt thing off, i put it on straight and it leaked a little, so i tightened it but i cant get it so that they holes line up, on that bolt to flow the fuel, is this alright? the car makes noises and starts to start then dies it will start to kick over past the starter and die, for like a second or less. what is the prob? thanks guys!

Vildalix

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
so no one? hrm.. this is dissapointing.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Let me get this straight....

He took off the nuts on the filter itself, and now the lines going to and coming from the fuel filter don't line up properly?

Sounds like you are going to need a new filter, and it sounds like fuel starvation is your problem.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Vildalix

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
that SOB... okay time to go sucker some money outta him... or should we say double what it is going to cost for the part... ahahahah!

kenny86si

• Phoenix CRX
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI(sold)- 91 Mustang 5.0 LX
    • Image Gallery
To make sure this is fuel related , take a can of starting fluid and spray on the filter while cranking and see if it runs any longer than without the fluid. If so, you may want to adress the fuel line /filter issue again.

Vildalix

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
okay i got the filter issue cleared up, and the car sounds much better on start up but still wont catch. i can smell a small amount of odd smelling fuel, but i think my problem is that the fuel tank is way to low, i dupt a gallon in and it didnt move the needle at all. or that the plugs have way to much gap.

buymysoul

• Still for sale
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 Integra LSS, 87 CRX Si
Put in more gas, check the spark plug gap.
-Robin

Vildalix

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i know... blink.gif

buymysoul

• Still for sale
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 Integra LSS, 87 CRX Si
just fielding the easy ones smile.gif
-Robin

Vildalix

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
its all good,

i cant do any of them anyways right now, ive got no money, and my friend wont sucker up any more...