One Step Closer!

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

CSPCRX

So i am going to ditch my sunroof, close it off and put the weight in a better place. Found a donor today and took the 1st step.
F2AE6505-BCAD-446C-A619-B885D3A1C196_zps
2C3C1734-B8ED-4E78-A56E-4E2671922D98_zps
9A912E42-5DEF-4300-80B2-327C26250FC2_zps

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
25302357.jpg

kool-aid-man.jpg

Loving your work

Edited by SHOGUNOVDDRK, 18 July 2015 - 04:59 PM.

QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

CSPCRX

Must admit it was something i thought i would never do! They were going to crush it in a few weeks so i had to get it before they did. I also got all of the interior panels from the rear and some other parts. They were in great shape!

Im getting a tuff shed in a few weeks so i have a place to all of the panels from inside my car. Im going to pull the sunroof asembly out at that point. Then the car goes to a local chasis shop that does lots of racecars to reskin my roof.

When thats done ordering skirts and door skins fron Heel Toe and the car goes in for a much needed paint job. My wife has been on my about that for years, it really needs it.

My front double adjustable Konis are at Koni being rebuilt right now. Just finished spacers to make them work with Cheddas redesigned CC plates. I am also working on a base plate for a cross brace again, these cars need them.

Tones of things going on. Selling off all of the parts i had to build a B18. Kicking around the possibility of a K series. See what comes of that. In the mean time my car is maxed for my class and can be that much better with these changes.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Blue87Crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Crx Si
Saw that 1g also at the junkyard in az when i went down there, the paint was clean looked garage kept lol

rsz_971991_671350239558346_1410908049_n_

CSPCRX

I actually think it was. The door and window seals were all in great, got those as well. I could tell the interior panels had never been pulled. Like i said i scored a lot of great parts off of this car, beyond a perfectly straight roof.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Pad is in for the Tuff Shed that will be here in a bit over 4 weeks. So I will have a place for everything that has to come out to get the roof done. In the mean time. Front shocks are still at Koni getting a rebuild, just rebuilt HF steering rack and cross brace plates should be ready shortly. Hope to have those done before shocks get back. Since the front suspension and alignment will be a mess I think I will get some 29mm bars to see if I can flatten out the car a bit.

It is still just so stinking hot you do not want to be out in the garage any longer than you have to.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Little update.

Shed is in and starting to fill. Still lots of room for the crx interior. Also atarting to cool off here so my motivation to stay in the garage for more than 5 minutes in the garage is growing.

Struts are back from a fresh rebuilt, came back with a fresh coat of yellow paint as well. Need to find some thin nylock jam nuts since there is not enough room for both with the CC plates. They appear to be m14 x 1.50 jam nuts. ACE did not have thin nylock nuts in metric so my search continues.

Tac welded the cross brace plates to go under the CC plates at the shop today. Keep your eyes out for a possible kit on this from someone, not me. Test fitted them today and the worked perfect with Cheddas CC plates.

Also rebuilt my HF rack so that is ready to go. Still need to get the torsion bars so as soon as the cross brace plates are done i can do a complete front suspension rehab. need to give Marcus a ring on some 29s!

Also going a different direction in the very near future on my powertrain so going to sell my extra b series motor parts. Plans in the works for something with equal HP to my jdm b16a2 but way more torque to help pull me out off the turns. More to come there in the future.

Any how more to come.

Edited by CSPCRX, 19 September 2015 - 11:33 PM.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Cross brace plates are at powder coater right now.  Over the weekend I got the garage door lifted so I can put the car all the way up and leave the door open! AIR FLOW! If I get a chance I am going to measure the T-bars and order the 29s from Heal Toe.  That will be the last part for the complete front end switch. New struts, new CC plates, new cross brace, new rack and new T-bars. 

Here is a pic of the car all the way up and the door fully opened. Going to come in handy when the other cars are on the lift as well! Made the garage feel huge, kind of funny how the brain interprets things in that way.  Also got a wall mount tire rack from Tire Rack, haha, to put my autocross tires on when not in use. Easy install had not put the tires in it yet. Adding a board along the base so it doesn't punch through the drywall.

97E00A85-B6AE-4370-A2C0-01788429B2FB_zps

Edited by CSPCRX, 13 October 2015 - 02:27 PM.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
love the lift. would you recommend it and what's the model number if you would?

mid summer in the storage is not fun over here either. lots of ice water and fans .

nice work space
Keepin' it OEM

CSPCRX

Thanks. The lift is a Bendpak md-6xp. I really like it and am glad i got it. I have used it to do the brakes on my Tacoma and some work on the crx so far. I could not get a two post style lift because my slab being post tentioned. I did not want a four post becuase they are not the best for general work on cars, they are better for storage. The other thing that is great about the scissor lift is when its not in use it stays stored out of the way under the car.

Some day i want to do a mini split ac in the garage so i can work in there year round.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

OG-TJ

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si 2002 Audi S6 1997 4runner 2003 Audi A6 6MT BiTurbo 1991 Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Awesome - that's the best tool in the shop IMO.  I bought a very similar lift about 7 years ago and have never gone back to creepers and jackstands.  Where'd you get the ramps?  I've been rocking stacked 2x10's... 

WANTED - See my posts in the WTB section

The old long term build which I can no longer edit since my original account broke a few years back.

CSPCRX

It sure does make life easier. When i did the brakes on the front of the Tacoma it was the easiest brake job i ever did becuase i could put the truck at a comfortable height for me to work at.

Ramps are from race ramps. They are specifically built for use with scissor lifts. I went with them becuase they are so super light it makes them easy to move if they get in the way. Since they also brake down into 3 parts each side i can even take them to the track to use there in the pits if i wanted.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Blue87Crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeah had lots of undamage parts lol wish i had a truck when i went out would of bought alot of those parts haha your crx is looking good bro ! 👌

Blue87Crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeah had lots of undamage parts lol wish i had a truck when i went out would of bought alot of those parts haha your crx is looking good bro ! 👌

Blue87Crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip