• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Posted 12/23/08

Here is the most recent link to purchase:
http://www.heeltoeau...a-pr-64565.html

PLATES ARE IN STOCK AND SHIPPING NOW!

Hardware is available separately. We sell the hardware separately so that the cost can be spread out for our customers and that they may choose the material and grade of hardware the prefer. You can build your own hardware kit from the following list:
* 2x COM-10 spherical bearing
* 2x 1.1875 (1 3/16) internal snap ring
* 4x 8mmx30mm countersunk bolt
* 4x 8mm lock nut
* 4x 8mm flat washer
* 4x 10mmx50mm hex bolt
* 4x 10mm lock nut
* 4x 10mm flat washer

Posted 11/29/08

We will be getting these anodized black pretty soon. Hoping not to increase the price.

Posted 11/17/08

Ok peeps, here they are posted for sale:
http://www.heeltoeau...productid=64565

For now, no ano...and hardware sold separate (posting that up shortly also), and we are needing to get the bushings machined for the shock mounting. Can anyway toss a caliper on a strut for me to get the OD?

Marcus

Posted 10/08

I got a deal to make these and I can sell for $210 a pair, WITHOUT ANO and WITHOUT hardware (just billet parts only). Working on getting hardware prices nailed down, but expecting cost in the $300 range for complete kits.

Posted 6/08

Holy crap. A FULL YEAR after the original protoype was made, all the hardware has been gathered and the prototype has been anodized and ready for a reveal!!!!!!!!

We had to ease the corners on the plates to accomodate the wiper motor so the shape is a little different on this part versus the original prototype. We will also be adding t threaded holes for a future strut brace or monte carlo bar option.

The biggest and baddest feature of this plate is the saw-toothed engagement of the plates. Those weekend racers and auto-xers who try to get fast and repeatable adjustments on their cars will now appreciate this adjustment feature.

Grade 8 hardware with all nuts being nyloc used throughout. All of the bolts thread into the plates themselves providing a solid lock. The camber plate can be removed from the car while being solidly bolted together.

We still need to include the final bushing for the shock shaft. The kit will be supplied with standard size bushings for KYB/Tokico and Medieval-Pro dampers. Konis will need to get an optional collar.

PRICING

Due to tooling and labor needed to produce the saw-toothing, we are kinda stuck charging opm-lightspeed pricing on these. If you recall these kits sold for $300-$400 depending on construction, and that was 10-15 years ago so the fact we can even stay in the same range as an OPM aluminum kit is pretty good if you ask me.

We are going to retail this kit for $385, with Medieval-Pro damper customers getting a $50 discount. They are not too heavy so to counter the price we are going to ship for free for RPR members inside the US with cheap shipping for international people.

POSTED 6/07

Well, here they are!

Marcus

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid

PICS!
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
bump!

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan
nice work once again marcus!!!!! you are the hero for the 1st/3rd gen world!! (youve probably heard all of that before, but i just wanna praise you again)

duckorbleed

• . . .it's only illegal if you get caught. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99 honda civic ex coupe 5speed; 2013 Chevy Cruze
    • Image Gallery
that style looks something similar to what my roomie has on his first gen integra from lightspeed with a handful of variations of course. what does a set of those go for...?

in fact very minus the "V" grooves. and according to his, the bearing is simply held in by a retaining clip.... that has worn itself to pop out over the years. . . .

damn i feel like cloning a set of those. . . . .

HAAS CNC VF 2YT <---- Operator/Programmer LOL

Edited by duckorbleed, 20 June 2007 - 10:20 PM.

. . . .you can't piss on what you can't catch. . . .

importzero

very nice mr.d always out there helping us out
turbo zc !!!!!!

gtigilbert

how much are we talikng about?

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (gtigilbert @ Jun 21 2007, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much are we talikng about?

Well, I almost have that finalized.....

Any suggestions on the design?

duckorbleed

• . . .it's only illegal if you get caught. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99 honda civic ex coupe 5speed; 2013 Chevy Cruze
    • Image Gallery
i have a question/concern on the bearing. only cause the bearing that comes with the lightspeed kit, the inside like swivels, not your basic stationary bearing, and the center piece starts knocking eventually. you know what I mean Marcus... ? I would put a pic up but i have do camera at the moment. i will this weekend though.

i thought i saw another kit somewhere using basic sealed bearings, which would it elmiminate the knocking noise coming from the camber kit?

as for the design, are the VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV notches effetive. I have two of the three peices from the lightspeed kit i will have to send them to you to show similar design....

Royce

Edited by duckorbleed, 21 June 2007 - 03:02 AM.

. . . .you can't piss on what you can't catch. . . .

toxicshit

Hey Marcus biggrin.gif nice stuff how much suspension travel will these camber plates give us with the supplied spacers for the medieval-pro tein shocks ?

when will these plates become availible to us?

Greetings Erwin.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (duckorbleed @ Jun 21 2007, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a question/concern on the bearing. only cause the bearing that comes with the lightspeed kit, the inside like swivels, not your basic stationary bearing, and the center piece starts knocking eventually. you know what I mean Marcus... ? I would put a pic up but i have do camera at the moment. i will this weekend though.

i thought i saw another kit somewhere using basic sealed bearings, which would it elmiminate the knocking noise coming from the camber kit?
as for the design, are the VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV notches effetive. I have two of the three peices from the lightspeed kit i will have to send them to you to show similar design....
Royce

Well, the bearings make noise, there is not much you can do about it. More expensive bearings will resist the noise but they get REALLY expensive. We found a good supplier for the bearings but I am unsure of the potential for noise being better or worse than Lightspeed.

Yes, the saw tooth is effective. That's why I did it that way. ;-P

I am familiar with the lightspeed design. They work fine by 1990 standards. This is 2007, and we are making things better now than they did before.

Marcus

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (toxicshit @ Jun 21 2007, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Marcus biggrin.gif nice stuff how much suspension travel will these camber plates give us with the supplied spacers for the medieval-pro tein shocks ?

when will these plates become availible to us?

Greetings Erwin.

There is about another inch of travel available, but with the MP kit you really won't need it. Besides, moving the shock up will cause hood interference.

Haha, they will be available to YOU after you finish paying for the dampers wink.gif

Marcus

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
fyi, i've always been told that the bearings need to be replaced. they are a wear item. i've had to replace them once already in my OPM plates.

those look nice. i really need to get money.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Very nice.

While I know the serrated plates are effective for locking in and repeating alignment settings, one concern I have is not being able to get the side-to-side camber/caster numbers "exact". If one side needs just a tad more adjustment and that adjustment falls inbetween the serrations, then the sides might not have "exactly" the same settings.

Depending upon how fine the notch adjustments are, this is probably a non-issue, as the side-to-side difference may just fall into the allowable tolerance of measuring the camber/caster settings. I just wanted to pick-a-nit! rolleyes.gif

Irregardless of the serrations, I'm still down for a set.

Well done Marcus, thank you.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kakabox @ Jun 21 2007, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice.

While I know the serrated plates are effective for locking in and repeating alignment settings, one concern I have is not being able to get the side-to-side camber/caster numbers "exact". If one side needs just a tad more adjustment and that adjustment falls inbetween the serrations, then the sides might not have "exactly" the same settings.

Depending upon how fine the notch adjustments are, this is probably a non-issue, as the side-to-side difference may just fall into the allowable tolerance of measuring the camber/caster settings. I just wanted to pick-a-nit! rolleyes.gif

Irregardless of the serrations, I'm still down for a set.

Well done Marcus, thank you.

You bring a good point. The plates themselvces, saw tooth and all are completely symmetrical. Any inability to attain equality left and right would be due to the chassis. I am not sure how this could be solved really. Although I expect that the adjustability of the camber plates would be enough to get the left and right the same in terms of alignment angle. NOTE THAT to get the alignment same on the left and right it is quite possible that the settings left to right will not be the same. Especially if you are corner-weighted.

Marcus