• You cannot reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
Especially phtochops that bad! gawd! sad.gif
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

I are Corey

• ...how dare you
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si Hatchback
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
basically i think it'll look a lot like the insight but without that stupid skirt on the back covering the tires

i agree with rpr, if its a stupid civic hatch with a crx badge...i wont consider even looking at it

<span style='color:red'>SportInjectedClub</span>

ImprtRcr02

• You Dare Mess With A Saiyajin??
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 04' Srt-4, working on the crx beast
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

ImprtRcr02

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
Sorry to be a Negator but the CRX probably isn't going to make it. I'll believe it when I see it. There is more demand for 8 passenger SUVs than 2 seater sports cars. Besides two seaters are over $30Gs nowadays, who's going to afford that??

Photoshop.

JAKOB biggrin.gif

Edited by boman, 13 May 2004 - 11:16 PM.

1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
ok guys, i think we all need to slow down on our expectations. the only reason why i say this is because in the article, or from what i read on here, they are going to be type-r. so that may mean that only japan is going to get them and im not sure about euro. the only type-r we got was the integra. so im not sure. just my thoughts. so please don't get mad at me.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
i hope they dont bring out a crx.

the 2004 honda civic is hideous enough as it is, and in 2006 it will most likely be worse. Id rather not want to cry when i see a legand liek the crx come back as a nasty variation of the new civic.

i'll stick with my 84

my 2cents
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
i think an insight based sports car might look alright. it needs a little simplification, and some fine tuning, but the insight isn't a bad looking car.

imagine a 2300lb retro style insight w/ 200 hp and handling like a 1g.

yea right.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
theres nothign i love mroe then more power, better air flow, fuel economy etc, but i couldnt sped thousands of dollars on a brand new car taht is just plain ugly.
the 2004 civic looks liek a ford focus -- enough said ph34r.gif

EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i like the new civics. expecially in that shade of blue rolleyes.gif

PhoenixxxSi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 2000 Eclipse GT
The CRX has been on honda's drawing board almost every year since the 96+ models, or so I'm told. The main reason Honda hasn't yet done it is mainly because of performance and cost. With cars like the S2000, Civic Si and Integra Type R's being imported, a CRX Si or Type-R would have to be extremely well designed and present something that couldn't be offered on any of the other honda platforms. Now most people would settle for a smaller more performance oriented Civic, which is what the CRXs were to begin with. But when it comes to it, who wants to pay the same price for a car with half the room and just a few suspension or engine upgrades?

I personally don't think we will see another CRX for a number of years, and when they do bring it back they will do something like Mitsubishi did with the Lancer and put it on the market as a full race ready car with brake, suspension and engine upgrades as well as a premuim interior and exterior modifications like a body kit and different hood, so that it looks like a civic.

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Why has no one asked the most important question... What motor can we bolt into it!?!? laugh.gif God knows Honda will give us a toned down version, just like every other model. Are we going to need to buy a new CRX and an RSX type-s motor to equal the japanese stocker? *sigh* and I was supposed to start saving for a house mad.gif

DarKGifT06

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: honda civic 1986 1.3
I (fingers crossed) hope it comes out like the Evo did for lancer and is just a crazy hp, hanling, comfortable, stylish race addition. CRX-R now that would be a car name. It would need min 250hp posibly awd, 2 seater c/w 4 seat moddle /w 5 door im guessing the rear doors would be suicid style opening from the front back. Hopeing that they will use the 2000 civic style front with a new 86 style crx hatch. biggrin.gif

I know that i would be very tempted to buy one

I aslo know that with gas prices and every one thinking "green" (energy efficant) it might be a hybrid with an electric/gas engin. and this would kill me sad.gif

Edited by DarKGifT06, 14 May 2004 - 11:33 AM.

DarkHand

I've always thought the Insight (especially without the rear wheel covers, like the photoshopped picture) looks just like a new-generation CRX. It's already a light platform... Put a 240hp K-series in it, the AWD from the prototype Accord, the turbo from the concept Accord, and now you're cooking. smile.gif
DarkHand

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
you guys have high hopes i am going to go ahead and say this is not true there will never be another CRX if there is some threee door iti will be called the del sol is my guess

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
what's so big about AWD? the original was FWD.. no need for awd.. you guys are asking way too much from this thing. it's not supposed to be like an evo. it was never intended to be like one. the reason it's a CRX instead of an evo or a wrx is casue it's fwd with a 4 cylinder NA motor and only 2 seats.. you guys who want it turbo or awd really don't understand the basis of the CRX.. if you want an evo, buy an evo. but keep my crx's fwd, and NA thank you! no power windows, no power locks, no power steering.. just a power moonroof.. that's ALL. 4 wheel discs. maybe 15 inch wheels/tires. tight suspension, short wheelbase, 2 comfortable, supportive seats, and maybe 200hp if i'm lucky. if not, i'd take 160hp and around 2400 lbs..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(