Clicking And Steering Jerk When Turning?

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

mycotopian

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX HF
I recently replaced my work out control arms with the Integra pieces. When I turn left now I get a clicking along with the steering wheel jerking. I am thinking tie rod ends? Anything else I shoud look at? Also if it is my tie rod ends shoudl I replace them with 1g crx pieces or the integra ones?

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
A jerking steering wheel almost sounds like a bent axle, as well as the clicking you would hear around corners, though that would be a worn outer joint rather than a bent axle.

If you are replacing your tie rods it would be better to go with integra.

Also, check your lower ball joint on the control arm to see if it is worn out, but i'm guessing you probably already did as you replaced them.... however see if there is any play up and down by prying the wheel away from the ground, its possible there is play in the steering knuckle socket.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
Axle problem. No biggie, though the process of replacing it sucks. Buy one from Autozone or somewhere that comes with a lifetime warranty. That way when the boot rips again and the joint is cheesed in a year and a half you can take it back for a free one. Don't forget to drain the trans or put fresh and correct lubricant in it when you put it back.
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".