D16a1 Into 4th Gen Civic

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

MiAsMa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si (d16a1)
ok first off i know its not a 3g or a 1gcrx.. but i need to know if there is any (easy) way of making a 87 d16a1 fit in a 4g civic hatch. a few months back i had my 86 Si written off and i had a d16a1 in it. well due to the lack of demand around here for this engine it is just going to waste sitting in my garage. now i know it wont drop right in (to the ef) as it sits now. but what i'm wondering is if i got a 88-89 d16a1 block, would they bolt up, and then drop into my ef hatch with stock mounts?

any help would be greatly appriciated.. iv been looking around at other forums like honda tech and the likes, but they just dont seem to know as much as people here.

thanks,
Shane

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
i know we have the 4g with the zc/d16 here in denmark so it should be duable... maybe with new mounts and v-tech driveshafts?

he he, sorry V_TEC still learning how to spell rolleyes.gif
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
There is a difference between the black top ZC and the black top D16A1 mounting. Just like you would have to fab up some mount brackets and such to put a 2g ZC in a 3g hatch, you would most likely have to do the same fab work to fit the D16A into the 4g.

With full ZC swaps starting to be a dime a dozen (you can literally pick up the whole swap for around 6-700 dollars) the time and effort to put a D16A1 into a 4g would be pointless.

Just my two cents.
SportInjectedClub

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
yeah, plus since its a browntop you will have vacume advance ignition, so you cant run the stock ecu. that means doing some rewireing, or there might be other ways..... im not sure. anyways its prityt pointless when you can get the whole motor+tranny for 500 bucks or so

MiAsMa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
well damn.. around here i dont think zcs are that cheap.. l got my full d16a1 swap for $1500CAD so i think a newer engine would probably be more. ok so which zc will drop into a 4g hatch? i know theres more than one type. exactly what car will i be using as a doner? an 88-91 teg ls? i dont want to make new mounts.

also anyone want a d16a1 longblock with manifolds/tranny/crxsi wiring harness etc?

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
i have personally seen a D16A1 block with sohc (88+ civic) head in a 2G crx (same as 4G hatch, as im sure you already know). i was talking to the owner of the car and he thought the car was stock so he didnt know anything about it but it looks to me like all the mounts were stock except for the drivers side one. it looks like an aftermarket one made of aluminum of some sort. the mount attached to the front of the block and the back of the block and wrapped around the block itself with the mounting point where needed for the 2/4G. also, to add to this, i have also seen a few pic's of this done before but not positive it was on this site or not. someone deffinitely makes that mount, just search around a good bit and im sure you will find it.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile
First, a polite suggestion. If you would kindly add your "Location" to your Profile you will get more responses and better responses.

Second, if you don't find a buyer here you might try over on g1teg.org. wink.gif

Good luck wit dat!
Posted Image

MiAsMa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
updated* Victoria BC