←  Off-Topic

Red Pepper Racing

»

Bought Honda Stock During Black Fridays Dip

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 29 Dec 2021

I finally bought Stock in the Honda Motor Company (HMC)!  4% dividend and good defensive play the next few years of increasing inflation.  Its down due to chip shortages and recall.   Slow and steady, not a barn burner....

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 09 Jan 2022

Too cool.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 11 Mar 2022

HMC hit 52 wk low w Ukraine invasion. Bought more this week

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 06 May 2022

Bought more 3 wks ago, and again last week.....   

Dividend is a little squirly.   TDA doesn't show it, but yahoo finance does at 4.7%..    Theres a version traded on the japanese exchange, another we can buy NYSE.  I got on Honda's PR/investors page and they claim 2 payouts a year.  with potential for more during good times.  Didn't clarify US vs Japanese exchanges.

Watching my dividend receivables to confirm.  I'm happy w the purchases

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 07 May 2022

Markets so low now’s the time to buy

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 23 Dec 2022

Bought more yesterday. Announcement of a safety issue. Buy into fear....

Honda doesn’t announce dividend dates very well from my brokerage. seems every December record date. and possible a mid-year date. There is foreign tax withheld. And foreign income on ur 1099DIV. Slight differences from American dividends

i originally bought seeing the trend bounce between $28-36. figured buy/sell on the swings. it’s now in the $22’s. Hell of a deal w 5% div

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 23 Mar 2023

Trimmed a little about a month ago, then rebought.  Was able to earn a couple more shares.   Holding tight.  Long term for me.  Appears slight upward momentum.  I think it’s the div people are after for 2023??

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 02 Jun 2023

Surpassed 52 week high.  Japanese markets doing well. Starting to trim.  Looking to rebuy later on a dip

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 02 Jun 2023

Go Honda!

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 24 Jun 2023

Sold off all the stock 7-10 days ago.   Cash set aside for rebuy when it dips.  It’s had too good of a run.  Plan to rebuy in future.  I have faith in Honda