Trade? Ahh Help Me! I'm Losing My 1g! Ahh

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

MadMax

• pepper-ed
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: pirate,ship
Ok I thought id do it just for kicks knowing most people dont know the true potention of a 1G and the durability of the carbed models. The guy is actually willing to trade and I don't know if I should.

CAR: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S. 5speed 140k needs a dash. White, lowered. other wise all stock. He wants 1500 but is willing to trade for my 86 crx. I know the ae86 may be worth more but its the most reliable car ive ever owned. His friend then asked me if he could buy my 87 CRX Si for 500 or so after I fix the lower radius arm and cv joint. AH my 1G's!!!!!!!

Some pictures of the car.

Rollin 1G style.. reppin those old school Honda's user posted image

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ohh man, that car is freekin awsome.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well, what do you want to do? racing? or drifting? be original? or be just another Takumi?

huh?
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Oct 31 2005, 04:10 PM)
or be just another Takumi?

huh?

HEY?!?!?!? Some of us are sensitive !!! hahahahahahahahaha not really ! tongue.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

antisocialspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 96civic(sold) 87crx dx(gone) 86 crx si 96sentra 86.5 Nissan truck 2001 Integra-GSR
In a heart beat!! That toyota is even harder to find than a nice 1g. Atleast around here any ways. And keep the si...so you have the best of both worlds:)

JAYD

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 99 Civic SiR, 87 CRX si, 2005 Chrysler 300SS
I would do the trade for sure... those cars are awsome. Good Luck

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
yeah trade for the hachi roku and keep the Si

Edited by 84 Hoopty, 01 November 2005 - 12:01 AM.

QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

MadMax

• pepper-ed
  • PipPip
    • Drives: pirate,ship
I'm sorry for not talking to you my wise friends. But I made a decision without your assistance. (I didnt read posts until now..) I TRADED my 86 dx for it, i teared up when i left, honestly i did. I was very attached to that car, but this is the car ive been wanting for a long time. It has rebuilt bottom end. Brakes are kinda soft, stops the car but soft so I'm bleeding them before I leave his appartment. Momo steering wheel which is so cool. Car feels fast but no gauges work, Time for another project. I may sell the Si if the price is right... I'll start looking for another one lol. Theres a guy from South Carolina willing to give me a 500 dollar check, then anothe 500 bucks after he flys down here to get the car. A couple of other offers but I will keep the a6 and restore it to its former glory. I <3 old imports. Any rpr members come down to my house in a year, well go slidin heh.
Rollin 1G style.. reppin those old school Honda's user posted image

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I thnk if I had two 3rd gens (I like them a little more than the 1st gens) I'd trade one for that Toyota. I almost did, it was the right body but it was the wrong version.

I would vote for not selling the other 1gen though, unless you think you can replace it with a better one for the price you sell it for.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Hatch_Pat

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2X AE86 1987,Civic 1500S 1987(Dead),CRX 1991,CRX SI 1987,Civic1500S ZC 1986
Having two AE86 and still a 1g id tell u to go for it it an awsome car to drive

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
You walked into a bargin there I think. I'd also have done the trade in a heartbeat. Even if I didn't have another 1G arround. I'd then, ofcourse find me another 1G later on to have both wink.gif

That's what I want in the future, a 1G and a hatchie. Have the 1G pure race, and have the hatch street preped as a fun DD.

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
I did an AE86...what a headache and a money pit....

After I dumped 1.5 years into it, $7Ks, rare parts from hell and I got at least one event out of it...I gave up when I had to pull the engine for the 3rd time...my back was blown out...and still is. Some lucky kid bought it for $2600 and gave me a $400 87 Civic HB...and after a little work to it...it's been getting me back and forth to work every day since April...at 80 miles a day, and it's just getting peppier all the time... So I guess I got a deal out of it...

I would prolly do another AE86, but no more funds, and I got a few projects already waiting for me to get to...

But the kid I sold the AE86 too, will have it back together and it will be hot....he scored a brand new engine in a crate, from the bowels of some dealership, and he's hired a welder to make it the stiffest AE86 in the world...he's mentioned showcar/Drift/ and rally...plus he has about $10K+ to throw at it...so he's set.

And the old saying...if you can drift an AE86...then you can drift anything.....is false.

I got the AE86 to slide a few times after some practice...but when I got into my Z...nothing but spin city....but yet I jumped in a 240SX...and I did very good...

So the new saying should be...if you can drift an old Z...then you really can drift anything...

And if you need some wheels for the AE86...hit me up...I still have way too many wheels for that damn car...that I need to sell off...they wont fit my Z like I thought, but they are perfect for AE86's...
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...