←  Projects

Red Pepper Racing

»

My First Gen Crx 1986

Alexander's Photo Alexander 17 Dec 2009

Hello! Accept the new guy?
Forgive for my bad English.
Not so long ago I have bought CRX.
In Russia not enough first generation, and I wanted only the first. That I have found the closest, these are 800 kilometres from the house. It even has reached to the house under the own steam, and has eaten 3 litres of oil on 800км.

And it is happy and frozen I (the heater did not work).

Here that the old owner has made:

Now I it have cleaned all, and I wait when there will arrive spare parts from ebay.
Still I have removed at once the engine, and now I wait spare parts.
While all that I have had time to make it, at us now winter and-30 degrees.

Maine_Honda_Racer's Photo Maine_Honda_Racer 17 Dec 2009

Welcome to Red Pepper. Here I thought it was cold here at 0 degrees last night, though that is in Farenheit, I assume your temperatures are in Celcius?

Hondamään's Photo Hondamään 17 Dec 2009

Hi there! Here really is pretty damn cold and only -20c now. Can't wait those -30 winterdays... Haven't seen 1gen with Golf II grill before, but good luck in your project and I hope that you have a warmed place to build your rex smile.gif

kaymo's Photo kaymo 17 Dec 2009

That front end conversion is SWEET! welcome to RPR!

In your images, what is with the CRX with no headlights and nose? You know, the red rear center panel is rare, and the spoiler is one year 85 only! also means that car has the lower geared transmission, just so you know.

Lymitliss's Photo Lymitliss 17 Dec 2009

That's a crazy front end! Welcome to the board!

NWClassicHonda's Photo NWClassicHonda 17 Dec 2009

If you want a VW then buy a VW. lol

RARECRX's Photo RARECRX 17 Dec 2009

QUOTE (jdm4drda7 @ Dec 17 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt header panels are easy to come by in Russia. Nothing wrong with improvising and ingenuity. It did catch me off guard at first. I was like "hey that's not a 1G that's a Golf lol.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 17 Dec 2009

Welcome aboard. Keep the pictures coming. Love to see other CRX's are looking like in other countries

D

OG Wagon's Photo OG Wagon 17 Dec 2009

Great CRX man!

I actually like this VW front end conversion. From the picture you posted, it looks like it was very well done, and almost came like that from the factory. Best of luck, and thanks for sharing!

Alexander's Photo Alexander 18 Dec 2009

QUOTE (Maine_Honda_Racer @ Dec 17 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to Red Pepper. Here I thought it was cold here at 0 degrees last night, though that is in Farenheit, I assume your temperatures are in Celcius?

Celcius wink.gif

QUOTE (jdm4drda7 @ Dec 18 2009, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The front end from VW was made not by me, is the old owner. blink.gif
I already dismantled this horror!
Really as have told already in Russia it is almost impossible to find the nose panels. I will do her and likely I will put headlights from 2gen
Edited by Alexander, 18 December 2009 - 03:20 AM.

QUOTE (kaymo @ Dec 18 2009, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That front end conversion is SWEET! welcome to RPR!

In your images, what is with the CRX with no headlights and nose? You know, the red rear center panel is rare, and the spoiler is one year 85 only! also means that car has the lower geared transmission, just so you know.

Yes, in such kind it was at the old owner, is better it would do nothing. I know that the red panel is rare, but it has painted it the black. I will try to polish it.
Probably it is 1985, but in documents it is written 1986.

Hondamään's Photo Hondamään 18 Dec 2009

In here Finland I know three 1gen's that are for sale in parts, so all those front end parts are easy to get and I think that price would be cheap, lights, nosepanel and grill for 50€ would be pretty close? smile.gif

QUOTE (Hondamään @ Dec 18 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In here Finland I know three 1gen's that are for sale in parts, so all those front end parts are easy to get and I think that price would be cheap, lights, nosepanel and grill for 50€ would be pretty close? smile.gif

It would be excellent! But how to deliver nose panel, it big.

kaymo's Photo kaymo 18 Dec 2009

QUOTE (Alexander @ Dec 18 2009, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The front end from VW was made not by me, is the old owner. blink.gif
I already dismantled this horror!
Really as have told already in Russia it is almost impossible to find the nose panels. I will do her and likely I will put headlights from 2gen

noooo! believe me that front end conversion is SWEET! it would be a REAL horror if you put 2nd gen CRX lights on this car! DONT DO IT either put it back stock or put the vw kit back on because it really looks great, and well done too