Fs: Ult1gcrx, 300+hp '85 Si In Nc

• You cannot reply to this topic
250 replies to this topic

Charles

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
I hope you get a decent amount of what you put in it.

But a car is like a wife. No one really appreciates how much you put in her.

I agree. Put a cover on the car and let it sit a year. Then see if you feel differently. Better yet, just let DiscoStu keep it for a year. Then you can visit it when you get lonely.

down4ce

QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 8 2005, 10:34 AM)

hmmm.... blink.gif

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 8 2005, 11:34 AM)
I hope you get a decent amount of what you put in it.

I agree. Put a cover on the car and let it sit a year. Then see if you feel differently. Better yet, just let DiscoStu keep it for a year. Then you can visit it when you get lonely.

I'd hold onto it, but I'd be afraid of something happening to it either by my hand or some other dimbulb passing it by. Besides, with 2 CRX's on the street already, plus the cars my brother has, our street/back yard is too crowded as is.

celerity

• The visible world is the invisible organization of energy.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1991 Civic Hatch, 1987 4Runner SR5
You'll never sell this car. Ever. No one will give you a fraction of what you have into it.

I can tell you all sorts of stories about my Celica GTA - About it's appreciation in Japan and Australia. I can tell you about my numbers-matching restore. In the end, I had to cut my losses and hold onto the dream by taking all of it's GTA-specific parts off and junking it.

The CRX at least is a little easier. Reg it in Maine, build a shed on the corner of your property, and put it away under a cover. Insure it and bring it out for shows, and then put it back. The CRX's size is on your side for this decision.
Passion, if fed, Survives
Love, in time, Adapts
Trust, if Betrayed, Limits
Hope, if believed in, Thrives
Dreams, if realised, become true
Truth, if validated, becomes fact
Death, if accepted, calms
Life, without question, Goes on.

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Aug 8 2005, 05:58 PM)
Besides, with 2 CRX's on the street already,....

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

This is pretty much my worst nightmare, seeing my car parked ON THE STREET!

Staten Island + Mega $$$ CRX on street= basically giving a thief permission to rape the car. Why not just hand him the keys and tell him to enjoy the race??!!

I don't even like going into Wal-Mart for 15 min. w/ the car in the parking lot.

bryman<-----says ULT1GCRX will ALWAYS be garaged
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

celerity

• PipPip
it IS, however, interesting to see that you have my same exact head unit:

-> Steve
Love, in time, Adapts

celerity

• PipPip
Lastly, for my ultimate post whoring, I would like to point out that you aren't the only person here with LOADS in his CRX. Airjockie, for instance has more than $6000 sunk into his. I have a tangible $6000 into mine.

But you are either realistic about what your intent is ( Stagnant will strip out as much as is willing, sell piece by piece and then sell the car itself for like $4000 to someone to pass along the legacy.

There is no where left to go on the Ultimate, And no one is going to pay top dollar so that they too - Have no where to go. if you're serious about this, part it out to us or on Ebay - Let someone have the fun of doing their own ultimate builds, and then sell the shell (Shell = a seriously nice car with a seriously nice engine, but perhaps no Mugen goodies, interior rarieties or one-offs that you have) and let them take the car in their own direction. Track or wild daily ride.

My GTA engine is going on it's own path - an offroading torque meister. The interior is going off in it's own direction - To a V8 powered Celica coupe. And, I made some money. But more so, it was a relief when I finally let go and did the right thing.

For instance, I have some parts that are coming in from New Zealand (When the container is full) that includes a 1983 pop-up light header panel, DOHC bumped bonnet, and Mugen re-pro fender extensions. If I collect the rest of this stuff, I would be looking for a body to mount it all to (I'll be DAMNED if I'm doing it to my freshly painted CRX). So if all goes well, perhaps I'll buy the de-jeweled shell and give it another JDM workover.

-> Steve
Love, in time, Adapts

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (celerity @ Aug 8 2005, 08:58 PM)
Lastly, for my ultimate post whoring, I would like to point out that you aren't the only person here with LOADS in his CRX.  Airjockie, for instance has more than $6000 sunk into his. I have a tangible $6000 into mine. 

But you are either realistic about what your intent is ( Stagnant will strip out as much as is willing, sell piece by piece and then sell the car itself for like $4000 to someone to pass along the legacy.

There is no where left to go on the Ultimate, And no one is going to pay top dollar so that they too - Have no where to go.  if you're serious about this, part it out to us or on Ebay - Let someone have the fun of doing their own ultimate builds, and then sell the shell (Shell = a seriously nice car with a seriously nice engine, but perhaps no Mugen goodies, interior rarieties or one-offs that you have) and let them take the car in their own direction. Track or wild daily ride.

My GTA engine is going on it's own path - an offroading torque meister. The interior is going off in it's own direction - To a V8 powered Celica coupe.  And, I made some money.  But more so, it was a relief when I finally let go and did the right thing.

For instance, I have some parts that are coming in from New Zealand (When the container is full) that includes a 1983 pop-up light header panel, DOHC bumped bonnet, and Mugen re-pro fender extensions.  If I collect the rest of this stuff, I would be looking for a body to mount it all to (I'll be DAMNED if I'm doing it to my freshly painted CRX).  So if all goes well, perhaps I'll buy the de-jeweled shell and give it another JDM workover.

-> Steve

Steve (super post-whore):
Yes, sadly I do understand that I'll never get close out of it what I've put into it. Also, I know several guys here have a fair amount of money into their CRX's too. I think the general rule of thumb is about 1/3 to 1/2 of total investment, but of course that's a faint guideline at best...ultimately it comes down to supply and demand.

I certainly don't mean to imply that I'm the only person here that's got a lot in his car, but dude..forgive me, $6K is a far cry from $27K wink.gif (Granted, a good chunk of that in my case is labor costs, but STILL... smile.gif )

As far as parting it out....sure it makes more financial sense, but I just don't think I could ever forgive myself for watching people rape my car for some valuable parts and destroy what took so much time, effort, vision, $$$$ to create. Plus, right now time is of the essense (look down 2 paragraphs).

I'd much rather see someone who TRULY appreciates it for what it is and is able and willing to pay what it's worth to acquire something this special and keep it as a whole.

As I've stated several times before, it's NOT about the money for me. I'm not looking to get every nickel and dime to part it out.
I DO want to see it go to a good home, but it's ALSO a "time-is-of-the-essense" type thing, as I'm trying to get this:
Monster 4-door civic

I will certainly miss ULT1GCRX, but I would be willing to give it up for another performance car equally as exciting (albeit in a 4-door version) and also more practical as I now have a family of 4.

I hope you guys can try to understand me here...

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Bryman)
As far as parting it out....sure it makes more financial sense, but I just don't think I could ever forgive myself for watching people rape my car for some valuable parts and destroy what took so much time, effort, vision, $$$$ to create.

As if we're gonna forgive you for selling it in the first place?

Yeah, 2 rexes on the streets around here isn't fun... already had one of the prostitots from the hood doodle on Silverbolt with a marker. A little brillo took it off... yeah not smart but I am gonna get it repainted anyhow... someday.

xunedeinx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1999 Nissan Quest
Im sorry stu. Id be willin got take a rex off your hands eventually. Not anytime soon, but eventually.

celerity

• PipPip
Prostitots from the hood = laugh.gif

Pardon my observation here, but Brian just called a 4 door Civic a "high performance car".

I'm afraid we may have lost sight here.

That's a 15,000 dollar Civic. Do you know what kind of buyers remorse you're going to suffer from when you pay $15,000 for a 4 door econo car with the wrong motor and flashy wheels? Your vision of the present and future is clouded by this reasonably insane opinion that a swapped 4 door Civic is worth anything near $15,000. I don't care if Jesus did the swap. Swaps don't make money. If anything, they devalue the car.

So someone has taken a car that was meant for 1/5th the power that it has, an engine that was meant for less than 1/2 the power, and suspension for the track stuffed in to a road car - And you expect that all will be well ? Swapping motors in a honda is something that should be reserved for those with the following:

1. A spare car to drive when the hybrid is down.
2. The ability to have it under a roof, getting tweaked for months at a time
3. Someone with lots of money, and no actual attachment to the car when it's hybridded, daughter-boarded, laptop controlled ECU and wiring harness combo of 3 other harnesses bursts into flames.

I'm not going to classify you in either of those categories - But I'm footloose and fancy free - I make good money, and have very few bills. And not even I think that's a good idea.

This Civic represents a WRX (Of which my gf has) except it can't get enough traction to lay down half of it's horsepower, it isn't even known what it gets per mile, and there are no guarantees from day to day that it will even run !

This is INSANE for a guy to buy a car like this to cater to being a sport-driving family man ! When it comes down to it, the whole package is an econo car with 4 times it's designed-for power !

I'm all about good cars. I was raised in the backseat of a Toyota Supra. That Supra kept my father sane. And I too shall follow this prescription. But damn, the owner of that Civic has got to lay off the crack. I've seen some brilliant swaps for half of that, or less.

You're not going to get what YOU invested in a car, why do you think HE will ?!

-> Steve
Love, in time, Adapts

ChrisF-dude