Carb To Fuel Injection

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

Yurhomieblaze

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 civic b16, 95 civic B18C, 97 civic H22
i was looking for some insight on the wiring behind the carb to FI swap for my 1984 civic 1500 S. i've serached the forums and didn't find any good ansewers, only people saying they done it, its a pain in the ass and it took for ever but they don't say what was done to wire up the ecu.
i don't want to swap the whole car harness so i'm going to wire it in, anyone have any good write ups for wiring in a ecu to a carb car?
this seems like a fairly often subject that comes up, there should be a sticky for a carb to FI write-up on the top of the page.

Kaneda

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX DX
Im also looking for some more info, i have a 86 Dx and an 87 Si parts car, i plan to do the pgmfi and dash crossover during spring break, i could use some help too!

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
I would just get an si harness....much easier....any detailed questions????
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
I think it would be a waste of time to try to wire an FI harness on top of a carb one. Simply swap in the entire CRX/Civic Si harness and you'll have fewer problems down the road. Removing the dash and some carpet is not all that hard.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
lol...Just make sure yu remove that steering wheel...when yu remove the dash...lol....Yu will crack yur windshield...lol been there ...done that...good luck...holla if yu have ne more questions...
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

Yurhomieblaze

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
cool, right on for the feed back.
theres a 87 SI in the junkyard by my house. i think i'm going to go rape the shit out of it for the parts i need for the conversion.
the main problem i have is finding a complete harness intact and in useable shape.

Yurhomieblaze

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
dang, i went there and they were just about to crush the car, it was sitting in the row in front of the crusher. i was able to get the ecu, ecu plugs and wires (cut under the conderser unit), complete engine harness, distributor and the wireing going in the firewall on the driver side. i'm thinkin convert it to MPFI , then d16a6 or d157 turbo.
also the fuckers crushed the car right as soon as i left, i left my 3/8 drive rachet under the hood, went back to get it and the car was a pancake(gone 3mins at max), but then while i was eating my torta, my bro found me a even nicer flex head 3/8 drive ratchet in the car we were working on. crazy

Kaneda

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX DX
So i got my DX motor out today and i'm starting to look at both engine bay's and im thinking this looks pretty easy...
Im now stripping the engine bay of all the electrical and fluid lines, when thats done i plan to just swap parts from the 87si
to my dx piece by piece, until the 87si is stripped from the radiator to the dash. other than the fuel tank and return line, is there
any specific part of this changeover that you guys have found difficult? i figure since i'm swapping the entire harness, splicing and
electrical modification should be kept down to a minimum, correct? Thanks for any heads up or extra info/advice, really appreciate it.
P.S sorry again for the thread jack, just thought the added info would be useful on both our situations biggrin.gif

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
This is not a hard swap, plug and play with the wiring harness. Fuel pump is easy like sunday morning and swithing the head is nothing. There is a write up if you search for it, takes time but youll find it.

user posted image

1stgenrex00

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 91 Pontiac Sunbird, 1985 Honda CRX
I got an 87 CRX that I just pulled the motor out of. Friend of mine swapped his civic to a b16 so he sold me his old d16a6. This is the complete front end of the car(motor, injectors, mounts, axels, shift linkage, ecu, wiring and a t20 turbo with piping, intercooler and everything). I think I should just be able to swap everything, mount the ecu, run the wires and be good. Or am I wrong? I don't plan on rewiring and ecu so I hope I'm not wrong but would like some clarification. Thanks guys