• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
this is pretty late notice to be bringing up, but I thought I would at least pop out a feeler. On Saturday October the 20th I will be in East Tennessee / North Carolina wearing out my first gen CRX on a very beautiful and challenging road called the "tail of the dragon" US129

if you have never heard of it, google it. You can also check out killboy photography's website. If for any random reason any peppers are going to be near that area on that date I'm sure Jeff and I would love to meet you.

we will pretty much be killing it bright and early in the morning till sundown

LMK

-cam

kess

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: RPR member #40. 1987 CRX Si, 1988 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si/JRSC
Yup, I have heard about it for quite some time and a friend of mine just ran it in a 2nd gen MR2. It is on my Bucket List but I cant make it there to run with you. Air up your tires and shoot some video!
When the Student is ready the Teacher appears...

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Iv always wanted to attack that roadway, to bad I'm on the other side of the country. Have fun fellas!

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
This weekend! Got my new sound system installed for the road. Waiting on my alternator and a new battery. Also the cam seal and front main seal will be replaced.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Wish I could, but too much going on right now and going to SC the next weekend. Maybe another time.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
man if i get the d16a1 running properly i will meet you guys there i will PM you for more details if this ends up working out
The Original CR-Z driver

jweber89

• 1986年ホンダシビッ
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic CRX DX(sold), 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si

man if i get the d16a1 running properly i will meet you guys there i will PM you for more details if this ends up working out

Hope that you can. Cam and I are camping out up there Friday night so we can devote all of Saturday to driving. It will be a great time. Good luck getting your car finished.

Jeff

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx
I remember what an instructor said at a driver meeting, you'll be driving on a race track today, much more difficult than driving in the canyon. Wow, I thought, he must be going really slow in the canyon, as canyon driving is much more difficult, airborne at times, sliding towards oncoming traffic, sliding around bicycles in my lane, high risk. I thought the track was so easy to drive, smooth, wide, everybody going the same direction. While I did survive my street racing days, not everyone is so lucky. Dave

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery

I remember what an instructor said at a driver meeting, you'll be driving on a race track today, much more difficult than driving in the canyon. Wow, I thought, he must be going really slow in the canyon, as canyon driving is much more difficult, airborne at times, sliding towards oncoming traffic, sliding around bicycles in my lane, high risk. I thought the track was so easy to drive, smooth, wide, everybody going the same direction. While I did survive my street racing days, not everyone is so lucky. Dave

Ehhh, I've had track time. Definately the way to go racing... My "street hooning" days are over. There will be people in our group that will take their and others lives into their own hands... Jeff and I are just there for the view. Trust me, you can have all the fun you would ever want on this road while doing the speed limit. Especially in our little cars. It feels like you are flat flying!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Have you ever wondered how you would go about knowing when it is time to change out a rubber coolant hose?

OldSchoolREX's RPR top tip of the day:

it is time to change the hose when you poke it with your finger and it crumbles to pieces. lol

I'm actually embarrassed to admit that I let 1 get that bad, but you know the 2 little hoses that go to the oil cooler on the back of the block? Well, they are definitely the original 26 year old units. A few months ago I replace all of the hoses, except those two. They we're just a ticking time bomb. Also my alternator was completely shot, yet it was just replaced in 2009

jweber89

• 1986年ホンダシビッ
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic CRX DX(sold), 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si
Heading over to Cam's house bright and early tomorrow. I bought a GoPro camera today so we can get some good video of the ride. Are you going to make it out JEA86?

Jeff

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Blacktop Swap, 2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD, 2012 Toyota Rav4
    Garage View Garage
chasing a couple phantom issues right now with my d16a1 swap, Clutch slips when i get on the gas in higher RPM's (think it may be adjustment on the clutch cable), I have no speedo at all and my cable is down inside the transmission not sure whats up there, my blinkers dont work now for some reason, and my heat is not working at all either... so i got a few things i am going to try and sort out tonight when i get home and if they get worked out i will try and meet you guys down there. these may be easy issues or if it is a bad clutch i am not going to be able to make it
The Original CR-Z driver

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Wish you guys were there...

Here, Jeff mentally prepares himself for the first runs of the day. :P

Posted Image

-Cam

JEA86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
That makes 2 of us, whenever i turn my headlights on my car bogs out and dies so i am trying to figure it out, i can not drive the car at night.....
The Original CR-Z driver

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
killer.......