• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

kodi191

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 honda crx
    Garage View Garage
there are turbo mainfolds on ebay and they say will fit all d series motors is that true and they sam d15 for the hf modle will that fit a 87 dx u think

ash d-series

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 3g civic
no they will only fit the 16v d series engines, the 12 valve engines have completley different manifolds
[

kodi191

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ash d-series @ Jul 8 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no they will only fit the 16v d series engines, the 12 valve engines have completley different manifolds

well my car has 12 valves plus 4 aux valves so its a 16 but is says a 12 will it still fit

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (kodi191 @ Jul 9 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well my car has 12 valves plus 4 aux valves so its a 16 but is says a 12 will it still fit

no, he meant 88+ d series

ash d-series

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yeah sorry it will only fit the 88+ d series
[

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
ebay got flooded by them didnt they

kodi191

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
that sucks i thought someone fianley look at our old crxes i was excited i was gona do a webber 38 blowthrough set up but not now lol

ash d-series

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
They do pop up on ebay now and again but you will struggle to find a brand new one
[

Vicious

hf mani + adapter plate cool.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

kodi191

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
i wish i could make it work but im not spending all that money then modifying them

Vicious

QUOTE (Vicious @ Jul 13 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hf mani + adapter plate cool.gif

huh.gif did you not read my post? junk yard mani maybe $20 and an adapter plate being made and welding maybe $50 so you have a turbo mani for $70

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

kodi191

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
i had thought about that befor but i wanted something that looks good

Vicious

have it coated then

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vicious @ Jul 18 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have it coated then

agreed with everything vicious is saying, if you really want to do it like that (hf style manifold) there really is no excuse not to just use the DX manifold... hell you could probably get one for free, buy a flange for ~$25, and have it welded for another $25

if you do a good job rebuilding a stock carb and setting up a charge box for it, you should be able to use a stock carb just fine... might want to look into porting it a bit though as well as the intake side of your head (if you pull off the head at any point)
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (zakats @ Jul 18 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed with everything vicious is saying, if you really want to do it like that (hf style manifold) there really is no excuse not to just use the DX manifold... hell you could probably get one for free, buy a flange for ~$25, and have it welded for another $25

if you do a good job rebuilding a stock carb and setting up a charge box for it, you should be able to use a stock carb just fine... might want to look into porting it a bit though as well as the intake side of your head (if you pull off the head at any point)

All good except avoid the charge box. It's an old-school method and it's overly complex IMO. The only real advantage it might have is when it comes to seals as they won't see a big pressure difference outside-to-inside the float.

Simply for function the only thing that needs to happen is the fuel bowl vents need to see boost pressure so that the boost in the intake won't push fuel back into the carb. Luckily, AFAIK our carbs (at least the CDMs) vents are located within the filter circle. So after building a round carb hat the fuel bowl will actually pressurize with everything else and you don't need to do any extra plumbing.

I don't think ANY 1G/3G turbo guys have used a charge box and I have not heard of any issues with pushing seals out, so I think it's really not needed to use a charge box.

The only "real" complication wtih running boost on or carbs is playing around with the main power jet to get the right fuel mixture under boost.

If someone knows different on the vents then correct me ofcourse, I haven't really explored the carb stucture yet, these are first glance observations. I simply haven't spotted anything that looks like fuel bowl vents except the ports within the carb filter circle.