• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

spliffmunsta

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86/87 CIVIC GT
hello guys,
i am in possession of a pair of hubs labeled 6c8b or 6chb, are these the hubs i require to complete a b series swap to a 3g? i am not sure as i aqquired these off a man rather than a car and i am meant to be posting them to a guy and obviously i do not want to rip off a fellow enthusiast. can anybody help me??? thanks in advance,
phil

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hubs; or knuckles with hubs?

I can't see any codes on the hubs that are in the knuckles. The crx ones have a 24mm diameter axle, the teg ones have 27mm diameter axles. The teg ones are the 99.8% usual swap; the crx ones would be a quite unusual choice.

The codes I can see on the knuckles vary from 5 to 8 series, so I wouldn't want to assess from your codes. But have a look at the recent 'integra positive camber ' thread, where the measurements of the crx and teg knuckles were given. The major easy one was the steering arm length, teg being longer. Again, the teg one is the knuckle most often used.
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

spliffmunsta

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86/87 CIVIC GT
QUOTE (anjin @ Jun 23 2011, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hubs; or knuckles with hubs?

I can't see any codes on the hubs that are in the knuckles. The crx ones have a 24mm diameter axle, the teg ones have 27mm diameter axles. The teg ones are the 99.8% usual swap; the crx ones would be a quite unusual choice.

The codes I can see on the knuckles vary from 5 to 8 series, so I wouldn't want to assess from your codes. But have a look at the recent 'integra positive camber ' thread, where the measurements of the crx and teg knuckles were given. The major easy one was the steering arm length, teg being longer. Again, the teg one is the knuckle most often used.

hi thanks for the fast response sorry mine was so slow, it is hubs with knuckles and the axle diameter is 27mm.. so i can assume this is the correct setup for a b-swap, i couldnt find the thread you mentioned, any chance of a link? thanks very much
regards
phil

Blue87Crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Crx Si
I hope your gonna post some pics of the swap wink.gif

rsz_971991_671350239558346_1410908049_n_

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Here

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=51439
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"