294 replies to this topic

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
And I picked up a spare head to prep for the car. Hope to have ready for install before next season. Want most of the work done before the season ends so that all there is to do during Dec/Jan is to port match the intake and head and smooth out the intake some.

Also picked up race seats, will see about getting them installed ASAP and some harnesses.

Edit: when I took the seats out of the car I found that one was in a wreck, so no go on a race seat for me. I plan to use for game seat.

Edited by Screech, 18 June 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Recently the opportunity came up to play with my car in a straight line. Closed area but still limited some in distance to play in. I was hoping to get a rough 1/4 number using torque with my 10Hz GPS but I was letting out for safety before that number was posting. So with one run on street tires in 1/8 mile I managed 10.xx seconds and 8x.xxx mph while spinning 1-3. I should have made a screen shot as I forget the actually numbers and didn't even think to attempt remembering the 60ft time. I hope to try with the r-comps next time with more runway to get a 1/4 number.

I know that is a lot of wheel spin as my 67 Lincoln at 2.75 tons ran a 1/8 at 64mph in 11.7secs.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Since I think all my tech should be in my car....

Posted Image

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

JcleanDrx1stM

• apple jack
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si
very cool

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
OK, a little work on the car this week. I decided that I would put the side molding on, so I have it on the right side, but decided I would not install on the left side until the door hinges are replaced and the door aligned right. While the door was off I replaced the window regulator with one from the kakabox and added all of the keyless entry parts and wiring. Only issue I've hit so far is that the bottom front fender bolt snapped off. Still working on getting that retreaded after drilling it out. No pics but I plan to have this part of the work done before I go to the East Coast Honda meet at Richmond on June 30th.

Also, I went to use the tablet at a race and found that the device is flawed in its bluetooth pairing code. I can't connect to my GPS or OBD-2 interface with the tablet, tried using Torque Pro, aLapRecorder HD and SoloStorm (beta v2).

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Problems all this weekend at the race with the car.. First noticed a rattle under the car, sounds like it is something in the exhaust. Then the ignition switch starts to go out. Was able to finish all my runs and still got 1st in SMF. But car was very hard to get running to leave after packing up. Drove to the mall and got some wires to jumper the ignition switch and drove home though. So far for SMF I'm 5-0. Raw time I was 15th though, still need to figure out some things.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Swap ignition switch installed and the one that went bad was opened, cleaned and relubed, so "good as new". Also dropped of my Ultra-MPG 13" wheels off for new tires. Depending on the results of chasing that rattle I may be road trip ready on Friday... ;)

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The B20 is not happy with me after a straight 10-11 hour drive with speeds from 45-80mph (expect in the rain when on these people that drive in snow suddenly crawl at 20mph with flashers on....WTF is that about) with only 30 minute stop for food and a couple for gas. On the way to and from dinner she didn't what to idle for anything. Had to dump the clutch 5-6 times to restart while coming to a stop, Got back into using left foot braking and right foot on gas. More fun as normal.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
So quick update. Camber/caster kit got installed today. I'm thinking the civic's hood is closer to the struts than a CRX's. I have the sleeves that came with the kit and about any other sleeve/washer I could find under the camber/caster kit There is barely any access to the 10mm hold cutouts with the bolt seated and with the medieval pro kit it still just touches the hood. Maybe get a kakabox like mod soon for that. I was able to modify the under hood fuse box mount to work with the camber/caster kit too.

Posted Image

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
Ever figure out what was causing it to run so poorly?
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yeah, the cat was coming apart and starting to clog the output in the catalytic converter. Removed the loose pieces and all is good again... just not code free anymore... damn P0420.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
Ah. You win some, you lose some.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Oh, I win... Not sure anyone will like this but.... my hood got ventilated.

Posted Image

Problem was much like Kakabox had, with this camber/caster kit and the struts about as low as possible in them they still made some contact with the hood skin.

Now I didn't want anyone just walking up and adjusting my struts or rain just running right onto them, so.....

Posted Image

I do plan to find a way to fill the gap on the lower hood area.. just for now this will work and get my through my race next week. On a side note, I may be able to fit the electronic adjust kit for this on the front now...

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I think I found the problem with the cruise control. Looks like the cable popped out of place in the actuator. So I plan to get that back in today. Car has been doing great, some people call my hood caps rice, other like it. I could care less as they were needed IMO to support the upgrade the car got for its racing duties. But this has raised a concern for me. If the OEM hood did not clear the struts the carbon fiber would need to modified also... This is a little bit of a concern to me. I think sometime this week I need to discuss this with Marcus and see if this is something that can be made into the mold to support the medieval pro damper and camber kits better.

Anyway, last race of this season is next weekend. So far every points event race for my region I've run the car this year I've gotten first (more car than driver, more on that later in post). NCAC didn't count for local points, and in that race the car only lost to dwend's 86 CRX (counting only the cars once and cars that ran both days) for 2nd best car in the class (I finished 4th as Dwend's CRX was 2 driver and I let the SRT-4 driver use my car for the second day, and just to prove to me that I have room to improve he beat me by 0.4sec in my car). Owner of the SRT-4 that did run a better time that me on the first day of NCAC before breaking his car is hoping to have the car fixed before the race too. I didn't have my camber/caster kit for that race and he was only 0.3sec ahead of me in his SRT-4, so that should make the class even more interesting if he gets his back on the road. So my logic is that since he beat my by more in my car than he did in his my car is actually faster than his before the camber/caster kit. So, If I can find the time he did and with the upgrades I should be able to hold him off for the 1st, not an easy 1st but an earned one.

For the off season I plan to pull the tranny and replace the syncros (at least 3rds but if I'm already in it might as well do them all, in hind sight I should have done them while putting the LS th gear in.) and really inspect the suspension good. Also if the funds permit I hope to get an adjustable pan hard bar.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Got back to following this thread - good work, and good luck.

I'd suggest replacing the timing belt during the down time as well. They don't like consistent high revs, and the limit is more like 6,000 rather than 60,000 miles between changes. I've broken one towards the end of a second season, and it broke when I was just slowing from 60mph at the end of a freeway - no undue stress at the time. The timing belt has become a normal consumable for me - like fuel, oil, tires, pads and rotors.
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"