←  Swaps

Red Pepper Racing

»

B16 Prep Done :d

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 03 May 2005

Hello every one,

today i sandblasted the intake and all the valves and sensors on the intake inlcuding the throttle body and fuel rail. and i thought i could post some pictures of my Swapping saga over here.

I used an sand blasting air tool i a home made sandblasting cabinet with sand make of crushed sea shelves. and before i began with blasing i de greased it all with oven cleaner..

The intake is from a B16a1 engine wich i going to replace my current ZC1-AS53 engine biggrin.gif.

Greetings Erwin.

bombayscrx's Photo bombayscrx 03 May 2005

nice , good job

thnx biggrin.gif i was a hell of a job. tomorrow ill start on the head and the day after i will blast the engine it self.. ill keep you guys updated

Aren D.'s Photo Aren D. 03 May 2005

that looks really good!

yes it looked better than i hoped i would look biggrin.gif its like brand new biggrin.gif

C8V6C's Photo C8V6C 06 May 2005

Not bad....lost its bling though biggrin.gif

yungdriva's Photo yungdriva 06 May 2005

what exactly is sand blasting?

bombayscrx's Photo bombayscrx 06 May 2005

sand-blasting....blasting something with sand

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 06 May 2005

yes like bombay told you blasting a part clean with sand.

some new pictures of today :

those cylinders look good biggrin.gif

Now im going to put it all into the dish washer wink.gif to get it nicely grease free and clean biggrin.gif

Greetigns Erwin

C8V6C's Photo C8V6C 09 May 2005

mmmm....what is that? headgasket blow?

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 09 May 2005

yes the headgasket was blown and the stuff you see in the bottom of the clylinders is som black burn residu thats always in your engine..

i dont know the english wordt for it only the dutch.

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 09 May 2005

Some proof for the people that say that a B18c6 (ITR ) exhause header sits lower than a B16 exhaust header, as you can see thats total bullshit.. the oil pan sits lower than the B18c6 ITR header. and i measured it on my other B16a2 engine with A2 header.. and both the headers have the same ground clearance !

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 09 May 2005

I believe what most people refer to is the 4-2-1 vs the 4-1. The B18C5 JDM ITR with the 2.5in collector and the 4-1 design does sit lower because you have the 4 pipe coming together under the pan. The 4-2-1 B16A, B16A2, B16B, B18C (5) 4-2-1 all sit about the same distance. I have been told, cant confirm, that some B16 headers will not fit on the B18C (5) because of the difference in deck hight. This would cause some B18C (5) to sit lower on the B16 motor.

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 11 May 2005

yes it had to do with the deck hight of the B18C6 ITR engine and a normal B16A1 CRX engine i took both headers and they are same lenght so no ground clearence problems

BTW i test fitted the B18 header for my girl friend she has an Delsol Vtec and wants the B18 Intake and exhaust header on it because of some good dyno results we have seen with that setup on a B16 engine.

Greetings

toxicshit's Photo toxicshit 16 May 2005

today i got a nice present from a good friend of mine he made me a verry clean valve cover to match with my engine.

What do you guys think of it ?

Groet Erwin ph34r.gif