• You cannot reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
*UPDATED*

well, i have the RPR voice chat server up and running if anyone wishes to check it out.

go here and download the client >fixt LINK<

then install it then type in:

IP: 208.100.14.81:8767

then whatever username you want.

and the password is: honda

all you need is a headset with a mic or just a mic and a set of speakers.

i'll hop in the server for a bit if anyone wants to try it out.

its hosted in chicago on a 100mb pipe so no lag.

i just thought it would be a neat way to chitchat about whatever without hosing the website with postwhoring. and it beats the hell out of irc and pm's.

anyway we could get this stickied?

Edited by JeepGirl, 20 July 2006 - 01:35 PM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
Hey jeepgirl I've been wanting to try this but the link doesn't work..... blush.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
fixt biggrin.gif

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Jul 12 2006, 08:49 AM)

i like what you have done jeepgirl this was an awesome idea..

i dont know if i should point out that the link was a problem in the original post

laugh.gif

BTW how can i send you this server 2003 disk?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
thanks JeepGirl!!!! happy.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jul 12 2006, 09:56 AM)
i like what you have done jeepgirl this was an awesome idea..

i dont know if i should point out that the link was a problem in the original post

laugh.gif

BTW how can i send you this server 2003 disk?

pm'd

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Jul 12 2006, 11:34 AM)

what else do you need when it comes to the server software and hardware wise? smile.gif
user posted image

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ Jul 12 2006, 10:07 AM)
thanks JeepGirl!!!! happy.gif

your very welcome! biggrin.gif

have fun with it. i made screech an admin in the teamspeak server because he's used the software before and i'm usually in my clans teamspeak server busy gaming, and there needed to be an admin handy for managing the server.

i'm talking to my linux server admin right now about installing a teamspeak server on one of our 2 100mbit servers, which are hosted downtown with emergency power and stuff so it wont go down unless the server is being admin'ed for some reason.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
turns out were going to use a server in chicago on a fibre connection instead. i'll let you all know when this happens and i'll give you all the ip addy and login stuff. biggrin.gif

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Cool !!!! Good Job!!! sleep.gif
user posted image

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ Jul 12 2006, 10:38 AM)
what else do you need when it comes to the server software and hardware wise?  smile.gif

not a thing, its out of my pocket, my treat i guess. i cant contribute with cash money because i dont have enough for myself and my family, but i do have access to lots of internet and hardware resources that i can share. it really doesnt cost me much and all the hardware is taken care of. i couldnt take anything in return as it wouldnt go back into the rpr resources (i'd end up getting hdd's and NIC's for my home server for hosting stuff) so yeah, this is fine.

just use it, thats all i ask for. wanna banter back and forth? hop into teamspeak and chat it up all day long, just dont hose the tech forums with crap postwhorish stuff. i've been guilty of doing it to, so i thought this would be a great alternative. it will also make being an rpr member a more personal experience, making us a more tightknit community.

if it doesnt get used or the powers that be take issue to me running an rpr voicechat service they can pm me and i'll shut it down, no harm/no foul. smile.gif

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Jul 12 2006, 11:49 AM)
if it doesnt get used or the powers that be take issue to me running an rpr voicechat service they can pm me and i'll shut it down, no harm/no foul. smile.gif
Are you saying that the owners of teamspeak would take issue with you running a non'gamining chat room?
because that would stink.
Personally, I really like it. It helps, its like one step closer to meeting people online. cool.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
no i meant the powers that run RPR, not the ones that run teamspeak. i could care less what the people that run teamspeak think.

there are 10's of thousands of people in germany/russia that use teamspeak as a partyline to talk to their friends/relatives. if you look at how many teamspeak servers there are then look at how many are german/russian, you'll see what i mean.

i guess phone service is either very spendy or they have very poor telephone coverage. they use mostly cell phones or their net connections to talk.

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jul 12 2006, 11:53 AM)
Are you saying that the owners of teamspeak would take issue with you running a non'gamining chat room?
because that would stink.
Personally, I really like it.  It helps, its like one step closer to meeting people online. cool.gif

Is this why you keep pm'ing me to go on it?!??!?! you fantisizing bout meeting my manhood ohmy.gif
user posted image

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ Jul 12 2006, 10:58 AM)
Is this why you keep pm'ing me to go on it?!??!?! you fantisizing bout meeting my manhood  ohmy.gif

nah, he just wants to probe your ports.... dry.gif laugh.gif