• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

ZCRX87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si 93 Bonneville SSEI "almost as fast as crx"
    • Image Gallery
i have a 91 zc in my 87 crx si. i just rebuilt and installed it and it is running really rich. i converted it to use the vacume advance that works with 87 integra ecu. i don't have a pulley for it so it is running on the battery. the spark plugs are all black and it smokes a lot of black smoke. the car has 155 lbs. of compression in all 4 pistons. any ideas how lean it out?

Edited by ZCRX87, 12 March 2004 - 10:58 AM.

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
as you know black smoke mean too mutch feul search and test electronic componets

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i'm sure this probably isn't a factor but check timing, valves, injectors (if they are the correct ones for the ecu). Its just a guess. The injectors can be stuck also thus dumping to much fuel.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
What wiring harness and ECU are you using?
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

ImprtRcr02

• You Dare Mess With A Saiyajin??
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 04' Srt-4, working on the crx beast
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You have a 91 ZC in your 87 rex? How much fab work and time did it take to get that in there?

ImprtRcr02

ZCRX87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
the easiest way for me to get the 91 engine in my car was to use the block and tranny from a 87 usa integra and put the insides from the zc in it and use the 91 head and intake. i used 1/4" steel to relocate the bolt holes for the distributer and it turned out prettygood. i am using the ecu out of an 87 acura integra. and the stock wire harness from the 87 integra and the integra vac box.

Edited by ZCRX87, 12 March 2004 - 04:01 PM.

ZCRX87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
what electronics would cause it to run rich. how do you tell if it has the correct injectors. the head was rebult and ported/polished, 5 way valve job , acid dipped, and shaved with new valves so i think it shouldn't have any valves sticking.

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
Why would you want a 91 zc in a 1g rex????? the brown top(86-87) zc has more power. That seems like a whole lot of work and trouble for what your gonna get out of it. If you just bought a brown top zc you would have better performance and basically a drop in installation. But whatever floats your boat i guess.

SportInjectedClub

CRXdan

The blacktop has 135 and the browntop has 130. ( i think)
maybe he did it because he found a blacktop for cheap.

Edited by CRXdan, 12 March 2004 - 05:35 PM.

90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
QUOTE (CRXdan @ Mar 12 2004, 05:34 PM)
The blacktop has 135 and the browntop has 130. ( i think)
maybe he did it because he found a blacktop for  cheap.

switch that dan brown has 135 and less torque and black has 130 but more torque

ZCRX87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
i ordered the zc and had all the head work done before i ever saw it. they ordered the wrong engine and sinse they did the work before i ever found out about it they wouldn't fix the problem or refund my money so i was stuck with what i had. i would have kept tabs on it if it was being built in town, but the shop was located 2.5 hours from me. i wasn't very happy about my situation but there was nothing that i could do. it was probably better this way because now i know how to rebuild an engine and this one has new bearings, gaskets, rings, and other things.

Edited by ZCRX87, 12 March 2004 - 05:51 PM.

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
i ordered the zc and had all the head work done before i ever saw it. they ordered the wrong engine and sinse they did the work before i ever found out about it they wouldn't fix the problem or refund my money so i was stuck with what i had. i would have kept tabs on it if it was being built in town, but the shop was located 2.5 hours from me. i wasn't very happy about my situation but there was nothing that i could do. it was probably better this way because now i know how to rebuild an engine and this one has new bearings, gaskets, rings, and other things.

That sucks ass. I hope everything works out for you.

SportInjectedClub

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile
Are all four spark plugs evenly black or is it just one or two? Are you using the injectors that came with the 91 head or the ones from the 87 teg? No matter how you slice it, it's probably got to be either a map sensor problem, a fuel pressure problem, or a wrong injector problem. Any other possibilities guys? Is your fuel pressure regulator connected properly and working correctly? Check the vacuum line(s) running to the fpr and make sure that 1) it has the right vacuum at idle and part/wide open throttle, and 2) make damn sure that your fuel pressure is correct. That sounds like the most likely culprit to me. Let us know when you figure it out.
Posted Image

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Check the number on the injector (if u can read it) and match it to the engine that it came from. If they are the same, then your okay.

balladeSports

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Could be way off. but how is your map sensor? everything in order? are your hoses in the correct places?