86 Dx On A Budget=)

• You cannot reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic

phenams

okay so here is wat i got for 3bills. back on may 15 2012. 1986 honda civic crx dx according to the vin.

Posted Image
as u can see no wheels. i to get some wheels so i stole my friends spare tires and my sister tires too. :D n had my friend tow it back to my house on his trailer.

Posted Image
n this i the blown head gasket that i got with n all these damn lines...headache with these lines...

Posted Image
she has skinnies in the front n fat slicks in the front(cuz there wide tires compare to the spares n they have no tread on them). i called her my track car even though she still didnt run :(.
but i started getting parts for here already like all the mudflaps from danny(NW Classic Honda) n the corners too. but not the ones here they are broken, he got me some good looking set.

Posted Image
found some steelies with the honda center caps! on CraigLists. went to the junkyard n found a set of wheel covers. n yeah look them up n they were made for this year too. got a nose panel too but the tabs are kinda broken n the panel is so brittle.
Posted Image
heres the nose panel and all the wheel covers on her already. still hadnt put the corners on yet...n i got a driver head lights as mine was cracked all the way across.

Posted Image
http://youtu.be/bKuBuMxCEo0
here she is running shity as hell but running...did a head job and change a lot of the seals, might as well dont want to keep taking it apart everytime a seal is broken.

...n a second head job cuz i bent 8 valves.

n heres the engine bay after the devac...
Posted Image
better looken ryt???

i keep posting pics as i go along...keeping it as much stock as possible but if i have the money an ungrade alternative il make sure ill put it in . hahaha.

like today i went to the junk yard cuz it was half off...so u know for sure i was there...i got the 1 piece of my lip that i was missing, i got a dome light with pig tail, n the plastic piece so i can open my driver door. this thing idk wat its called.
Posted Image

my interior is shot but that ill get to later on. ;) for the moment the exterior is wat im working on.

n i want some foglights on her too. but ive seen on some the they sit in the center gap between the bumpers and other put them underneath the bumper lights do any off u know where the go factory n also do any off u got a pic of some original fogs ?? i want to see them. thanks! '
also much love to RPR as i found out so much useful info here the the members here know or might had the same problem n they let u know how to fix anything, so we can still appriciate this beautiful cars.

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
looks like fun :)
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

phenams

Yes Fun indeed. But sometimes i want to take a bat to it so bad. :)

phenams

havent heard from anyone back on my question... :mellow:

but i found these squared out fogs. they are stanley glass. with brackets i dont think they are crx's ones but i want to put them under the bumper lights like the cb7's.

Posted Image

here they are.

but i dont know if these cars came with fog light switch ??? but its either find a swtich or just wire them straight to headlights.??? i see this weekend what i do cuz i want to put them on before the dec 2 meet here in griffith park.

Posted Image

this is wat i want mine to look like i have the same colors, the only thing i wud add is the fogs the i found.

Posted Image

see like this one but the ones he has look to me like some clear bumper lights ??? to me. idk if these are the ones i am suppose to get ???

wo ever ones this car knows was up!!! the one thing that is not to my taste is those wheels. they dont spark my interest. but that is just me.

side not this is my wallpaper on my computer cuz it a nice car.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
That's ballade. Those are rare OEM fogs, you can try to talk to some guys in Europe, they are a little more common there I think. Oh and those wheels are legit cf 48's and suit the car because they came as a pretty rare factory option.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
what size are your wheels? if you really don't want them, i may be interested in them if they'll fit over my brakes... :)
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Not sure if I can help
But the fog lights are from Canadian Tire.
I had to cut the bumper cover to slide them in.
i no longer have them. But they were a very nice custom addition. (clean)
true the wheels are on the ugly side but they belong on the car.
that photo has them with the aero disks. Their 13x5.5. Mugen CF-48's
here are the wheels without the disks and new OEM factory aero front lip
Posted Image

phenams

That's ballade. Those are rare OEM fogs, you can try to talk to some guys in Europe, they are a little more common there I think. Oh and those wheels are legit cf 48's and suit the car because they came as a pretty rare factory option.

well yeah im trying to find some OEM fogs for mine too. I miss my chance cuz a while ago i saw a pair of stanleys fogs,switch,n wire harness for 25$. B) but the ones that i found i guess come a lil close to the OEM ones..so for now im using these till i can get my hands on a pair.
as to the wheels, yeah if u r building a car n u want the rarest then yes i would use those wheels. n a while ago there were two complete sets just laying on the ground in the junk yard. but me i want some other wheels. i want to get these 10 spoke wheels for mine.
Posted Image
those i think are sick, il take the 16 spoke too. :D

what size are your wheels? if you really don't want them, i may be interested in them if they'll fit over my brakes... :)

idk if u r talking about mine...i think ur talking about the cf?? i dont have them just a picture. but on the FS forum someone was selling them.

Not sure if I can help
But the fog lights are from Canadian Tire.
I had to cut the bumper cover to slide them in.
i no longer have them. But they were a very nice custom addition. (clean)
true the wheels are on the ugly side but they belong on the car.
that photo has them with the aero disks. Their 13x5.5. Mugen CF-48's
here are the wheels without the disks and new OEM factory aero front lip
Posted Image

DANG!!!!! this is my new wallpaper.
nice aero lip, are those the OEM fogs??? n do fogs differ from models in countries.??
n on ur fogs did u make it so u fit them through the back of the bumper or the front? cuz i want a snug fit to look flush.
i want my headlights to be like urs! n i need a sunroof visor. also idk if u seen them but some have the skirts ?? i want to get those for mine but idk wat models came with them or wat they are really called. as to them being stock or part the a kit??

also today i did my first installation of some sidemarkers...did not know how to do it but look it up on youtube n they came out sick ! 2 hours. but next time should be faster when i do mine. first have to find the stanley ones for mine.

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
sorry, i can't see pictures on the work computer... i thought you had cf's and didn't like/want them... hahaha
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

phenams

sorry, i can't see pictures on the work computer... i thought you had cf's and didn't like/want them... hahaha

no sorry if i new ppl liked those wheels i would of pick them up wen i saw them a while ago.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
The second photo he posted DOES have OEM fog lights in it. The first photo does NOT. I have the same fogs as the one in the first photo mounted on my 86Si. The OEM foglights are just big rectangle units and mount on brackets just in front of the grille. The ones he has in the photo only mount there because of the aero kit he also has installed. The factory foglight switch is mounted indifferent places depending on your trim model/country of origin. Some had is mounted in place of the rear diffrost switch bellow the ash tray. Some have it where the Si cars mount the sunroof switch, and in countrys where there was a mechanical choke you can get a panel to the left of the steering wheel that has 3 holes in it that will accept the switch. Seeing as you have a DX with no power sunroof, you could just put it in an Si panel where the sunroof switch would be.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Posted Image

Here you can see how I have them mounted on the 86-87 Si bumper cover, different than yours by a bit. I'll try to grab you a pic of my foglight switch later.

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Looking good cam. btw hate your rims ...

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
LOL

phenams

The second photo he posted DOES have OEM fog lights in it. The first photo does NOT. I have the same fogs as the one in the first photo mounted on my 86Si. The OEM foglights are just big rectangle units and mount on brackets just in front of the grille. The ones he has in the photo only mount there because of the aero kit he also has installed. The factory foglight switch is mounted indifferent places depending on your trim model/country of origin. Some had is mounted in place of the rear diffrost switch bellow the ash tray. Some have it where the Si cars mount the sunroof switch, and in countrys where there was a mechanical choke you can get a panel to the left of the steering wheel that has 3 holes in it that will accept the switch. Seeing as you have a DX with no power sunroof, you could just put it in an Si panel where the sunroof switch would be.

cool. yeah i seen them put infront of the grille but i like them under the bumper lights. n i have a power sunroof i just dont have it pluged in yet cuz i need to redo the headliner. but i was thinking of putting it here
Posted Image
would this be a possibility??? so yes i have most of the parts in my garage but aint really worry about the inside since i use it for work(delivering newspaper) but i work on that later.
n yes if u can take a pic of your fog light switch that be great so i know wat to look for. thanks.

as to ballade do u know the width and height of the OEM fogs???

and where can i get the license plate holder that you guys have??? ILoveOldsKooL

random Question. wat years are the Ballade model made??

n yeah Old School Rex ur cars is sick. :)

Edited by phenams, 27 November 2012 - 12:15 AM.