87' Crx Carb Swap 90' Si

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

kenelmmoore

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87' crx, 90' integra, 89 supra, 02 spec v
just recently purchased 87' crx carb. in the process of doing swap w/ 90' si. i have motor, tranny, computer & wiring harness; what else do i need??? does anyone know of any aftermarket motor mounts already made for this swap? any info greatly appreciated! thanks!

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '82 Toyota Cressida: Fond Memories, '85 Civic 1300 w/ '88 Integra Mechanicals
You'll need custom mounts. Since you have the wiring harness, you can make an efi harness to run the engine if you study the wiring diagrams enough. I don't think that there are any manufacturers that make mounts for the swap, so you'll have to make your own. I could be wrong though. Or you could find an 88-91 dx to put that engine into.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
How much of the wiring harness do you have? I used the complete harness, front to back. You will need an 85-87 Civic/CRX SI fuel system (everything) to do it right. Some people say you can use the stock carbed fuel lines, but I figure Honda made the SI lines larger for a reason, so I used them. As for mounts, you'll need to make your own, since there is no 'mount kit' for the later D series engines.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

kenelmmoore

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87' crx, 90' integra, 89 supra, 02 spec v
starting back from scratch--crank bad in motor & terrible tranny! is there anything to do to carb motor for power! desperately need advice! thanks ohmy.gif