Any Shops In The Gta That Can Do A Zc Swap?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

Donny

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Hi guys,
I've got a '87crx si and the valve stem seals are probably getting bad now. It burns a bit of oil at high rpms. I am in Mississauga. My plan was to just do the basic mods (Rebuild head, Web cam, header, exhaust, integra ecu and maybe a larger throttle body). Would a zc swap be cheaper than doing all of these mods? Also, does anyone know a reasonably priced shop or people that can get me a zc and the parts needed and get them installed? Any advice will be appreciated as my budget is quite limited. Thanks in advance.
Donny

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Limited budget means you should do much of the work yourself. Find a few buddies that enjoy cars as much as you and are halfway competent with a jack, jackstands, and socket wrench and you just need to rent an engine hoist. Also, I've heard many complaints about people using TEg ecu's, (not to say people haven't, but) if you do you may experience problems, rough running, etc. Might have to do with the Integra having fewer solenoids. If it's just the valve stem seals, you can pop the cylinder head off, get it redone and put it back on. With the ZC, since they're starting to get older and older, you might be best off doing a bit of rebuilding on it. Best thing you can do is look on eBay and try to find a helms manual for the CRX. I did, and it's helped me understand just about everything that has a function in my car.

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
you can get a zc in toronto for under 800 bucks... there are a couple of japanease parts supliers in the gto, with warehouses full of engines. you can easly pick up an engine... but that isn't everything you are going to need... you need integra hubs and axles. a rear tranny mount off an integra and a tranny pass side mount aswell.... that and an ecu... after you got that your set... my brother and i both have crxs and zc swaps... two years ago we new nothing about our cars just to add oil. We were looking for a shop to do it in mississauga and toronto but we were qouted alot of money... we dicided to takle it ourselves, and now know our cars inside and out... i highly recomend this swap... lots of power...
chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

Donny

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanks for the input guys. I am going to keep driving the car for a couple of months more. Hopefully by then, I would have figured out if I should do a swap or rebuild the head or sell the crx. Thanks again guys.
Donny

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
Total Performance Source in NewMarket (Canada NOPI distributer) quoted me $2000
for a ZC swap into my 87Si. Also they said it would take a few weeks to do.
I also bought some stuff from them, paid them money but never got the stuff.
After 6 months of them telling me the parts were on back order,
I finally got my money back.

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300