←  Texas

Red Pepper Racing

»

Welder Near Dfw

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 15 Nov 2010

I need to get my b-pillar harness bar installed and I'm looking for a professional welder to do it. Nothing major but most shops don't want to do it due to liability issues. Wondering if anyone in the area knows someone capable of the job.

mallardtape's Photo mallardtape 15 Nov 2010

QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 15 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to get my b-pillar harness bar installed and I'm looking for a professional welder to do it. Nothing major but most shops don't want to do it due to liability issues. Wondering if anyone in the area knows someone capable of the job.

The b-pillar bar on my crx was welded in by Doug at Advanced Exaust in Duncanville. Actually the whole thing was welded by him. I don't know if he'd be up for it because he usually doesn't do that kind of work but it wouldn't hurt to give him a call. He is a dang good pipe welder. He welds exaust all day long! I could post some pics later of the roll bar he did in mine if yyou want. Let me know and ill message you his number

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 15 Nov 2010

I found a guy on CL who does echo cages for jeeps, he's coming out wednesday and i'll see where I stand after he comes out, I'll be interested in the other guy after that, just to compare the two for price and what not. I could also use someone who knows what they're doing with exhaust for the crx's semi custom set up that is coming in the near future

mallardtape's Photo mallardtape 16 Nov 2010

K
QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 15 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found a guy on CL who does echo cages for jeeps, he's coming out wednesday and i'll see where I stand after he comes out, I'll be interested in the other guy after that, just to compare the two for price and what not. I could also use someone who knows what they're doing with exhaust for the crx's semi custom set up that is coming in the near future

He did the 2 1/4 full exaust with resonance chamber and obd2 CAT.

Crx-Kid's Photo Crx-Kid 16 Nov 2010

if you want someone that can weld go to santo's shop in irving off of loop 12 and irving blvd.
been there over 20+ years and is known for welding for legit prices

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 16 Nov 2010

QUOTE (Crx-Kid @ Nov 16 2010, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you want someone that can weld go to santo's shop in irving off of loop 12 and irving blvd.
been there over 20+ years and is known for welding for legit prices

thanks, i'll look into that. biggrin.gif

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 17 Nov 2010

found a guy who charges $25 an hour, quoted me for $35 to weld the B-pillar bar. All i need is a place to have him set up welder and air supply and it'll be done.

mallardtape's Photo mallardtape 18 Nov 2010

QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 17 2010, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
found a guy who charges $25 an hour, quoted me for $35 to weld the B-pillar bar. All i need is a place to have him set up welder and air supply and it'll be done.

Show us pics when its done

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 18 Nov 2010

will do

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 20 Nov 2010

Welding should be finished by now, I had to leave for work because of some un-expected issues with the b/pillar angles it took longer than the hour he quoted me. Great guy, very willing to make sure he does it how you want, only regret is that I didn't think out how I really wanted it to be done beforehand, but I think the end product will be satisfactory and functional.

Won't get to see it tonight unless gant or scott takes some pics and uploads them before i get off.

mallardtape's Photo mallardtape 24 Nov 2010

QUOTE (VaporParanoia @ Nov 20 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welding should be finished by now, I had to leave for work because of some un-expected issues with the b/pillar angles it took longer than the hour he quoted me. Great guy, very willing to make sure he does it how you want, only regret is that I didn't think out how I really wanted it to be done beforehand, but I think the end product will be satisfactory and functional.

Won't get to see it tonight unless gant or scott takes some pics and uploads them before i get off.

how'd it turn out?

here is a crappy pic of mine

VaporParanoia's Photo VaporParanoia 24 Nov 2010

turned out okay, not exactly what I wanted but i'm hapyp with it. All I need to do now is figure out now is how to properly mount the harness. Can I sling it over the bar and bolt it to the floor or do I need to wrap it around the bar and bolt it to the bar, or then bolt it to the floor? Haven't had much luck with searches so any proper advice would be helpful.

radar51's Photo radar51 24 Nov 2010

It goes tossed over the bar, then bolted to the floor.

mallardtape's Photo mallardtape 25 Nov 2010

Ill post pics with my harness setup when I can.