Oh No....

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Long story short, as I've been up for over 24 hours and have just got home:

Decided to take the Si out for a burn as the last drive of the season, was heading to Cache Creek and was about 30km out of Ashcroft when I started hearing noise coming from the drivetrain.... after 30km the noise was so loud I could barely stand to hear it, looks like I've lost a bearing in the bottom end, sounds like piston slap in #2 or #3.

The Si is now sitting at a gas station just inside Ashcroft, I had a friend come get me and I am now at home in Vancouver.

Question for anyone in the area:

Does anyone have a flat-deck/trailer/means to get my car back home? I'm facing an $800+ tow bill for the car, so I'd rather find a cheaper means to the end. No, I'm not leaving the car, yes I will pay whatever it takes. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
come on you BC guys!!! get it together! a Pepper needs your help!!!!!!

i would totally offer to help mark but i'm to far away. that and we dont have our flatbed here yet.

btw: uhm, thats not a drive you were taking, sounds more like a vacation!! you made it all the way to cache creek from van and you call that going for a drive?!?!?!? gotta love those fast curvy mountain roads hey? i swear the highways out there are like crack, cant never get enough. tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
evidentlly you have a friend with a vehicle. go to an auto store and grab a tow rope. it will be your best investment. ive transported probably close to 30 cars this way. if i lived near ya id head over with my tow rope, but canadia is kinda far for me

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
jeff, its a 4 hour drive to get his car home at highway speeds.... it'll 12 hours or more trying to tow it that far.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ok, dunno what speed yall guys tow at but we do at 60 mph usually. the way i see it, is you can spend your time or your money. ive pulled cars through rush hour traffic where it took me 2 hours to get home and the windows were electric and diddnt roll down and it was in the middle of the summer and i sweated my balls off(got a pic wanna see??? jk)

i was just giving a $20 alternative to a $800+ problem. if it were me, id get started asap. sooner ya start sooner ya finish.

ok, know anyone with a tow bar? id let ya use mine and all but the whole your in canadia thing. tow bars are the ISH!!!!!

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
better idea!!! Lightbulb just lit up!!!

Step 1: get someone with a car and a tow hitch.
Step 2: go to uhaul and rent a car dollie!!!!!
Step 3: ?
Step 4: Profit!!!!

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Sep 25 2006, 10:03 AM)
better idea!!!  Lightbulb just lit up!!!
Step 1: get someone with a car and a tow hitch.
Step 2: go to uhaul and rent a car dollie!!!!!
Step 3: ?

laugh.gif
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Xanok

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Yea, I used to work at uhaul. Rent a Auto transport at your local location for 49.95$ make shure you have a truck with a class 3 hitch (cappable of towing 5k lbs.(yes I know its a CRX, but they dont care about that)).

When they ask for what vehicle you are going to tow, dont tell them its a CRX, because its probally to low to the ground by their standards and wont let you tow it. Go with something like a 89 Accord or some family sedan.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
see!!!

laugh.gif ph34r.gif

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Xanok @ Sep 25 2006, 12:52 PM)
When they ask for what vehicle you are going to tow, dont tell them its a CRX, because its probally to low to the ground by their standards and wont let you tow it. Go with something like a 89 Accord or some family sedan.

You tell them its the civic sedan and they remind you to be careful of the ground effects that are on that car.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
and make sure you tell them you're using something with power. If you tell them you're using 2006 f150 for pulling they'll say no. They're wierd about what they do or don't allow to pull a tow dolly.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

Xanok

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (kamikaze_fish @ Sep 25 2006, 03:17 PM)
and make sure you tell them you're using something with power.  If you tell them you're using 2006 f150 for pulling they'll say no.  They're wierd about what they do or don't allow to pull a tow dolly.

It depends on what you are towing, the 06 F-150 is more than cappable of towing a honda accord. As long as the vehicle weighs 800lbs more than the car thats going to be towed its fine.

But you do have to be honest about the vehilce you are going to tow it with since they will inspect it at the time of pick up

Call 1800-Go-Uhaul or go to the website they can tell you what is compatible or not, as well as make a reservation for you.

604_Crx

• My car is older than i am...
  • PipPip
I have a car trailer and a truck, the chance that i can do it is small, but ill check with my Dad anyways.

Edit: spelling, Coke + me = shakey
Edit #2: I asked and its a no go, sorry man good luck.

Edited by 604_Crx, 25 September 2006 - 10:00 PM.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I rent out Uhaul car dolly's at work... they;re like 30$ ish a day MAKE IT HAPPEN!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.