• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

malichite

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Too man hondas
So, I picked up my new FREE CRX today. smile.gif

This guy just wanted it off his property so he gave it to me to tow away. He said it would need a new engine but other then that it is decent shape. Well, here is what I found when I got there.

Overall the car is not in bad shape. It has been sitting for over a year so the inside needs some serious cleaning. But as I got closer I noticed something a little odd, can you spot it?

malichite

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Maybe this will help to those without the keen eye!!!

Scroll more!!

Apparently the guys brother who originally owned and abandon the car boosted it smile.gif Works out great for me. Let take a look under the hood shall we? Did I mention this was FREE!!!

Is that a 16V head I see. Also if you look closer you will see the 7 pin SI distributor plug for the electronic advance. Looks like someone did all of the hardwork for me. This just keeps getting better and better.

Looks like it is a Saab .42 .48 turbo. Also has this minty saab FMIC biggrin.gif

Not sure what size injectors on on here. Will have to figure that one out later.

So then I decided to see what other shinny stuff was in the car. Low and behold when I open the glove box!!!

Blow of valve and a AEM Fuel Pressure regulator

Also not pictured was the OBD0 PR4 chipped ECU under the seat. Looks like I just need to get a new bottom end under this thing and I have a new FREE toy smile.gif More pics to come later. Have to finish the DelSol first.

Edited by malichite, 19 July 2008 - 08:33 PM.

malichite

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
All I have to say is

Buzzstrike

• Hurt and wounded....
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Civic S(wrecked), 2003 Pilot.
You offically now SUCK in my book.

You lucky bastard.

good luck with it.

She may not look like much. But she does have a special place in my heart, and wallet.

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
A free microwave???

dry.gif oh wait i see what you did there

Nice find smile.gif

Cant wait to see it done laugh.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX Si
is it a full swap? Is it a D16a6? or is it only the head?

wow you found a treasure.. i now also dislike you. dry.gif

lol, we're all just jealous.
Someday my car will look as clean and sexy as this:

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

-1985 CRX DX, sold to Justin

-1985 CRX Si, sold to Indyman.

-1991 CRX Si, totaled in the mountains, RIP

NeverEndingNinja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have a bad taste in my mouth too...it tastes green, like envy.

malichite

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It isn't a full swap. It is just the 16 valve head on the stock block. I will either do the full swap or put a d16a1 in it. I had a perfect a1 sitting at a "friends" house that he sent to the scraper *argh* Have to see what I can come across.

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
QUOTE (malichite @ Jul 19 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isn't a full swap. It is just the 16 valve head on the stock block. I will either do the full swap or put a d16a1 in it. I had a perfect a1 sitting at a "friends" house that he sent to the scraper *argh* Have to see what I can come across.

HOW?!?!?!?!? the 16valve head works? what is needed to make it fit? details? The possibilities.... ohmy.gif

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (anassa @ Jul 19 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOW?!?!?!?!? the 16valve head works? what is needed to make it fit? details? The possibilities.... ohmy.gif

It's been discussed before, I think the verdict was that one head bolt didn't line up properly and needed to be relocated either in the head or the block. The general verdict was that it is possible, but for basically, for the machining expense one could buy Hasport mounts and install a 1.8L DOHC VTEC or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that last part, but I know for a fact this was discussed... it was just a long time ago, probably over a year.

(PS: I wish I found that toy >_< )

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Jul 20 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been discussed before, I think the verdict was that one head bolt didn't line up properly and needed to be relocated either in the head or the block. The general verdict was that it is possible, but for basically, for the machining expense one could buy Hasport mounts and install a 1.8L DOHC VTEC or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that last part, but I know for a fact this was discussed... it was just a long time ago, probably over a year.

(PS: I wish I found that toy >_< )

It's sticky'ed under SWAPS Here is a link to the full project thread

D16z6 project
"Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers"

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
QUOTE (rwdcrx @ Jul 20 2008, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's sticky'ed under SWAPS Here is a link to the full project thread

D16z6 project

Well ya i had seen the full D series swap threads, but not on just how to swap the head.

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
you BASTARD
arghhhh
who gets a free turbo crx? who?

at least you didnt get matching wheels too. then i would have had to keel you.
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

malichite

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Did some looking today. I have some pics I'll post later, but looks like it is indeed an EW4 block with a d16a6 head. all the headbolts are regular except the two on the left looking at it from the front of the car and the one in the back right. Those are studs, not ARP but I studs non the less. By the way this car looks I would guess they are all thread blink.gif. Anyways, he augered out hte head for the back left bolt errr stud to make room for the nut. Looks like that is all he had to do. I will get pics posted as soon as I can and more detailed pics once the engine is out.

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
QUOTE (malichite @ Jul 20 2008, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did some looking today. I have some pics I'll post later, but looks like it is indeed an EW4 block with a d16a6 head. all the headbolts are regular except the two on the left looking at it from the front of the car and the one in the back right. Those are studs, not ARP but I studs non the less. By the way this car looks I would guess they are all thread blink.gif. Anyways, he augered out hte head for the back left bolt errr stud to make room for the nut. Looks like that is all he had to do. I will get pics posted as soon as I can and more detailed pics once the engine is out.

Ya pics would be very nice, it would be very cool to find if the a6 will fit on the EW4 block without major fab work. This would give a lot more possibilities. But I'm still jealous of your find.. mad.gif

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL