107 replies to this topic

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I saw this guy at the Turlock swap meet in a suzuki swift , he said he went from ~32 MPG to about 50 MPG.. Just slapping this up in case you RPR Mad Scientists want to give it a go.

http://hydrogengarage.com/

CarolinaCRX

• But Honey, these little cars keep following me home!!
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX/HF 5spd-Restoration almost finished, 1986 CRX DX 5spd, and other vehicles/toys
QUOTE (RARECRX @ May 13 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw this guy at the Turlock swap meet in a suzuki swift , he said he went from ~32 MPG to about 50 MPG.. Just slapping this up in case you RPR Mad Scientists want to give it a go.

Thanks, interests me so I will look into it as a possibility. 45 MPG is not enough with gas at $4 a gallon.
Every day of life is a gift...........live it that way.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I have actually heard of this, but I do not know if just a bolt on unit would do or produce enough hyrdogen to burn effectively. If anyone has any input on this I'll be a gueanie pig for it on my Sentra. I drive about 75+ miles per day, take regular mpg calculations, coast down hills and to stops in neutral, etc.... I am in training this week, but will be trying this method out next week;
http://www.pureenerg...900069_Acetone/

I will probably have my Sentra for another 1-2 months so I am using this as a test vehicle for various methods. I currently get 30-31 mpg on regular 87 with about 200-300 lbs of parts, tools and manuals in the trunk. 28-30 with A/C on. 1.6L auto. Just gave car a tune up last month also, new NGK V-power plugs, cap, oil, trans fluid, clean & re-oil the K&N filter, cleaned the MAF sensor, cleaned the intake plenum, ran lucas injector cleaner thru. I'll also test the K&N filter vs. paper filter. I have seen report claiming they are less efficient for mpg, nothing regarding the power though.

http://peswiki.com/e...ogen_from_Water
http://peswiki.com/i...Water_Fuel_Cell

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

CarolinaCRX

• PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX/HF 5spd-Restoration almost finished, 1986 CRX DX 5spd, and other vehicles/toys
Acetone works for me...........I have been running it in the Explorer and Ranger (both are fuel-injected) for about a year now at a rate of 2oz to 10gallons. It added approx 2 mpg for both and I haven't had any problems. I have been hesitating to use it in the CRX since it is carbed and has old fuel lines. I will have to read up some more on this Brown's gas set-up. Looks to me like it would be a perfect match for our older cars with carbs. biggrin.gif

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Honda has a hydrogen Civic now and is developing a home power station that turns natural gas into hydrogen. Check out honda's site.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

CarolinaCRX

• PipPip
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ May 14 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honda has a hydrogen Civic now and is developing a home power station that turns natural gas into hydrogen. Check out honda's site.

This is a good thing but I am wondering why they are using natural gas instead of water? huh.gif

CarolinaCRX

• PipPip
QUOTE (RARECRX @ May 13 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did he say how many liters per an hour of gas his Hydroxy generator was producing to get this MPG change? A 50% increase in MPG would give me 67.5 MPG!!! ohmy.gif This is at 75-80 MPH on the interstate with DX drivetrain....I love my CRX! biggrin.gif An HF rated at 60 MPG may get 90 MPG with this technology!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm not sure I did not stand around as much as my dad and brother did. I went to look at a pro street sublime green 74 duster with a blown 440. I know he had 2 containers running that 1.3 liter though..

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage
I saw that on Myth Busters about 6 moths ago. It failed miserably.

Like I always say "Want good fuel mileage? Get a CRX HF!" Now that I think about it, that's probably why I can't find one right now.
Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

~zeus~

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 Honda Civic si "BetSi" RIP, 2001 Mazda MPV, 2007 Kia Spectra
Either go electric or go home.

Producing hydrogen commercially burns as much fossil fuel as burning gasoline in your car.
There's not enough corn in the world to produce ethanol economically.

Replace the internal combustion engine (ICE) and gas tank in your car with an electric motor and batteries and they'll outlast your car.
QUOTE (Optimus Prime @ Transformers Season 2 Ep. 1)
"Megatron is behind this. I'd bet my titanium torsion bars on it."

CarolinaCRX

• PipPip
QUOTE (RARECRX @ May 15 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure I did not stand around as much as my dad and brother did. I went to look at a pro street sublime green 74 duster with a blown 440. I know he had 2 containers running that 1.3 liter though..

Thanks, I was thinking it would take a couple high-output units to generate enough gas to make any difference.

CarolinaCRX

• PipPip
QUOTE (gustav129 @ May 15 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I always say "Want good fuel mileage? Get a CRX HF!" Now that I think about it, that's probably why I can't find one right now.

I wish I had seen that episode. Do you remember the particulars of the vehicle they tried it on, ie.....FI or carb?

CarolinaCRX

• PipPip
QUOTE (gustav129 @ May 15 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Found it! But the following two posts to their (?) forum have me wondering about their accuracy.

PLEASE REDO THIS MYTH ! Episode 53 Great Gas Conspiracy ...
Apr 1 2008, 9:16 AM EDT

I really love this show!
But, I was very disappointed with the Great Gas Conspiracy myth.
Was the "MAN" standing over in the corner while filming this episode?
I never saw the hydrogen electrolysis system even get turned on. No wonder it didn't work.
The dang thing never started the electrolysis process. If it had been connected or working right then
you would have clearly seen the electrolyzer working. I built one myselft and let me tell you there is something to it for sure. 12v 15-20amps and the thing is really putting out the gas.
PLEASE Redo the Great Gas Conspiracy
Thanks
Post reply 11 out of 11 found this valuable. Do you find this valuable? Do you?

StandardMonster RE: PLEASE REDO THIS MYTH ! Episode 53 Great Gas Conspiracy ...
Apr 20 2008, 2:06 AM EDT

I agree with you, I have built one for my car, and you have to use a rectifier or small battery, a pot , and a diode to add voltage to the O2 sensor to make the engine lean out, I just installed new plugs and leaned the car with the system running til i had the proper tan color on the plug. This will insure you do not overdo it. If you have a system that produces more browns gas you may have to retard the timing a bit also to prevent detonation. There was a moderator that wrote up a long column about it using alot of textbook statements about the inefficiency with19th century technology LOL. Silicone was not even used as caulk when that was stated and this is only using power that is generated by your alternator anyway. Even tesla had a model of a low amperage hydrogen producing cell using frequency to weaken the H2O bonds without even using electrolyte. This was how the stan meyer cell worked it used a coil to step up the voltage and the stainless tubes acted like a capacitor with the water being the dielectric(no electrolyte). At the right frequency the bonds just let loose. There are a few people on youtube that appear to have successfully recreated the experiment . I would think we should encourage everybody to try and tap this source to end our dependence on oil. If our government sent as much money into research for an alternative fuel as they have spent on keeping our flow of oil from the middle east we would probably all be putting water in our gas tanks and the terrorists would not have enough money to be a threat.

ChrisF-dude