• You cannot reply to this topic
82 replies to this topic

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
It seems to me that for a lot of people on this board their CRX or Civic is their first car. Or pretty close to being their first car. Just for grins: How many of us is driving their first second or thrid car?

For me, the CRX is the... let me add this up... my nineth car and I have bought and sold about 5 cars since. But I am keeping the CRX.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
first car, 96 grand am. still have it. cant wait to get it running again. 79 trans am. my second car. still have it. just dont have the time to work on it. 86 crx, my third car, moves but doesnt idle. i have everything to do a b series swap except the engine/tranny. my fourth car is an 03 dakota. my dad was tired of me driving cars that had to be worked on so he made me get it. now i dont have to borrow his truck. i plan on keeping all of these cars. but if it came down to it i would get rid of the dakota before any other car.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
First car was a 64 Olds F88 convertible. 14 dometic cars or bikes later came my first import car-crx. Will never sell her.
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
First car 86 CR-X SI. oh yeah! and and today i did this INSANE 180 degree spin. not on purpose though. it's winter time here and i hit this massive chunk of snow, doing about 45 mph, on my front right bumber and then i spun like crazy. there was a car behide me but he was very far behide me far enough to be safe. it actaully was really fun. i don't think i'd be saying that if i had gotten hurt or hit something though. it was an adrenaline rush though!

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well technically the Civic Si is my 2nd car.

I owned, but never insured or drove, an 86 Cavalier. It basically sat and ended up in the junkyard.

So my first car that I drove was the Civic Si, but it was a DX.

Then I got my CRX Si, which I parted out, because it was rusted to death.

Then I bought the Bulldog when I was swapping my Civic and doing the conversion.

So technically I am on my fourth car, if you will.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 CRX
2nd car, first was an 88 toyota tercel, bought by my father, he sold it to my sister, i bought it from my sister, now my oldest sister owns it. if i ever move back to NS i would buy it back just for the sake of it. i saw the crx in the back lot of a toyota dealer and just had to have it (turns out a couple of years before i bought it the local honda dealer bought it from a little old lady and "restored"(new paint) it and it sold in the showroom for like 6000$ or so (Ballade knows the story better than i do, he told me most of it)

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
First car was an 87 DX. Junkbox slushbox that had been in accidents I wasn't told about and had more problems than I could shake my inexperienced ratchet at. I learned alot from that car, including when to cash it in.
Second car: Silverbolt, silver 87 Si. he sits in the garage awaiting the finish of the CRVtec swap (I've just about run out of things to do before starting it, God help me.)
Third car: silver -> POR15 black 89 Si w/ZC swap that I turbo'd for the GRM 2k4 contest. Really, I was kinda just holding it for my friend while he was in basic training, but I had his blessings and help to make it a GRM car. Sold it back to him after having it about a year or so.
Fourth car: Firebert, red 87 DX. Slushbox, great body condition (more on the outside than the underside, but still not too bad). DD waiting for Silverbolt to be drivable, then its getting a Mugen LSD'd 5speed trans and a dual carb manifold.

down4ce

This is my first car and I can't get enough of it laugh.gif

eezerz

at 14 years old my first car was
1)1974 Cadillac Coupe De'Ville, then from there on i've had many
2)1975 1/2 Ford Econoline 350 with a 460C.I.
3)1982 Toyota Corolla SR5 2dr coupe, fully customized to the max...
4)1982 Honda Civic H/B 1300 4sp "Silver Bullet" mild custom, exaust,tint,suspension ect;.
5)1983 Honda Civic 1500S H/B 5sp, rust bucket...
6)1985 Hyundai stellar, grampa car(clean, inconspicuous and slow...)
7)1986 Honda Civic 1500S, nice clean car, with bad tranny and a CIVIC factory spoiler...
8)1986 Mazda 626 sedan 5sp shit box...
9)1972 Datsun 620 Pick-up, rust bucket...
10)My current 1985 Honda Civic DX H/B 5sp and the 88 Teg that i used to make my current car... I have been driving it the longest of all my cars.
11)1960 Canadian Kenworth Semi truck, (resto project)
12)1993 Honda Civic Si H/B, that me and my father are fully customizing, body,eng swap ect;
All of these cars went to scrap except for #4,10,11 and 12. i ended up selling the #4 car, but the engine trans and suspension were toast, but i got excactly what i paid for it...
I am, or was really truely hard on vehicles and am definatly part of the million mile club..... and i'm only 27....
peace
tongue.gif
eezerz

NiMi1718

i drove a 1992 accord ex to start out and now ive got the 1985 crx si it was my wifes bro car and i fell in love with it before i did her lol j/k but i did like it alot so i bought it
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

C8V6C

Its my first car.....Ive gotten like 5-6 others after this one, buts its my first smile.gif

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
CRX's are my 5th ('87 Si, wrecked on track), 6th (parts car), and 7th ('87 DX, for sale now) cars, the '91 hatch is #8. And I've only been driving for 5 years laugh.gif.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
First - '86 Civic hatchback Std. biggrin.gif
Second - '89 Subaru XT-6
Third - '92 Subaru SVX
Fourth - '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Fifth - '91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

DSMTimeline.jpg

Ryland

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 Cr-X HF (Stock), '84 Civic DX (totaled) '92 Civic VX (Stock) Honda cb350, Honda cl100.
    • Image Gallery
this is my 4th car.
I started out when I was 15 buying a 1982 VW rabbit pickup truck that mostly sat in the shed because I didn't bother learning to drive right away.
Then I was given a 1988 Ford econoline van with everything, the TV, fold flat rear seat, and rusty holes that you could loose small house hold pets in, I never really wanted it, but it was given to me, so I kept it around for 6 months or so, drove it a total of 150 miles befor tradeing it for a motorcycle (number 6 of 8 in the motorcycle tally), because of course motorcycles take up less space, around that same time I found my 1984 civic, and felt like it would be the last car I would ever want to own, and I still own it, even tho it's compleatly smashed to hell at both ends (7 car pile ups are not healthy) so now I have a slightly rusty 85 crx, and am looking for something in better shape to have fun with.

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
lets see....i've been driving for 3 years...

1st car: 1969 Mustang with a 302.....From my grandma (dd for 2 years)
2nd car: 1985 Honda CRX DX...from my other grandma (dd for this last year)
3rd car: 1985 Honda Civic 1300...from ebay (good deal)
4th car: 1986 Honda Civic 1300...from ebay (parts)

-Alex
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.