What Color To Paint My Car Help!

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

Shinobi's_Underwear

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Mugen Mooncraft B-16 turbo.
I have to agree in the end with Kenny. White is easy for a reason. It looks clean and works. And white doesnt mean white. That Acura pearl he is talking about it supposed to be white, but it gives me reason to do the same. Check it out. Is "deep white?" a real thing, YEP.

lxndr

• All work and no play makes LXNDR a dull boy. All work and no...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (kenny86si @ Jun 20 2006, 08:30 PM)
PAINT HER WHITE; I ALWAYS SAY MY NEXT CAR IS GOING TO BE WHITE AND SOMEHOW I END UP W/ RED.

lol!!!

I have a white CRX SI and I always say my next car will be any color other than white!

Edited by lxndr, 20 June 2006 - 11:54 PM.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
favorite colors are

Flaminco Black Pearl - 96-00 Civic/Teg
Nighthawk Black Pearl - 05+ RSX
Burnblack Metallic - 85 CRX, 87 Civic
Championship White - 94-01 Integra Type R, 98-00 Civic Type R, NSX Type R
Torino Red Pearl - 90-91 CRX
Milano Red - 88-00 Civic/CRX/Prelude
Barbadious Yellow - 88-91 CRX
Paradice Blue Green Pearl - 95 Civic, 94-01 Teg
Silverstone Metallic - 01-06 S2000
Bordellox Red - 94-05 Accord
Posted Image

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
White's a good choice, although I have to admit I've never been too keen on my CRX's "Greek White". After I get the body squared away, I'm having it painted "Championship White" like DEIVIONCRX mentioned in his list. I believe it's paint code NH-0, and was used on 97-98 Integra GS-Rs.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
as far as i know Championship white was never offered in america, i think it was a JDM Type R only color, NSX-R, ITR, CTR ect

we got Tafetta white its a lil more cream than champ white
Posted Image

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Mercedes Benz had a color called Eggshell White.
I had a 1978 Civic painted that color.
It's a darker off white color.

Didn't show dirt much.

And at the dealers, we always referred to it as 'Geek White'.

Of course, we also always called CRXs 'Crickets'.

And you don't want to know what we called some of the customers.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

macguyver

• Granny
  • Pip
I would think that white is going to show everything and its mother because its so clean of a color where dirt would show up like crazy! I like wolf light blue anyone know what color is that

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I had an 80 civic, it was silver. I have an 80 prelude, it is longbeam gold metallic. Personally, the Old school honda metalic colors were great. I have to agree that the Greek white, was nice. But I do love my Gothic white civic.

I think wolf's is a Grabber Blue
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Jun 21 2006, 04:34 PM)
as far as i know Championship white was never offered in america, i think it was a JDM Type R only color, NSX-R, ITR, CTR ect

we got Tafetta white its a lil more cream than champ white

DEIVIONCRX - Since I'm totally clueless when it comes to car paint, will it be a problem for a good auto paint supplier to whip up a batch of Championship White, iffn it was JDM only? A while back I saw an older Honda supposedly redone in that color, and it looked sharp. Thanks -

macguyver - You'd be surprised how much dirt white, even "Geek White", can hide. Greasy fingerprints will show (you should see my poor car), but general dust and stuff isn't all that visible.

badpenny - I like those old school Honda colors, too, but some of the metallic ones sure seemed to fade fast. Maybe it was an issue with the clear coat. My 79 Civic 1200 was sorta bronze, and my 82 Wagovan was silver. They looked great when only a couple years old, but I eventually had to have them repainted. Hopefully getting those type colors done with current paint systems would be more durable.