Stretched Tires...am I The Only One Here....

• You cannot reply to this topic
76 replies to this topic

C8V6C

...That HATES this new look?

This is in no way a direct hate towards anyone here or the above owners. I am a very open minded guy, and never hate on anyone...to each their own. Thats why everyone has different cars and different styles...to be different.

But I remember a few years ago, we used to make fun of people putting wheels/tires on a car that looked like they didn't belong. Now its the cool thing to do..

I dunno, it just really doesn't have a clean, seamless flow to it.....I think I am crazy, since it seems like everyone has jumped this bandwagon

***Puts flamesuit on

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I hate it. I see where it came from. In europe the guys werent alowed to have tires that ran outside of the fenderwells so thats a option to get around that. But its still not beneficial.

Now its just a fasion trend.

If your going to run a 8" wide wheel it better have some 225's or larger on it. No reason not to. If you want to run a 185, run a 5 or 6" wheel.
Posted Image

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
see those we nasty.. slighty streched itsnt anything bad my old wheels and tires was strectched

C8V6C

Stretched is not a good look bro. You had a nice setup...I wouldn't even consider those slightly stretched at least in today's terms..

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Jul 25 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stretched is not a good look bro. You had a nice setup...I wouldn't even consider those slightly stretched at least in today's terms..

man dont be hating lol...todays terms ?

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
I like stretched in some ways and despise it in others.

IMO it depends, a little is nice alot is disgusting.....but then again it comes down to car.......

I'm planning to do a little bit of EDM on my car soon and get rebarelled steelies (to 13x8)

Sadly most tyre shops in Australia will not get me something decent to wrap on these...

The best (most suiting) thing I've been able to find was 185/70/13

I'm still hunting......

:edit: having a look at the first two pictures made me lol, they do-not look like they've been stretched properly/effectively.

Edited by SHOGUNOVDDRK, 25 July 2009 - 04:24 AM.

QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

dnocrx

• www.wirednj.com
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx zc boosted
i like it,1 2 and 3 are too stretched.but #4 u really can't say that doesn't look good,i think the stretch started with the drifter's and the vdub guy's.i know back in the day people from cali would bulldog there car's by putting crazy offset wheels on there front wheel drives...now for me that looked stupid.but if i recall correctly,C8V6C u said a while back when lilbuddy got a set of mugen's u didn't like them.i can be wrong,i'm going to look for the post.
RUN YOUR CAR NOT YOUR MOUTH

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
Looks retarded and unsafe.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I know it's done for looks and its the latest cool thing, but it shows a complete disregard for tyres and handling. The tire manufactures spend a lot of time and money designing their tyres to perform properly. That means among other things that the sidewalls are designed to work in a particular way. Stretching the tyres that much throws that design safety and proper handling out the window.

So I really, really dislike it because its running against responsible car ownership.
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
ChrisF-dude hit that nail on the f**king head. retarded and ugly. new word.... retargly. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
It looks good to an extent, especially on cars with Euro flavor.

Once people start blowing tires and crashing, maybe this trend will go away.

What's next, JDM beadlocks? rolleyes.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
i want knurled rims like the GT-aaRRRRRR biggrin.gif
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That looks just as good as a 400Lb woman in spandex and a tube top..

What a ugly look and wayyy unsafe. Look at that third pic his fender grinded that sidewall down to nothing half the letters are missing . That's a blowout waiting to happen and when it blows out it will take half your fender and quarter panel out too and maybe some innocent driver next to them.

I've driven a FWD car on stretched tires and MAD camber. It was sooo unsafe the steering was super twitchy and bumpsteer was super bad, it threw the car all over the road. It was like driving a boxvan in 80MPH gusty sidewinds..

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
Reminds me of this.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

C8V6C

QUOTE (dnocrx @ Jul 25 2009, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ibut if i recall correctly,C8V6C u said a while back when lilbuddy got a set of mugen's u didn't like them.i can be wrong,i'm going to look for the post.

I think I know which wheels you are talking about...is it the newer white wheels?

I like it when wheels are fairly period correct. The wheels didn't look bad on the car, but on the older cars, I usually like a mesh style wheel or something that looks like it was around that period of time. I ran some other wheels like slipstreams before, and I grew to hate them...

I also am not really a fan of white / white....white wheels in general, sorry. But I can still respect them.

And just because wheels/other parts are mugen/jdm/expensive, that does not mean they look good. I hated half of everything most people put on their S2000 since they only cared about whether it was mugen/jdm/expensive and not if it actually looked good.