zoomster's Content

There have been 8 items by zoomster (Search limited from 04-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#512809 86 Si Overheating...only At Night, Huh?

Posted by zoomster on 05 February 2011 - 09:35 AM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (EuphoricBlue @ Feb 4 2011, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd start by taking off the ground point and cleaning it, just to be absolutely sure. But I'd suspect your gauge is getting a false signal, I've had mine pegged once, pulled over in a panic, open the hood, the rad ca/hoses/engine all still cool enough to hold on to.

If you have an infrared thermometer, carry it with you. Next time it reads hot, take some readings so you know what your engine temp actually is.

Yeah, I wondereed if that was the case as well, good advice and I'll give it a try thanks!

Kurt

#512719 86 Si Overheating...only At Night, Huh?

Posted by zoomster on 04 February 2011 - 09:33 AM in 1G CRX

So my trusty '87 CRX Si started overheating one night while tooling around town so the next day I start the usual process. Coolant levels good, fan come on when the engine temp. gauge gets about halfway up, no leaks in hoses that I can see. The water pump and thermo were changed less than two years ago. At this point I started scratching my head.
I did notice that during the day, doing the same drive, that it stays nice and cool. Then I experiment by turning on my lights and sure enough the temp starts to creep up. OK, check the manual and the fan and the right headlight share a common ground, I check out the connections and run the engine at idle with the lights on just to see if some electrical gremlin keeps the fan from coming on with the lights on. I idle with the lights on, fan comes on. But, all the same that night she overheats again, wtf?? blink.gif
I am open to suggestions at this point, thanks in advance.

Kurt

#490343 My Version On How 2 Fix Crx Plastics.

Posted by zoomster on 07 May 2010 - 08:47 AM in General Posts

I was wondering if it might be faster to use a two part epoxy in place of the plastic and acetone. The mesh is a great idea by the way. Thanks for the help.

QUOTE (hatchbox @ May 5 2010, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey my buddy Dave and I have promised a few people here that I would be doing a video on my version of how to fix the CRX plastics. We've started the project on a fender but this method could be used on header panels, lower door garnish, and side skirts. We only have the first two videos done so far but stay tuned the rest are on the way as we are still in the process of shooting and editing. I hope this helps some of you repair your plastics and get your car looking as good as new or better. ph34r.gif Here is the link. http://www.youtube.c...er/How2NowUcan2
Also if anyone follows my method please tell me how it worked out for you.

#488346 Wtb 87 Si Shift Rod

Posted by zoomster on 18 April 2010 - 08:47 AM in WTB

QUOTE (Mrfixit @ Apr 18 2010, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is your location?

Tampa, Florida 33604

#488200 '84 Si Just Came In

Posted by zoomster on 17 April 2010 - 08:28 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (InvaderTrax @ Apr 15 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found one at Pull-a-Part that just came in. Has all the recessed headlight bits, leather(?) door panels, squishy foam wing (very worn but still one piece, restorable?), and 4 spoke Si wheels with decent tires, plus more

if the shift rod is in good shape i'd be interested, thanks.

#487939 Wtb 87 Si Shift Rod

Posted by zoomster on 15 April 2010 - 08:14 AM in WTB

I will have to look at the U joint, I know the bitch pin hole is enlarged, the pin is tight, just the sleeve hole is too big, and allows way too much travel at the shifter end. Uh, if I may ask, what is the kakafix? Maybe I missed something...

#487694 Wtb 87 Si Shift Rod

Posted by zoomster on 13 April 2010 - 12:26 PM in WTB

QUOTE (blue1gen @ Apr 13 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a 1 gen on ebay last night. It doesn't say it's an si but I think they are all the same. If it's just the holes can't you weld a couple washers on the outer shoulders to get the hole back down to the right size? It's been a while since I've messed with one but I think it would work.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i have no welding mojo so i would like to replace it. thought about drilling the hole and the shaft a larger diameter and replacing the pin, but would still like to replace, thanks again.

#487671 Wtb 87 Si Shift Rod

Posted by zoomster on 13 April 2010 - 08:40 AM in WTB

I could really use a shift rod for my 87 Si. if you have one let me know, and please inspect the outer hole to insure it isn't worn out and widened which is the problem with mine and it allows too much play in the shifter. thanks.