An Open Letter To All You Cheap Asses

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

Zephyr

• On the Podium
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
Greetings fellow RPR members.

Recently a lot of people have been asking or looking for parts. It seems to be a running trend that there are MANY of you who look for something and then as soon as a part comes your direction are too broke or some other excuse comes up to where a sale can not be completed. Even worse is when people try to haggle with the price you are asking for a part. If you have had a WTB thread going that you have bumped five times and no one has responeded and then you get a PM from someone who has the part you need why try to haggle with the price they are asking? You do realize that there are two options here, either buy it used or buy it new. Most people selling used parts are spending more time and effort to pull the part then the part is actually worse and then you ask us if we can throw in shipping for free? Seriously, on a part that someone is more less giving away to you that is total BS. Shipping parts by any other means then USPS is expensive. Getting parts to these locations and packing them up is also a PITA as most of us have real jobs that require us to go ship things on our lunch breaks. Large parts or odd shaped parts are also a PITA to pack and ship so give people a day or few to get stuff properly packed, you don't want to receive damaged parts do you? If you know what a part looks like why do you ask for a picture of it? Unless it is a trim piece or something else that requires it to look nice there is no need for a picture. Even if it is a trim piece etc, why would someone sell it if it was a POS?

There are a lot of upstanding members of this board that make it fun to scroung around and get parts for them so that they can complete their projects who won't think twice about paying you for your time, the value of the part and quality shipping.

That being said, anyone interested in a Si trans with a Mugen Diff and a Houseman 4.9 Final in it?

Z
1985 CRX Si H2 Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with a WRX swap

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Jun 23 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings fellow RPR members.

Recently a lot of people have been asking or looking for parts. It seems to be a running trend that there are MANY of you who look for something and then as soon as a part comes your direction are too broke or some other excuse comes up to where a sale can not be completed. Even worse is when people try to haggle with the price you are asking for a part. If you have had a WTB thread going that you have bumped five times and no one has responeded and then you get a PM from someone who has the part you need why try to haggle with the price they are asking? You do realize that there are two options here, either buy it used or buy it new. Most people selling used parts are spending more time and effort to pull the part then the part is actually worse and then you ask us if we can throw in shipping for free? Seriously, on a part that someone is more less giving away to you that is total BS. Shipping parts by any other means then USPS is expensive. Getting parts to these locations and packing them up is also a PITA as most of us have real jobs that require us to go ship things on our lunch breaks. Large parts or odd shaped parts are also a PITA to pack and ship so give people a day or few to get stuff properly packed, you don't want to receive damaged parts do you? If you know what a part looks like why do you ask for a picture of it? Unless it is a trim piece or something else that requires it to look nice there is no need for a picture. Even if it is a trim piece etc, why would someone sell it if it was a POS?

There are a lot of upstanding members of this board that make it fun to scroung around and get parts for them so that they can complete their projects who won't think twice about paying you for your time, the value of the part and quality shipping.

That being said, anyone interested in a Si trans with a Mugen Diff and a Houseman 4.9 Final in it?

Z

I hear you on that,and know exactly what you mean as I also sell on here. smile.gif Ive tried to help a few in the WTB section, to later find out they dont have the money for the part they asked for. As for pics.... sometimes the purpose of asking for pics on a part is to find out the overall condition of the actual part. I mean some of these OEM parts are 20+ years old, you know? While someone selling thinks a part is"MINT" it could probably not be for someone else. Thats why when I sell anything, I always provide pics no matter what. I have a long WTB thread that has been going for about a YEAR already ph34r.gif . I still have not found a worthy driverside Si sideskirt. Some have offered to help on finding one,then to be never heard from again. Then there is others that DO continue to help and find one, which is pretty cool and commendable consedering theyre using theyre time to find the part. The ones that have been offered have been cracked/missing pieces or have been the wrong ones offered (ie,dx,hf). I would love to buy a BRAND NEW one and get it over with, but theyre no longer in production so I guess im S.O.L @ the moment to finish my car for paint. So I think Im one of the exceptions for a long WTB post. unsure.gif
Trust me, Ive also been lowballed on parts before and its no fun. So I know the feeling. You have to remember also times are tough,too.
But thats no exception for wanting a part posted in the WTB and later not coming through for it when its time to pay the piper.

BTW, that SPEC clutch you sold me awhile back grips pretty good. biggrin.gif

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Jun 23 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Z

Do you have any pics and what is the cheapest you can go.
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

C8V6C

Whatever the cheapest is that you will go, I'll give you a hundred less! Lol

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
QUOTE (86hamstersi @ Jun 23 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Free shipping, right? laugh.gif

Seriously, though, keeping one of these cars running, much less trying to fix it up to presentable condition, is an effort - you're either going to spend time scrounging for no-longer-made parts in the JY yourself, or pay someone else $$$. I'm fortunate that I can afford to buy parts for my CRX from fellow rpr members, because I sure don't have the time. I'm also happy I have an understanding wife that doesn't freak out when I occasionally drop serious coin, so I don't hear "You spent how much on a set of shocks?"

evillikeme

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Honda CRX, 89 Acura Integra, 72 Chevy El Camino
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (agrezivspec @ Jun 23 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear you on that,and know exactly what you mean as I also sell on here. smile.gif Ive tried to help a few in the WTB section, to later find out they dont have the money for the part they asked for. As for pics.... sometimes the purpose of asking for pics on a part is to find out the overall condition of the actual part. I mean some of these OEM parts are 20+ years old, you know? While someone selling thinks a part is"MINT" it could probably not be for someone else. Thats why when I sell anything, I always provide pics no matter what. I have a long WTB thread that has been going for about a YEAR already ph34r.gif . I still have not found a worthy driverside Si sideskirt. Some have offered to help on finding one,then to be never heard from again. Then there is others that DO continue to help and find one, which is pretty cool and commendable consedering theyre using theyre time to find the part. The ones that have been offered have been cracked/missing pieces or have been the wrong ones offered (ie,dx,hf). I would love to buy a BRAND NEW one and get it over with, but theyre no longer in production so I guess im S.O.L @ the moment to finish my car for paint. So I think Im one of the exceptions for a long WTB post. unsure.gif
Trust me, Ive also been lowballed on parts before and its no fun. So I know the feeling. You have to remember also times are tough,too.
But thats no exception for wanting a part posted in the WTB and later not coming through for it when its time to pay the piper.

BTW, that SPEC clutch you sold me awhile back grips pretty good. biggrin.gif

BTW have you received those fenders yet.........?
Just call me Chuck, cause I don't give a f@*k!

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Oh yeah.. There are a lot of LOWBALLERS here and also a lot of NOOBS that do not realize the worth of a rare part. I have seen several members go STRAIGHT to E_BAY than come here for this reason.

Good example that NIB DC short shifter awhile back, guy was asking $150 shipped and people were hammering him. WELL it was $130 NEW when it was available so, $20 more than new and people whine for a discontinued shifter?

FOR THE NOOBS: RESEARCH RARE PARTS OR FIND THE RARE PARTS THREADS

FOR THE LOWBALLERS: GET A NEW CAR THAT YOU CAN BUY PARTS AT PEP-BOYS..

ANTE UP BISNATCHES..

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 23 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good example that NIB DC short shifter awhile back, guy was asking $150 shipped and people were hammering him. WELL it was $130 NEW when it was available so, $20 more than new and people whine for a discontinued shifter?

Actually list on them was from 92-$114. They were selling for as low as 50 nib. Plus he was saying that he positively knew that no place anywhere had it. I've proven people wrong and Im pretty sure I can do it again. But who am I to speak. So how much for the tranny?
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (86hamstersi @ Jun 23 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually list on them was from 92-$114. They were selling for as low as 50 nib. Plus he was saying that he positively knew that no place anywhere had it. I've proven people wrong and Im pretty sure I can do it again. But who am I to speak. So how much for the tranny?

Yes they were selling them at closeout prices due to them being discontinued and trying to push the remaining stock out.

Trust me I guarantee I own the last one EVER NIB you can get retail. Just because you see it advertised online does not mean it EXISTS. Those ONLINE stores drop ship directly from DC they do not stock it..How do I know? I have spoke with the current owner of DC personally on the phone and he personally went down to the old stock and personally found me one (THE LAST ONE) on the computer it showed 2 in stock left (they just did warehouse inventory too) , but really it was 1 and I got it for free from him due to one of those booty online stores quoting me 2 in DC's stock and the lazy DC workers not looking for it.

Do not believe me? Find one, order it and have it shipped to you, show me pics.. and I will buy it from you for $150 PLUS shipping on the spot. (YES, I bought that one for $150 shipped)

Better yet find me a DC header NIB.. I'll gladly pay you retail plus shipping.

I have 2 NIB DC shifters on hand and 1 NIB dc header.. I chased the everywhere for these, more than you would like to know.

SO POINT BEING: just because some cheesy online store says they have it for $50 or a header for $350.. DOES NOT MEAN IT EXISTS. the site has not been updated since 1998 most likely.

EDIT: I just saw your location TX, the last place I would expect RPR members would pony up $$$ for rare parts.. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif JK Hamster...

Zephyr

• On the Podium
  • PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (86hamstersi @ Jun 23 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do not have pics nor will I take them, it looks like any other 86-87 transmission externally but internally it's all sexy. The first person to send $2500 can also pay for the shipping of this box. Just for reference a Houseman FD is $1800 and a Mugen Diff is next to impossible to find.

1985 CRX Si H2 Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with a WRX swap

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
I have just acquired a large collection of the "Fusible Links" required for those of us too stubborn to disconnect the battery before working on our cars... Anyway, these seem to be fairly hard to come by now... so $45 each shipped to your door next day priority!
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RexKrazy @ Jun 23 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just acquired a large collection of the "Fusible Links" required for those of us too stubborn to disconnect the battery before working on our cars... Anyway, these seem to be fairly hard to come by now... so $45 each shipped to your door next day priority!

I'll take 5 of them... laugh.gif

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
QUOTE (evillikeme @ Jun 23 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW have you received those fenders yet.........?

I really hope you got insurance, check pm.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RexKrazy @ Jun 23 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why pay that, a few inches of 10 gauge wire and crimp on "eyelets" is much cheaper. laugh.gif

I've paid for some parts, others gotten a hell of a deal and sold normal at a hell of a deal.

I put out the $1200 for medevil pro set (last set from second batch), almost 400 for a roof and bought most of the parts I can still get from Honda at about 75% of retail. Most of my deals come from pulling the parts myself at the junkyard, some on ebay. I even keep cores on repairable parts and rebuild them myself to have on hand spares, right now that is just the main relay and alternator.

Some things I think are a great deals I got recently: $100 for Amber fog lenses, $60 for a couple keyless Civic gas doors, $100 for good scratch free windshield.

I did get a JDM Si center console tape holder with door, but not happy with it. It is great shape but its the design I don't like. I didn't know that the tapes go in at a different angle and there is only room for the 6 tapes, where as with the USDM holder I can have the 6 tapes in there and room behind them to hide stuff. Plus I'd have to get a labeler to label the bottoms of the tape cases so I know which tape is in each slot.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
talking about your first post i also agree with you. as im a canadian seller to you usa people an over seas as canada did get the better head for our car. i use to sell almost 5 parts a month on here but then people started to hate the price i was asking. AS I HAVE TO LOCATE THE PART PULL THE PART PAY FOR THE PART all on my day off when i could do other things to help out members then they dotn like the cost of my time an labour an shipping.

our cars are gettign harder to find here now in bc canada limited used supplys now an you guys in the states are learning the new stuff is even hard to find now. so people need to ease up on the stickyness of payign for the parts.

and a side note in my dealings as i use UPS thats the cheepest shipping but the boarder is a minimum of 60bucks to cross so its hard to ship a 5 buck part to the states as its now a 65 buck part an the labour an ete...

i also buy an suck up the prices too. ive bought a dc header off here a mugen lsd an tranns, turbo system, engine, cars, cam gears. this site is a awsome site i have had 3 customers from work even check the site for parts ones a scca racer with chris doodson, for those that remember him.