I got a crx tonight!

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

Masta

I finally picked up a 1987 CRX Si tonight.  The car is quite rough but definately worth fixing.  All the plastic is good, it has the orig. rear cargo cover,  the interior is generally good although the drivers seat is beat bad.  The tranny went south on the guy so he bailed on the car, it supposedly has a new cyl. head but who knows.  It's red which is very cool and goes well with the RPR thing.  Now all I need is a cheap Teg doner and I'm ready to swap.

Darren
Civic Nation. Represent.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The car cover was an option, from what I have read. And the spring is gone in it, so it doesn't retract, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix. Should fit in my car quite nicely...if I had an interior... wink.gif

Good score man, I'm almost jealous! And change your sig!
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Guest_CHRIS F_*

• Group: Guests
Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

MANGLEdCRX

• CR-Tsi
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Congrats, another 1st genner I love it  :D
-'87 HF Resurected 7-00, reincarnated 6-01--86 DX Dosent run....YET--'87 Civic Si hatchbach: Brians baby R.I.P. "Bee" 5/21/82 - 9/9/01 forever in our hearts.-

1GCRXDX

• Going all out!
  • PipPipPipPip
cool!  The First Generation CRX is all over this board! Atleast there is a board for us!  :)
If anyone can tell me somting better than a Weberized ZC I have yet to hear it!

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
1st gens RULE!!! Welcome to the fanaticism!!!
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

Masta

Thanks for the kudos fellas.  It feels great to finally have landed a 1G CRX Si.  I can hardly sleep at night I'm so excited.  My V6 Tracer will be tough to beat but I think it's possible, just time and $$$ right?  Anyway I'm glad you guys use this board and I feel much better now that I can contribute a little more.  B16 swap here we come!!!

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

Guest_CHRIS F_*

• Group: Guests
If your V6 Tracer was hard to beat set your goals higher. Here are some ideas, ZC swap w/ turbo or JR supercharger, B16, B18, H22, Legend V6, NSX motor, S2000 motor, dual motors, inflatable pontoons and propeller shaft,  small rocket missle engines from army/navy surpluss store. Just fantasizing, sorry.

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Looks like someone has been watching too much 'Junkyard Wars', one of my favorite programs, btw.  :P

MANGLEdCRX

• CR-Tsi
  • PipPip
Haha that show rulez. those british guys are cool as hell  :D
-'87 HF Resurected 7-00, reincarnated 6-01--86 DX Dosent run....YET--'87 Civic Si hatchbach: Brians baby R.I.P. "Bee" 5/21/82 - 9/9/01 forever in our hearts.-

SlowRexer

• JDM CRX (Junkyard Domestic Model)
  • PipPip
Yea I liked the episodes with the British host better then the American ones too, but the mega junkyard episode, Russians vs Americans vs Brits was the greatest
Who's this torque guy I keep hearing about?

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yeah, that one was pretty good, but was there any doubt that the Americans would win? And did anyone think the Russians would even finish?

SlowRexer

• JDM CRX (Junkyard Domestic Model)
  • PipPip
hehe yea the americans were definately favoured with that torquey monster

and yea I doubted the Russians too but in retrospect their idea was pretty cool but they were definately underpowered, if they had more then the toyota (as far as I remember thats what it was) engine in there they would've been able to beat the brits in the land race and they were doing well on the rocks until they blew their chain and on the water they smoked everyone! (paddle power!)
Who's this torque guy I keep hearing about?