Camber Plates

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
Ok, I have heard of these been talked about, and damn it, I am tired of going through tires like crazy! I have seen the "IT" and "IT/SOLO" camber plates, but are these worth the $300 price tag, and are they good for a daily driver/ future quarter miler car?

I plan on dropping this car another 1/2 inch, but cannot do it because my little car is already eating through tires bad as it is! HELP!
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
um... get an alignment... 3rd gen Chassis have no camber problems when lowering the front or rear of the car... the plates are usualy there to force - camber not correct it...... If your car is eating tires morethen likely you should lower it as much as you want then head to NTB and get it aligned...

BUT.. if you wish.... Ground Control and OPM are selling plates.. rpr is still developing theres... so those are your 2 choices.

If you DO have camber problems something is bent and I would take it to a frame shop to see what it is.

Oh yeah, its NOT camber that kills tires its camber PLUS wacked out toe settings that eat tires... Ive seen ppl with ALOT of camber but with 0 toe and their tires lasted over 2 years on a slammed EG....

Get it Aligned.

Edited by CRX8Grand, 27 May 2003 - 06:25 PM.

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Well, I took it to a shop, and had it alligned... I guess they didn't know what they were doing, cause they told me that it was straight.. ARGH. Don't know, the last set of rims I had, the car ate up the inside of the tires within 6 months...

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Are you talking front tires or both front and back huh.gif

If the rear is a problem then yup something is bent ( can be fixed with shims) and if its the front , Just how low is it and what did you do to get it there????? and if its that low do your shocks work anymore.

The point I am trying to make is that I also think that something is bent or out of allinment. because even with going to different torsion bars and lowering it you should still be O.K. with out plates. Unless you are 3-4" lower than stock????

Doodson

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Doodson @ May 28 2003, 12:57 AM)
Are you talking front tires or both front and back huh.gif

If the rear is a problem then yup something is bent ( can be fixed with shims) and if its the front , Just how low is it and what did you do to get it there????? and if its that low do your shocks work anymore.

The point I am trying to make is that I also think that something is bent or out of allinment. because even with going to different torsion bars and lowering it you should still be O.K. with out plates. Unless you are 3-4" lower than stock????

Doodson

and 3-4" lower than stock is bad. i dont care if you have shortened struts AND stiffer torsion bars. that would be classified as "excessive lowering" at that point you get more bump steer, and the suspension geometry in general is way out of wack.

the only TRULY proper way to lower a car is to move the suspension attachment points higher up the chassis biggrin.gif
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
Ok, the picture of my car should show you how low it is.. Pretty much, I have on GSR 15's (cant remember tire size) but still running stock height on the tire. I have the top of the tire about 1/2" from the wheel well... We lowered it by the ajustment bolt on the torshion tubes. I never lowered the back, waiting to get money for the coil overs. I am not one to use clamps or heat the coils.... it is just lame.

The back tires are fine, it is just the front tires. My car keeps eating up front tires. The insides. I dunno, anybody know of a good shop in Kern County to take my car to? I am going to have to do something, because it will be even worse when the B18 gets dropped in.

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

RedRexDX

• Building SOHC Potential
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage ES; 1987 CRX Si
why dont you just raise the car back to stock height for now?
grr

jiggerjosh

• IVIC
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99' BMW _/_/_/ M3 Vert. & 97' BMW 325Ti M technik
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well that would take all the fun out of it. I have the same problem but its on the winter car so im too cheap to go get it alligned. o well
If only i knew what i was doing!!!

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
if the rear's lowered, and you have a adjustable panhard bar?.. then is it alligned properly?

2 cents

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

2.087REX

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 crx
Have you tried checking your lower ball joints? Mine went and I could'nt even tell. I went through all kinds of sh#!, before realizing it was them, And if the red rex in the pic is yours then mine is probrobly an inch lower and my tires track fine.