"the Civ"

• You cannot reply to this topic
90 replies to this topic

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: turbo'ed 87 Civic Si Hatchback and a heavily modified jeep wrangler
YAY!!!! I drove her for the first time in almost a year today. I am so happy and a little frustrated. Most everything is put together and working good. I had all of the gauges working yesterday but i must have messed something up while I was finishing to put in the dash today. Tomorrow i will take some pictures when it is light and write a little more. The alignment is off so it isn't too much fun to drive right now. But it was such a good feeling to drive her around a little bit today. I am so happy with the way that things have come together. She looks so beautiful not being in pieces.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Here are a few pictures of "The Civ" It is so good to drive it again.

I thought I might start with a before and after

Before

After

And the engine bay

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Great work! As has been stated before, your color choice is NICE!

Now, drop that thang on some 14's or 15's!!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I just finished ordering some more "go-fast" parts so as soon as they get here my car will start to journey to being boosted once again. I just ordered a wide band O2 sensor and and a new 4 puck act clutch. I have already gathered pretty much everything else I need, I'm excited to get some boost. I hope to have it running good for the Vegas meet that is coming up in April. At least that is my goal.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted on my build, things have been moving along well. I need to get some pictures up here tomorrow. I have my new clutch in and I also have my turbo on and running. It is such a blast to drive, I am still working out a couple of bugs but it is awesome, so fast biggrin.gif Well, more to come soon.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm loaded up and heading to the Vegas Meet! I can't wait to meet some more peppers!

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Things have been pretty busy lately so I haven't been posting too much, I started college a few weeks ago so that has been taking a lot of my time lately, and I am still working about 30 hours a week. And unfortunately I have some bad news about the build. I have had the turbo on it for about a month and a half, and it was running real good at about 9 pounds (it was real real fast and a total blast to drive). But about a week ago I was messing around on my way home one night and she gave up the ghost. I haven't had a real good chance to look at it yet but I am pretty sure that it is the head gasket and or the piston rings. I went out the other night and got it to start but it runs real real rough and it looks like there is exhaust coming out of the breather on the valve cover which is kind why I think it is the rings that they are letting exhaust into the block. But before it went boom I was also pushing anti-freeze out of the overflow under boost so that makes me think there is a head gasket problem also. But as long as I didn't totally destroy it, I am ok with it. I mean what do I expect putting a turbo on a stock 220k motor? I was planning to build it anyways just not this soon. So as money and time permit I will pull the motor and build it with forged internals and all the good stuff. It might be fall by the time I get it all done because then I will be off track at my college (BYU-Idaho has a really weird track system that I am on up here) and adding to the time constraints are that jet ski season just started and I love my taking out my Yamaha Superjet so that will take a lot of my spare time this summer. Luckily I still have my jeep to use as a daily driver while the Honda is out of commission, but even if it takes it a while it will be rebuilt!

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I am sad to say that my Civic is still sitting not running. Only one more month of this semester before I'll have time to work on it. But last night I did add to my collection of hondas, I bought a '89 accord for $150. It is kind of a turd and needs to have all the mice and mice crap cleaned out of it. The engine seems to run fine with a jump start but it needs a new clutch so I'll probably get the cheapest one I can find then just drive the crap out of this car till it is almost dead. then I think I might have some redneck fun with it and jump it and race it around my pasture behind my house.

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nice paint! that civic is mint. And ofcoarse d16a1 ftw. Good luck with the accord.

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Jun 26 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice paint! that civic is mint. And ofcoarse d16a1 ftw. Good luck with the accord.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Well, not too much to report but in a couple weeks I start a 6 month break from college so I can get to work on my civic. But tonight I got a bunch of pictures off my phone, so I thought I would share a couple of pictures, sorry they're so crappy but I'll share anyways

Here's primer

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
And here's a couple more of other things

This is where I modified the little temp sensor out out the stock radiator to fit in the new radiator

and here's part of the mild wire tuck. I just ran the headlight and turn signal wires through the fenders

And I wish I had a better picture of this next one but this is when I jumped my integra about 30 feet on a motorcycle jump, haha, it was actually pretty smooth.

Hopefully there will be lots of progress soon with an engine rebuild and a few other things. I can only hope I get this thing going again soon

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Finally I have gotten a little bit of work done on the project. Not as much as i would like but I have gotten the d16 back out of her and started tearing it down for a build. I am planning on building it to stand up to a turbo. I am leaning toward using Vitara pistons with some forged rods. From the research that I have done they seem to be a pretty good choice. Does anyone here have much experience with the Vitara pistons? I just want to get a few opinions before I order them. hopefully more will get done soon and I will try to take pics for the interesting stuff, and maybe the less interesting stuff too. That makes for a better thread in my opinion.

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84' Honda CIvic HB, 93 Honda Accord EX Wagon
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Oct 5 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally I have gotten a little bit of work done on the project. Not as much as i would like but I have gotten the d16 back out of her and started tearing it down for a build. I am planning on building it to stand up to a turbo. I am leaning toward using Vitara pistons with some forged rods. From the research that I have done they seem to be a pretty good choice. Does anyone here have much experience with the Vitara pistons? I just want to get a few opinions before I order them. hopefully more will get done soon and I will try to take pics for the interesting stuff, and maybe the less interesting stuff too. That makes for a better thread in my opinion.
I've got vitara and eagle rods on my d16a1, but if your going with forged rods get the fjt spec rods that move the piston up to tdc given more compression.

cbb4bf8a-8fb9-4b3f-9246-c8a7778a62a1_zps

Build Thread

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (1gcvcb18 @ Oct 5 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got vitara and eagle rods on my d16a1, but if your going with forged rods get the fjt spec rods that move the piston up to tdc given more compression.

I am planning to use forged rods so that is good to know, I am pretty sure that I am going to run the Vitaras. Thanks For the input!

metal_guitar76

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 89 Honda civic, fuel injected
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Jan 17 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just swapped the entire rear axle and trailing arms. they are exactly the same as far as I can tell, they both went back onto both cars with no problem. I thought I had heard that the trailing arms were different but I made some measurments and compared them and I think they are the same. all the break lines and stuff line right up. It was just a straight bolt on swap. And later today I'll put up some more pics

wow........amazing rebuild job.......a long way from just a red civic.....wow.......
Driving down the road, stereo cranked !!!