What Should I Do?

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

TheSneak

• Two Krazy Daveks
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx dx
well i'm pondering what to do with my paychecks. should i save it for a si block, head, webers, and header, or should i save it for shocks, coilovers, and torsion bars. i will probably do them both but which should i do first? what would you do first? the reason i want a new block is because i have a mysterious oil leak and it runs a little hot in stop and go traffic. i just need some feedback.
One time Krazy Davek said his foot hurt. So he glocked it. Then he glocked his other foot just because he thought it was going to snitch, he asked it if it was and it said no, so he glocked it not only because it was going to snitch but also because it lied.When he isn't driving his 3 door 3 speed 3 cylinder geo metro with 20" spinners, he's driving his freestyle motox bike with 20" spinner dirtbike wheels in downtown NYC.

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
depends on what you're wanting...?

Do you need reliability? Do you have harsh winters or anything? If that's the case, you may want to save up for the block, etc and get the car itself running great.

But if you aren't too worried about that right now, you could easily save up for your suspension parts, and give your car a very nice ride and a lowered look as well...

Maybe check for yourself and see how your struts are doing..that might help the decision.
user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would say suspension/tires first.

I am a firm believer in handling before speed, but because the only racing I can afford is drag, I am doing the motor bits first, once I hit 15 flat or so I will start doing my suspension, along with a much needed wheel/tire upgrade.

I would suggest suspension anyways, these cars handle beautifully when done right, so why not get the car handling solid before dumping it full of horsepower (unless you need the reliability of FI, which I also needed)

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
i would say the engine upgrades first. one, for the reliability thing, and two for the WOO-HOO! factor. suspension is great but having more power would be a little more fun in everyday life, i think. unless you live in a cone at the autocross track.

..." we all live in yellow road cone,... a yellow road cone...." tongue.gif

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if your talking a street car I would do motor first, only because its make things more fun but as long as you do suspension some day biggrin.gif

dont get me wrong handleing is what the 1gs are good for

TheSneak

• Two Krazy Daveks
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx dx
yeah i think i'll do the engine work first, anyone selling webers?
One time Krazy Davek said his foot hurt. So he glocked it. Then he glocked his other foot just because he thought it was going to snitch, he asked it if it was and it said no, so he glocked it not only because it was going to snitch but also because it lied.When he isn't driving his 3 door 3 speed 3 cylinder geo metro with 20" spinners, he's driving his freestyle motox bike with 20" spinner dirtbike wheels in downtown NYC.

lasheric

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 CRX SI
I think you should take your cash and buy a sparco seat.

ChrisF-dude