←  FS

Red Pepper Racing

»

86/87 Crx Side Molding Clips

Sinub's Photo Sinub 25 May 2018

Edit (4-8-21): We are taking pre-orders again. Previous batch of 225 clips sold out over a year ago and due to increasing interest we are taking another batch. Currently at 10 Pre-orders.

Hey everyone, 

I've recently reached out to a company about producing some side molding clips made from Nylon 12 for the 1st Gen Crx 86/87 models. I drew them up on Solidworks awhile back and 3D printed them with my printer for prototyping but I was disappointed with the strength, thus I reached out to a company a fellow RPR member works at. Long story short I will be having them produced. Would anybody be interested in any? I'm currently gauging the amount of clips I will need to be ordering. The more ordered, the cheaper the cost per clip will be for you guys. As of right now each clip is $7 per clip if a full set (16 clips) is ordered. $9 per clip if half a set is ordered (8 clips) and anything less than 5 clips ordered will be $13 per clip. I've posted to facebook and the interest seems strong so it is more likely than not the price will drop to $6 per clip for a full set etc. 

Here are a few pictures of the final version of the clip.

image_url-9722-1527264471_thumb.jpg

image_url-9722-1527264453_thumb.jpg

image_url-9722-1527264508_thumb.jpg

image_url-9722-1527264524_thumb.jpg

image_url-9722-1527264570_thumb.jpg

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 25 May 2018

so $112 for a full set? does this work on both SI and DX/HF molding?

Sinub's Photo Sinub 25 May 2018

Actually for those who pre-order it'll be $110 shipped. I'm including free shipping for those who pre-order. Honestly on the facebook pages it's gotten a lot of traction so I might be able to order a big enough batch that the unit cost will lower. Long story short it'll most likely end up being $95 shipped for a full set. No promises yet.

And yes the hf,dx, and si have the same side moldings so the clips are the same as long as they are 86/87 models.

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 26 May 2018

I will keep an eye on this. I do not have facebook so please keep posting up here.

Sinub's Photo Sinub 26 May 2018

I will keep an eye on this. I do not have facebook so please keep posting up here.

Will do. I'll give you an update right now. There's a lot of interest so prices are $95 shipped for a full set, $64 for half a set shipped, and $11 per clip for 3 clips and less if everyone who has pm'd me commits when the time comes. Hopefully more people jump on this so I can order a larger batch to lower the price for everyone.

If you want some clips please pm me and let me know how many you would definitely want to buy.

Sinub's Photo Sinub 17 Jun 2018

Update. Interest was large enough that I ordered a small batch of clips. I should have about 125 clips left over after delivering the pre-ordered clips shipped out.

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 28 Jun 2018

Got mine they look great!

Eric L's Photo Eric L 29 Aug 2018

hi there. how do I order a set of trim molding clips from you?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Sinub's Photo Sinub 29 Aug 2018

hi there. how do I order a set of trim molding clips from you?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Just send me a PM of how many clips you'd like, name, shipping address, and I'll give you a price. You can paypal me at [email protected] afterwards. 

:)

Sinub's Photo Sinub 08 Apr 2021

Bump. We are taking pre-orders again at $96 for 16 clips. So far we're at 10 orders. If we can get more pre-orders we can lower the price. 

Thanks!