Tire Shop F**k Up

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, I had a pair of new Kumho's mounted on my Racing Harts a few days ago and I realized that the tire shop I took them to put deep scratches in the lips of both rims. mad.gif My dad took them in to have mounted and what pisses me off the most is that they didn't even tell him...and it's obvious. mad.gif On top of this, they charged me extra to mount them because they said 40-series tires are harder to mount. mad.gif They also lost one of my friggin' hub centric rings! I need some opinions on what I should do. I'm thinking about asking for a refund on the mounting bill and also taking the wheels to a body shop to have an estimate made up for repairs, then making them pay for this. The really bad part is that Racing Hart doesn't make these wheels any more and the color will be damn near impossible to match. I'm going to milk these bastards for all I can because what they did was wrong in every way.

*rant over*

DSMTimeline.jpg

jonesy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx dx, 90 Skyline GTR
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ May 29 2005, 02:54 PM)
Well, I had a pair of new Kumho's mounted on my Racing Harts a few days ago and I realized that the tire shop I took them to put deep scratches in the lips of both rims. mad.gif    My dad took them in to have mounted and what pisses me off the most is that they didn't even tell him...and it's obvious. mad.gif  On top of this, they charged me extra to mount them because they said 40-series tires are harder to mount. mad.gif  They also lost one of my friggin' hub centric rings!  I need some opinions on what I should do.  I'm thinking about asking for a refund on the mounting bill and also taking the wheels to a body shop to have an estimate made up for repairs, then making them pay for this.  The really bad part is that Racing Hart doesn't make these wheels any more and the color will be damn near impossible to match.  I'm going to milk these bastards for all I can because what they did was wrong in every way.

*rant over*

That happened to a buddy of mine, when they did an alignment they scored his brand new rims. Take the car back to them, tell them they are replace or repair your wheels. I am a shop manager, I know these guys have insurance to cover for mistakes like this, so don't let them try to get out of it. This is their mistale, there is no reason why you should have to live with the effects of it!!!

jonesy
85 CRX DX: 4-2-1 header, 11:1, P&P, 4 32mm mikuni's
90 Skyline GTR: Filters, I/C Hard Pipes, Downpipe, 3.5" de-catted exhaust, AVC-R, S-AFC, HKS SSQV's, and on and on...

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Please don't say discount tire

Yeah and if no refund see if they are a member of the BBB or chamber of commerce and report them.

hell, report them anyways.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

maddog

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 honda CRX SI
That's a bummer! Its going to be hard to go after them since a few days have passed. Hope it was on friday and they were closed for the weekend. Don't speak to anyone but manager or owner when trying to resolve this. Good luck.

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
yeah man in any type of auto repaire shop there will be a sign somewhen saying " blah blah balh if your were ripped off or scamed call this number blah blah" .... any way find that sign and call that number then things will hapen!

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
in BC they call it the "Better Business Beurau" BBB

they investigate shit liek that and cna really help you out sometimes.. maybe you guys in the US have something going on too?
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ May 29 2005, 06:46 PM)
in BC they call it the "Better Business Beurau"  BBB

they investigate shit liek that and cna really help you out sometimes..  maybe you guys in the US have something going on too?

It depends its not mandatory to be a member of the better buisness beauraue here. Its like being certified on Pay Pal. Its not mandatory there is no real gain other than people should/or are more likely to trust you if you have that badge. Doesn't mean anymore than that.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Good luck, most tire places have big signs which say not responsible for damage to aftermarket rims. Also yes, 40 series tires are a complete BITCH to mount. Sorry you got fucked man.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Maine_Honda_Racer @ May 29 2005, 09:04 PM)
Good luck, most tire places have big signs which say not responsible for damage to aftermarket rims. Also yes, 40 series tires are a complete BITCH to mount. Sorry you got fucked man.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to contact these idiots Tuesday and request a refund for repairs. And no, there are no signs up about them not being responsible. And I imagine 40 series are a bitch to mount but do you think the idiots could have said, "Hey, these tires are gonna suck and we might f**k up your expensive wheels." And you would think they might stop after f**king up one wheel...but they continue to do a second wheel and f**k it up just as bad. It's supposed to be a "touchless" mounting machine...obviously not. mad.gif And on top of that, they lied and "forgot" to mention they basically ruined a PERFECT set of hard-to-find, out-of-production wheels. mad.gif I will look for a number and/or contact the BBB if things can't be resolved easily.

DSMTimeline.jpg

viva_la_bam

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Honda Civic Hatch 3G
    Garage View Garage
OMG thats heaps gay, i have a pretty abd story about otherpeopel at garages wrecking my car, well i took my car in to get registered and the tires changed, and when i went to pick it up i was horrified to find my door has a big fat dint and scratches all up the side of the drivers side door... mad.gif

I went off my nut at the guy, he was saying to me " didnt they tell you when you rang up " im like no stupid. dry.gif

So yeah he had to pay to get the whole door resprayed and panel beated back out.. rolleyes.gif

It turns out he was reversing the car with the door open and it smacked into a pole, what kind of idiot does that!!! blink.gif

But the problem is now, i have one NEW shiney door, and the rest are kind of faded.. hence why now i need to get my car resprayed *and my bumpers and kit that im buying of Lofreq* tongue.gif
user posted image

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
if they dont make things right with you i would suggest option 2 to be an old fashioned ass whoopin. they should make things right with you if thier machines are touch free because apparently the machine wasnt used correctly (its not rocket science), or they will say "it was like that when you brought it in here". i vote ass whoopin ph34r.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
hence why you gotta trust who you take your ish to.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(