• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Ok so my car is pretty much stock except for my headers, intake, and removal of unnecessary stuff like the ac, it's full injection, same motor that came with the car nothing swapped. I'm wondering if there is anything I can add to make this car faster, turbo, better intake, etc... Anything at all and if so can I have links for these parts. I would really like turbo but i doubt it does not exist but what do I know I'm a Noob. Thanks!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Noobs Welcomed!

Start off by making sure that your timing belt is fresh, a broken timing belt will bend valves.

Turbo is possible, but it is not a noob friendly job. Power is made in the head. Pull the head and send it to a good machine shop for a port & polish, valve grind, shave the head for more compression and swap in a more aggressive cam. A larger throttlebody is also a good idea.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Also, check out the "Meets" section. There is going to be a gathering in Bakersfield in April and down in LA in August.
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
I dont think there is a whole lot of people running turbos on those motors as far as I know. Maybe a few. I think if your looking for a upgrade, I would say you need to do a motor swap. You have an efi system so a integra motor swap would be good, and or a B series swap like I'm doing. You can spend allot of money tearing that thing apart to get another 20 hp but money is better spent upgrading to a bigger motor for around $2000....ish.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Alright thanks for all the information, i was just curious about a quick upgrade because I won't have enough time to work on a swap since I deploy this month..sucks for my car lol.. I have another question I've seen a couple of crxs with long extended intakes to get a better air flow and i was wondering where I can find them or any hardware store where they sale a silicone type tubing that can be fitted nicely.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
There is allot of debate whether or not longer intake tubes actually create power. Because your injectors are right at the end of the tubes, there is no real reason to make them longer. If it was a carbed car, maybe. You might want to look into modding the throttle body for more flow.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Several members have used black PVC tubing to make intakes. The main reason you want to run a longer intake is to move the inlet away from the engine to draw more cool air. Some drag racers run the intake through the right side headlight area after removing the light housing.

For more power, there is no easy fix. Either turbo the 1.5, build a naturally aspirated 1.5, or swap in a B series engine.
For turbos, check out Sawchuk's posts. He has the baddest 1.5 turbo on the planet, and has seen and done it all when it comes to building a 1.5 turbo.
For a N/A engine, you would need to port the head, change the valve springs, change the rod bolts, and stuff in a big cam. My experience with an Integra ECU with the previous mods has been very very very good. My Civic ran 13s with this combo, passed smog, and got 30 miles to the gallon at 90 mph before I installed the 4.93 final drive. Other RPR members have had absolutely no luck running Integra ECUs, and will swear they don't work. So your results may vary.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.
Good luck on your deployment.

For fast and cheap - take the restrictor plate out of your intake box.
That is the thing below the air filter with the holes in it. Put in K+N filter.
Give complete tune up - O2 sensor, plugs, dist. cap, plug wires and check
the timing. Change the transmission oil while you are at it and put in the correct.

I only mention this if you have not gotten around to it yet. I figure if you are handy
enough to put in a turbo you are handy enough to do all that too.

Change the timing belt, water pump, and tensioner. Flush the coolant while you are there.
Check your control arm ball joints very good. If one of those breaks your tire flys off.