Projektjokes Returns!

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
I've been away quite a few years only to pop in every so often, some may have noticed my random presence lately.

A little background of me and what ie been up to these last 7 yrs...

Well I'm now 26 yrs young, still bboying as some might remember but I've managed to father a boy(2) and a baby girl only 8 months with another baby girl on the way. As of the last 5 yrs I've been employed as an electrician for amusement park rides and large automated machines. Currently I'm the youngest in my work place by about 25 yrs lol. I'm also a local small business owner and used car broker. In the last three years I've managed to secure an exclusive account with my local Honda dept as an authorized parts distributor and certified used car broker which was an incredibly time consuming and tedious process. As awesome as I hoped the Honda deal was gonna be, it's proven to be extremely difficult to juggle everything while maintaining hobbies and being a good father. So this year I plan to make the switch from my full time electrician position to become the independent business owner I've been trying to be.

With that being said I've managed to hold onto my 87' Si civic for many years with the intentions of using it as a shop/track car that represents my company and what I do. My plan is to continually buy pre-00' Hondas to restore them to oem specs while offering the dealer options that were available, not only for a specific model but many others. I had an amazing learning experience my first two years attempting to do so and put my family in a new house through my efforts, however I also had some downers along the way. So now with my resources and priorities in order I'm just about ready to get a small building to make this a reality once again.

My current fleet of vehicles consist of a 97' civic hatch that is on its way to being k powered.
A bone stock 95' EX coupe that is the daily.
Of course the 87'
Also my cherished convertible 89' Mitsubishi Mighty Max.

Here's a few pics of the w.i.p.s....

This was my 97' after I owned it about a year, very little done at the time. Stock y7 with bolt ons and si rims was about the pinnacle before I totaled it the first time :/
Posted Image
Posted Image
After my first accident I had enough money to buy some decent parts, starting with a vis carbon hood and SiR headlights, SiR gauge cluster, ctr steering wheels, Si seats and y8 head. I was happy with it this way...until accident 2 which I escaped certain death in a canyon after driving like a jackass around 3am a deer decided to check me..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by projEKtjokes, 18 January 2013 - 12:05 AM.

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
So after the second accident I decided I had invested to much time, money and memories into the car not to save it. This time around I had to replace the entire front end and frame. So I knew paint was in order. I picked up SiR front and rear bumpers, oem jdm fenders and side markers. Jdm thin moldings,oem ctr headlights, ctr carpet and floor mats, oem ctr front and rear lips(not in the first pic) ctr arm rest delete and shift boot, ctr track model gauge cluster, SiR navigation and random spoon goodies. This was also the time I decided to go K!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
K series axles!
Posted Image
01' special edition wheels
Posted Image
Quick release/short hub
Posted Image
And that's where it stops... I have paid for a k20a and mounts and a DTR header which are currently on display at Supremacy racing in sunset, UT until I can fork up another $1k for my fuel system and ecu....
Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
The daily...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
The mighty max, wish I had more pics of it this one doesnt do it justice.
Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
And the best for last... This was the actual picture from the ad when I purchased my hatch

Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
When I first brought her home.
Posted Image
Posted Image
With the extra mexican door panel lol and one seat
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by projEKtjokes, 18 January 2013 - 12:02 AM.

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
The original owner had told me the fuel pump was bad so I changed that first and she fired right up...
Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
So that's how she sat for many years in storage as I slowly began searching for parts... I managed source a complete Si interior, wheels and original hub caps, sunroof bag but no visor! Nos rear quarter windows.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Still in desperate need of a black carpet and side molding if anyone has any..

Some goodies...
Posted Image
Original deck on bottom, the setup on top :)
Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
The most recent purchases...
Posted Image

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
14x7 RW's
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by projEKtjokes, 18 January 2013 - 12:18 AM.

user posted image

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
Posted Image

user posted image

silentdork818

• Mr. Sparkuru!
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1988 Civic 4WD Wagon, 1990 Mazda B2200, 2015 Impreza 2.0i
Blacktop!
Check out my website! http://www.silentdork818.com

yermo2.jpg

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Right on dude, thanks for the update. This site is pretty dead recently, most people just linger on FB.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

projEKtjokes

• PipPipPip
Blacktop is right! Spring time hopefully... Still trying to source a cg trans locally.

Appreciate everything you do chedda, seems you've came a long way also these last few years. I've noticed the forums are a bit slow these days but I'm a Facebook hater, plus I love this site so I'll plan to keep all my updates here.

Always glad to hear opinions and knowledge from my fellow peppers!

user posted image