What Would You Sell Your Crx For?

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
This is sort of a follow-up thread to the "How Much $ Is In Your Crx's?, How much and what.........." thread here:
Seems like we've got members that have anywhere from $100-$25,000+ (USD) in their CRX's.

NOT THAT YOU WOULD (:::HYPOTHETICAL:smile.gif, but if you did, what would you have to have for your crx if you were to sell it?

Not sure if I want to start, but here goes:
It would probably take $12,000 USD to get ULT1GCRX away from me, as I've got about twice that much in it, (but of course, I seriously doubt I would EVER sell it)....

bryman<----curious to hear others' answers (esp. Mr. Disibility's wink.gif )
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (bryman10 @ Aug 4 2004, 11:04 AM)
NOT THAT YOU WOULD (:::HYPOTHETICAL:smile.gif, but if you did, what would you have to have for your crx if you were to sell it?

If somebody came down and gave me $2850 I'd give up the 87 Si turbo'd ZC.

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
cool.gif Kirk Olsons or Jamie Housemans Race Cars biggrin.gif

Not that Kirks is for sale, (Jamies is) or that I'm interested in selling mine.

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
Well, I would have to ask for $2500-$2800. And there are people out there (not here smile.gif) that would pay it. But I'd still never sell it.. are you crazy!?
No more CRX

demon2180

that would have to make me bust a nutt when the give me the offer..lol sorry if i afinned anyone with how i just put that......i love my rex to much
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'd prolly let mine go for $3000. I've considered selling it alot lately, but I'm not ready enough to let it go for less.

Like Boman, said, if somebody walked up with cash money...
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

I3ackfire

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 88 Crx Si, 86 Crx Dx
If I had the extra cash laying around to by a 87 si right afterwards, then I might. But for the second gen, I wouldnt even think about it biggrin.gif

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
same here, if I came up w/ the money to get one just like it or had another one it'd be different but right now, it would take waaaaaaaay more than the car is worth before I would give it up. mine's well beat up but I'd have to have $7000+ to give it up.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

cburnscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX Si, 93 Honda Prelude VTEC, 92 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 WT, 96 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4, 98 Acura CL 2.3, 06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, 09 Maxima SV, 09 Acura TSX 2.4
I have been offered up to $3000 for a car that had 2 flat tires and doesn't really run all that often (or well for that matter). I have said no every time. I paid $500 for her, and it doesn't make much sense to sell.

bridgework1812

• Almost breathing
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx dx, 88 civic sedan, , 82 Suzuki 850, 89 Prelude S, 88 crx hf
unassembled

assembled

user posted image
La Forza del Destino

87CrxType-one

• Loving the 1g's and 3g's
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87crx si, and my beautiful 76 gas station orange 1980 plymouth arrow pickup, oh yeah baby!!!!!!!
    • Image Gallery
Boman this is off subject...but what wheels are on your car? I would sell mine for 2000 doesnt have paint and has rust but she has a b16 and soon to be nice seats.

dantheman

• i miss speed :(
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX, 86 Olds Cut Supreme
    Garage View Garage
when i can find the time/money to fix the rust holes and buy a complete AC system (compressor, blower, heatercore, behind dash tubing everything) i dont think i would ever sell it. is someone offered me WAY more than i paid for it i would take it and buy a 88-91 hatch just for the backseat and then put a B16 in it and call it a day. im just sick of not having AC in the texas heat. it was like 98 today and the humidty was 70%. instant sweat. i left my windows down all day while i was at work to keep the inside temps down. i NEED AC DAMNIT.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The Bulldog I would sell for $500, and offset the cost of what I put into her. The only problem is that the poor Bulldog is too rusty and I don't think I could consciously sell the car, it is damn dangerous.

My Civic Si I would have to say 3800 is what it is worth for the money I have put in it, but for man-hours of doing the swap myself it is worth closer to 7K, and I don't ever intend on selling it.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Rampage @ Aug 4 2004, 05:50 PM)
The Bulldog I would sell for $500, and offset the cost of what I put into her.  The only problem is that the poor Bulldog is too rusty and I don't think I could consciously sell the car, it is damn dangerous.

Cheers,
Mark

that wud be like 250 us right? hmmmm for the danger that wud be something to think about *L* j/k

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
I dont think iwoudl sell my car for anything