Jethro's Adjustable Sway Bar Links.

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: in circles. I did take a right out of turn four once and regreted it.
imagejpg1_zpsca3afc87.jpg

imagejpg2_zps96c3afc2.jpg

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
Good stuff keep them coming!

Where are these links from? They look like the Dodge caravan links

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
They are!

MichaelStar

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2003 Jaguar S-Type R

Great idea, but why would you need adjustable swaybar links?

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

This reminds me that I need to find a Caravan at my PnP to scavenge a rear swaybar from. 

Are you going to cut the 'turn buckles' down a bit?  Not sure if you need to keep the endlinks around the same length as they were before, but adding threaded rod between what you have there will make the end to end dims a decent bit longer.

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Haha alright way to make them better, I have me a set installed on my crx and I like it so far, I need this to make the swaybar level out horizontally. Show us more pictures of them installed!

Buford

• Merlin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Toyota Tundra SR5

ADJ links are a must if you balance your corner weighs. When you do that you always disconnect the sway bars. once the corner weights are balanced yoou connect the bars up again with no pre load. so you need adjustability to connect them with no preload.

Buford Out

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Oh ok, this sway bar didn't have any load it was just set up at a weird angle due to the exhaust being in the way, I thought the adjustable option was a plus to tackle this down.

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

They are longer but this is the down and dirty dirt track version.  I am looking for a looser back end and more ability to add cross weight/bite/pre-load.  I'll take some pix of the install this afternoon.  Most of my stuff is pretty "cave-man" compared to real race cars on here so I just thought I would share the idea.  I'm probably not the first to make some.  I miked the rod between the rubber bushed ends and they were .380 so I just picked up some 3/8x16 allthread onnectors and went after it.  I dont know why there are two threads on this but the other one has more pix...

Niccer, I found there are two versions.  The bars are shaped identical but one is 5/8" and the other 3/4".  The brackets that mount to the frame are a little different too but either work.  The 3/4" version I picked up ('00 I think) has the bar mount and tow hoop in one piece.  I cut the tow hoop part off.  The 5/8" bar I found was on a '92 I think.  The 3/4" version added about 11# behind the back axle but im looking for loose anyway. 

Buford

• Merlin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Toyota Tundra SR5

Cross jack, Right, Got that road race brain where we run non preloaded.  No make them cockpit adj. lol

Buford Out

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage

Go to mcmaster car, they have assemblies for about $10 a set. 

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip

But that would be easier, faster, and prettier..... Waite, i did save $4! :P And I did it myself.

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
imagejpg2_zps36cec795.jpg

Welded version. No muffler clamps.

imagejpg1_zps44f001ab.jpg

Functional, not pretty.

imagejpg3_zpsecdd0d94.jpg

Richardcoto452th

• OEM
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Someone needs welding school :-P
It came out good, whatever gets the job done right, did you cut out the whole back trunk area of your car?

Dirtcircle86

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Don't worry, my welding is perfectly functional. I'll spare you my amateurish welding projects and wait on your race car build.