4 replies to this topic

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I was late for work today so I decided to take the Autobahn. I was cruising against maybe a 20-30 mph headwind going around 100mph with the heater on and all my windows up when I started to hear more wind noise and feel a cold draft. I thought I had left the rear hatch open when I looked up and saw the sunroof glass seperating from the frame in the front by about a centimeter.
I am glad it didn't fly off into the car behind me. Anyone else had this happen? How did you fix it? WTF? blink.gif
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage
Other thread about this

This thread was only halfway down the page.

Anyways, before everybody tells you duck tape and super glue. It DOES NOT work. You can read the thread all the way through to see what I did over a year ago and have not had any problem since.

Duct Tape is not water proof. As soon as it rains on the roof, the duct tape will peel off real fast. The super glue gets brittle and break as the car flexes. I had to do this method a couple times in a week before I did something different.

What I ended up doing is using silicon sealer on mine. It got to the point that it peeled half way back and would raise about an inch and a half while driving. I put a bead of silicon sealer in between the metal ring and the gals and put them together with a C-clamp. then I put a bead of silicon sealer around the metal edge in the inside and smoothed it out with my finger. Kinda like sealing something inside a bathroom or something.

One important thing, unless you plan on having Sunny days for a while, don't chance it and leave the sunroof inside. If the silicon get's wet within 24 hours, the moisture will break down the silicone.
Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
If youre really ghetto like me you can drive fast with a tube of amazing goop and put it on while the wind is keeping the glass up, it works alot better than super glue. I definitally recommend what he said though.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
yep happend to me i did a FAQ on it

http://www.redpepper..._Pop-up_Sunroof
Posted Image

mordantly

• www.morrobaycyclery.com
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '90 Isuzu Impulse XS-Lotus Tuned, '94 Civic LX-EG8 (RIP 05 SEP 2009), '71 SL350-K1, '82 CM450E, '72 Yami LT2, '75 Yami DT400B, '02 cobra racing 50cc
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (gustav129 @ Jan 4 2007, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[One important thing, unless you plan on having Sunny days for a while, don't chance it and leave the sunroof inside. If the silicon get's wet within 24 hours, the moisture will break down the silicone.

100% silicone caulk is practically impervious after an hour or so (skin point) to mild pressure water.. like if you caulked arround your winshield rain would do nothing to the curing silicone provided it wasn't a fire hose blast (El Nino style or snow). Latex plus silicone is more resiliant than straight latex but not as good as 100%. Being a plumber, painter, etc i get many situations/conditions to make repairs.
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '11]
1987 CRX SI D15A3 Goal: <12 Sec 1/4

QUOTE (cbstdscott)
There is no replacement for displacement... but dicking with the bottom end of a Honda is not very productive. Put your energy into the head, that is where power is made.

...Dicking with the vacuum lines is not how you adjust ignition timing. That requires loosening the three bolts that hold the distributor and twisting on it.

Scott