Squeekin in the front

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

Earlycrxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
HI, i have a 1st gen crx si. I got this problem. when i turn the wheel at a stop light, it squeeks in the front. When i drive and turn the wheel the same noise comes out when i make a turn. It's gotten louder over the past week. I just wanted to know how i can fix this problem, what could it be.?
thanx

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
You might need to replace your subframe.

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

87Hybrid

• Too Many Projects Too Little Time
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado, 1987 Civic hatch, 85 Civic Sedan, 76 Blazer,2000 Jetta
    • Image Gallery
I had a squeek like that in my civic and it turned out to be the ball joints that connect to the bottom of the front hub.  It is imparritive that you get then changed right away as Mine seperated dropping the front end on the ground while driving home one night.  I was lucky and it happend in a 25 mile zone.  Had it happened on the freeway at 70 MPH i may not have survived to lett you that it is dangerous to drive with this condition.
"AAAHHH Teamsters, If only I could be as lazy and surley as a Teamster."  Homer Simpson

87 Hybrid hatchback and 85 sedan.
user posted image
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

crx_dx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
my ball joint droped on my crx, and it didnt make any noises. except when it droped.....  ::clunk clunk  clunk clunk  clunk clunk  clunk clunk  :: i thought i had a flat but it turned out the ball joint broke,i was going about 10 mph scared the shit out of me.

-joseph