• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

Khoal1GenCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX 1.5L Carb
Alright here's the deal.....

I performed the vaccuum line removal and capped all lines and used a vaccuum port for the dissy advance and all anyway i also did a tune up and i'm a mechanic or at least a tech so i know i did that right gaps were all about .044 so i know they are ok...i replaced the rotor and cap and all wires and plugs so i go and take her for a test drive with everything on and she stops at 4k won't let me rev over that bucking and everything....

so i go back and check over everything change the dissy advance ports around and go back out without the airfilter set up on it and all and she drove like a f*cking dream so i go and put all the airfilter shyt back on and take her out again she bogs down again at 4k in first and 3k in second so i take teh air filter out and try again

it's better but still feels like it's bogging alittle at higher rpms so i take the whole thing off and take her out again and she's running like a champ again anyone have any idea WTF is going on? oh yeah and i also removed the warm air input on the aircleaner.

Please anyone have any ideas? did i miss something closed a port when i should ahve left it open? let me know your ideas

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I've had that problem with a batch of bad fuel. But you might just need a new air filter I suppose.
I have nothing...

Khoal1GenCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
interesting...what fuel do you normally run 87, 89, 91, 93?

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sounds to me like your fuel filter is clogged, I would change it.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Khoal1GenCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
well i changed the air filter and fuel filter and it got alittle better...

so i decieded to look further into the car and i took the timing cover off to find that the belt is moving alot more than i'd like it to....as in flapping i'm not sure it's supposed to be flapping like it is but i can't do anything about it at the moment so i thought i'd mess with the normal timing and i advanced it alittle took it for another ride and it seems to be all fixed runs great now

i dunno you tell me