Quite Possibly The Worst Car Currently Sold

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

jag

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX (electric)
QUOTE (shadowboy @ Apr 29 2003, 09:10 AM)
no, boston roads are closer to loose gravel than dirt biggrin.gif

hows the big dig coming anyway (i havent been in boston in about 5 yrs)

Don't get me started on the big dig... smile.gif

Actually the big dig is starting to have results.

They just opened the connector to the Ted Williams Tunnel from the mass pike. Now to go the airport I just have to get on the pike and go east and instead of ending up at south station/China Town you keep going and end up right at the airport. It's a dream. You can drive the the airport at any time of day (even during rush hour) and get there in 20 minutes.

They also recently opened the new bridge.
They are starting to dismantle the southbound side of 93 downtown. The northbound traffic is now underground and the southbound traffic is on the northbound side.
So, it's actually starting to look like the end is near...

Anyway, sorry to hijack the post for a little state of the big dig post...

-Jeremy

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
cool, driving through chi-town/gov't center/downtown/etc, is a pain in the ass.

especially when you accidently get pushed off wrong exit coming back from malden to kenmore square.

i believe i was on storrow dr. when that happened sad.gif

i also know i was a bit west of downtown at the time. near park st./commons/etc.

i wasnt too, too far from BU though and i managed to find my way. smile.gif

Edited by shadowboy, 29 April 2003 - 04:41 PM.

Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

PacerRacerGirl

• Racerchick
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: Old car: 1986 Civic Si. Then a 94 Mazda MX6. Now a 90 Miata and a 87 Civic Si
QUOTE (BigGuy @ Apr 29 2003, 03:00 AM)
...Subaru used to sell something called a Brat.

I would love a Brat! ...It would become a Rallycross vehicle. biggrin.gif And a parts chaser, wintermobile, camping truck, etc.

BigGuy

• The Bean Counter
  • PipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Porsche 944, Chrysler Intrepid(Big car for BigGuy),soon to build Locost SuperSeven
If I remember, someone on the board had a brat, their avatar has a pic of it. Someone must have a great picture they could post.

As a visitor of Boston(I'm from outside Toronto) I must say you live in a Fantastic City. My Wife and I visited a few years ago, and we had an amazing time. Did a lot of walking and learned a lot about the history. The food in little Italy was awesome and we went to a great fish restaurant that was good too. Can't remember the name of it, but I think it was a franchise style Restaurant. It's amazing the outreach of this forum.

Cheers to the U.S on the war in Iraq. Just know that our Government doesn't necessarily support the majority of the support from Canadian's/ Sorry to bring politics to the table, but it's something I needed to say. My thoughts and prayers go to the troops and all those with Friend's, Family etc involved with the war.

I know I appreciate what was done and being accomplished.

Just my two cents. biggrin.gif

The BigGuy
"If you're gonna think, might as well think BIG!!"

celerity

• The visible world is the invisible organization of energy.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1991 Civic Hatch, 1987 4Runner SR5
the Porsche 944 shootingbrake thing looks neat... but I only think "Emir" when I see one...

Check out some of the collections of the Emirs - they LOVE contracting big companies to make sportscar wagons. I think it's their way of shoving their bony little heathen fingers in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Then they make like, 5 (say) Ferrari Maranellos.... And they buy them all - making them completely worthless.

Step 3: Contact your insurer and find out that your collection is truly worthless

Step 4: Declare bankruptcy like the Sultan of Brunei

-> Steve
Passion, if fed, Survives
Love, in time, Adapts
Trust, if Betrayed, Limits
Hope, if believed in, Thrives
Dreams, if realised, become true
Truth, if validated, becomes fact
Death, if accepted, calms
Life, without question, Goes on.

BigGuy

• The Bean Counter
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Porsche 944, Chrysler Intrepid(Big car for BigGuy),soon to build Locost SuperSeven
Am I missing something. You've completely lost me. I know about the Sultan's collection but what's shooting brakes? Step 3, Step4 where's one and two?

Maybe I'm just getting too old.

biggrin.gif

Oh ya I forgot to mention, jag, your avatar RULES!!!!!!!!ABsolutely hilarious.

It reminds me of a story someone told me. They found a fresh dead cat on the road and configured it so when rigor mortis set in, they leaned it against a pole at a bus stop and watched as people witnessed this aberation. A cigarette was added for bonus effect. The bus riders looked on in horror as they witnessed the cat that looked like it was leaning against the pole smoking a fag! Just thinking about it makes me cry laughing. I know it's warped, just imagine the mind that figured it out. Beauty!!!!

Sorry not to follow topic. Just couldn't resist.

blink.gif

celerity

• PipPip
Honestly, I've lost myself. I've been at work for 52 hours. I haven't showered. I'm all alone with a LOAD of to-do items. I'm going to finally fall asleep at my chair, because I set "load object collect" on 300 mailboxes because the email is down. Somehow I ended up with 0 bytes available on my mail server.

-> Steve
Love, in time, Adapts

jag

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (BigGuy @ Apr 29 2003, 11:40 PM)
Oh ya I forgot to mention,  jag, your avatar RULES!!!!!!!!ABsolutely hilarious. 

I'm glad you liked him. He's quite live... I just heard him meowing a second ago. He likes to jump like that when you shine a laser pointer at the wall. I just took a picture of it one time...

I have know clue what celebrity was talking about...

-Jeremy

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (celerity @ Apr 29 2003, 11:30 PM)
the Porsche 944 shootingbrake thing looks neat... but I only think "Emir" when I see one...

actually, i believe its a 931 (924 turbo) shooting brake.

i got the pic from the 924.org site
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (BigGuy @ Apr 29 2003, 10:40 PM)
It reminds me of  a story someone told me.  They found a fresh dead cat on the road and configured it so when rigor mortis set in, they leaned it against a pole at a bus stop and watched as people witnessed this aberation.  A cigarette was added for bonus effect.  The bus riders looked on in horror as they witnessed the cat that looked like it was leaning against the pole smoking a fag!  Just thinking about it makes me cry laughing.  I know it's warped, just imagine the mind that figured it out.  Beauty!!!!

Sorry not to follow topic. Just couldn't resist.

blink.gif

I can't resist either...a good friend and I were driving 2222 in Texas going from Austin out to Lake Travis when we spotted a dead armadillo - he was completely intact. We stopped and flipped him over on his back and propped him up, then we put a Budweiser can between his legs to make it lok like he was diggin' on a cold brew. We couldn't stop laughing! I'll have to dig up the picture and post it sometime...

Again, sorry...

Kirk

BigGuy

• The Bean Counter
  • PipPip
I would love to see a pic of a dead armadillo on a Bud. That's hilarious. I'm sure the road kill thing has lots of stories. Keep em coming.......Nobody have a good pic of a Suby BRAT?

I'm going to 924.org to try and find out what this shooting brake thing is. I'm still at a loss. I explain if I find out.

Later.........BigGuy

biggrin.gif

SlowRexer

• JDM CRX (Junkyard Domestic Model)
  • PipPip
had to see what all the comotion was about so I googled it,

ah a working pic

personally I like the el camino better

Edited by SlowRexer, 01 May 2003 - 11:42 PM.

Who's this torque guy I keep hearing about?

celerity

• PipPip
I have know clue what celebrity was talking about...

CELERITY: sell AIR itty

a Shooting brake is an old, slightly post-war Aston Martin name for the coupe-cum-wagon design. For holding your stuff in the rain. Kinda like the Tudor, which is a Ford thing - and just as rarely used.

-> Steve
Love, in time, Adapts

jag

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (celerity @ May 1 2003, 11:43 PM)
CELERITY:  sell AIR itty

Funny how my brain sometimes just ignores the rest of a word after it's decided it knows what it is... I think I read too quickly. I probably just scanned and saw the beginning and end of the word and it looked like celebrity so I didn't bother to see that there isn't actually a "b" in it...

funny.

-Jeremy

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well, this one is alive.....and is my kind of cat.

87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...