←  Meets

Red Pepper Racing

»

So Cal Meet

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 18 Dec 2005

hmmm...well that sounds like a cool spot...its kinds in the middle...maybe we can have a BBq and "refreshments"

IfTakumiDroveACRX's Photo IfTakumiDroveACRX 18 Dec 2005

QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Dec 18 2005, 06:33 PM)
hmmm...well that sounds like  a cool spot...its kinds in the middle...maybe we can have a BBq and "refreshments"

Well yeah that's the thing.... we would use the re-grandopening as the "excuse" but the crx meet and your welcome back party as the "REASON" hahahahahahaha and hopefully we'll be able to spring for the food and some refreshments, but like I said I have to smooth out the details with the partners !!! But so far they are willing !!!! wink.gif

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 22 Dec 2005

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 17 2005, 10:34 AM)
The funny thing is that I was just thinking about begining to plan the annual CBSTD's Weenie Roast. Generally I like to throw that party during the summer months for the long afternoon light and the warmer weather. But a Spring Celebration of 1st GenRex's return from Iraq sounds good to me so you know I am down.

Count on me for a meet anytime and nearly any place. Also let's start thinking about the Weenie Roast.

And oh yeah, it is never too early to start thinking about prepping for the Open Track day thrown by Speed Trial at The Streets of Willow in May.

Scott

this would be fun...but i dont know how much it would be or what i would need as far as safety gear shd sh!t

RARECRX's Photo RARECRX 23 Dec 2005

all you need is a sa95 or 2000 approved helmet... has to be for a auto no motorcycle helmets.pass tech at a tech center.. and thats it...all the other gear is optional to the driver...but i dont know if you want to mess up the ace ventura due with the helmet.....
Edited by etmydst, 23 December 2005 - 04:11 AM.

shahriar35's Photo shahriar35 23 Dec 2005

yo add me in! as long as the time and place works for me. Im in northridge so near by woudl be great but i wont be greedy about driving far either

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 23 Dec 2005

QUOTE (shahriar35 @ Dec 23 2005, 06:14 AM)
yo add me in! as long as the time and place works for me. Im in northridge so near by woudl be great but i wont be greedy about driving far either

@ this point if we do it @ speedzone I would have to drive about 45 min. maybe more...but i dont mind @ all because i usually drive farther than that on a weekly basis.

panamared's Photo panamared 02 Jan 2006

cool.gif count me in i just move to pomona. just give a call.

jerfguy's Photo jerfguy 03 Jan 2006

Sounds good to me. I live in burbank so an address so I could look up directions would be great. Is it an open invite or a closed meet? Meaning can I come too?

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 03 Jan 2006

^^^you cant come!

j/k dude i want as many ppl there that want to show up!

we might have it @ a shop if we can get that place, or maybe even speed zone, we still dont know for sure...but I know i want to have one when i get back home...

SlaveSpawn's Photo SlaveSpawn 20 Jan 2006

Man I miss all the fun since I can't drive a 5spd and the Crx isn't quite running good enough for a longer trip.

Oh well one of these days I'll make it lol. Only thing is I'll be in them there Shaw-lett, NC eatin chicken and waffles w/a soda pop by Mar. prob. sad.gif not that it's bad but nothing like life on the left coast.

Man sure am going to miss the beach in La Jolla, CA where I grew up and my urban lifestyle lol....man life been sucking lately.

grjr's Photo grjr 20 Jan 2006

I'm interested in this, when and where? I go to school at CSUN so it probably isn't that far.
Edited by grjr, 20 January 2006 - 09:36 PM.

rextec's Photo rextec 20 Jan 2006

im in! i will drive up to two hours for this. i live about 35 miles west of palm springs.

cbstdscott's Photo cbstdscott 21 Jan 2006

The first question is: When? 1st Gen Rex has to get out of the sandbox, get his life back in order, get his car in suitable shape and then we can plan a date.

The second question is: Where? I would love to nominate Aidan's shop, but we have not heard from him lately. He is probably too busy planing a wedding and stuffing V6's into 2nd Gens. I would offer my house in West Los Angeles, but I think everyone wants to meet somewhere in the San Gabriel Valley, which is cool with me.

I am just begining to plan my annual Cbstdscott's Weenie Roast and Car Meet that I throw at my house. I am thinking that this year I will shift the Weenie Roast to September to allow more time for cars to get into shape and to be a sort of warm up for the Japanese Classic Car Show in Ocotber at the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

I am also planning to be at the May Willowsprings event for some track time. Hopefully some other torsion bar Honda folks will be there this year.

Scott

1stGenRex's Photo 1stGenRex 21 Jan 2006

thank you for stating that scott...i didnt reply, because i have already said that.
i need to re-do my suspension..and install some EDM goodies (including a digi dash) so i will be busy...but i will let EVERYONE know when i have an exact date...
i hope to see lots of ppl there, and i might have to stop by the track if i get my cam in time...

IfTakumiDroveACRX's Photo IfTakumiDroveACRX 21 Jan 2006

I agree on waiting a bit further since people like me need time to get cars ready!!! Hahhaahahahahaa but let me know when you think it might be for sure and we'll coordinate everything. We can hold on to the standing offer! wink.gif