Early Headlights Or Late Headlights?

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do YOU prefer?

Which do YOU prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

19CRX85

• Financially challenged
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Red '85 CRX DX, Black '85 CRX Si, Races: '87 Accord
Okay, without starting an uprising or causing dissention in the ranks, I'd be interested in seeing the opinions of this question. Let the poll begin! unsure.gif

PLEASE NOTE: This is my first poll and after viewing some of the replies, I just realized something: I didn't leave a choice for "indifferent". Not thinking that some people like BOTH styles, I didn't mean to leave you out. sad.gif

Edited by 19CRX85, 23 January 2004 - 02:11 PM.

~ Racing for the Son ~

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
i'm indifferent. i cast a null vote
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
The '86-'87 Si has a weight penalty compared to the '85, but the smooth lights and the body molding make an aesthetic difference to me.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

sspcivic31

• Grog no like , Car no work! ARRGH!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
the reccessed lights(84-85) give the car more character. it's like it angry or something. biggrin.gif

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
My opinion...Pick up another task on your vehicle, like motor or suspension work. And when you're all done and have nothing else to work on, worry about the lights. Maybe they'll grow on you, maybe not.

I'm personally going for the clear cover look. Who has that pic with black CRX with blue accents (Mugen kit?) and the J's licence plate? I have it on my PC, but i wanted to show this guy how good the covers look.

CRXdan

I like the EDm ones the best.

Edited by CRXdan, 23 January 2004 - 03:37 PM.

90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

nivek2002

recessed - they make the car look lighter biggrin.gif

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (gtcali @ Jan 23 2004, 12:07 PM)
My opinion...Pick up another task on your vehicle, like motor or suspension work.  And when you're all done and have nothing else to work on, worry about the lights.  Maybe they'll grow on you, maybe not. 

I'm personally going for the clear cover look.  Who has that pic with black CRX with blue accents (Mugen kit?) and the J's licence plate?  I have it on my PC, but i wanted to show this guy how good the covers look.

This one?? I just love the way this looks with the recessed lights.. smile.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

19CRX85

• Financially challenged
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Red '85 CRX DX, Black '85 CRX Si, Races: '87 Accord
That looks seriously NICE! I remember [from high school] that you can heat lexan and form it. I like the clear covers, but I'd shape a bit of radius to it so it doesn't look so flat. Thank you for findiing and posting that picture, very nice ride.....
~ Racing for the Son ~

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
HollowMan, That's the one biggrin.gif Boner! Doooinnnnnnng

baxter

• Slowpoke with attitude
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 JDM CRX-Pro, '84 JDM CRX DOHC, & '84 JDM 1.5i
    • Image Gallery
Looks-wise, the recessed headlights give the car far more character, no arguement. The smooth ones look very bland beside them, IMO.

And BTW let's remember looks do serve a function when finding sponsors... smile.gif

However, as well as aerodynamic, there is a weight penalty with the JDM recessed ones as they are all of the pop-up type (electric motors, extra brackets, etc).

So eventually when I get a spare mo' I hope to swap my recessed and flush ones between my cars, so the track car has flush and the road car recessed pop-ups...

The best of both worlds!

Though the recessed ones with lexan covers look like a damn good option I might now do instead if I can find a spare non-pop-up header panel...

PS - the flush ones are very hard (and hence $$) to find in NZ (as are non-pop-up header panels, damn it); and perhaps more importantly I can't see that they are easy to adjust at all - any ideas?

balladeSports

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm as old school as they come. 84-85

ICON

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 84 carbed in dyer need of a restore
since we are voting AND stating opnion . i voted recessed and if we had another poll id say the recessed with the clear cover looks crappy to me. They only thing i dont like about recessed lights is the cheap black housing just under and before it. You can buy the nice looking euro look lights for it but i had bad experiences with those when i had them in my ranger turbo. the aftermarket bulbs get too hot for the housing and eventually melt the supporthole for it. lets face it. id buy the 86-87 euros in a heartbeat but dont want to drop$400 on a set of lights when the rest of the rex could something alot more viable to its appearance, like new window/windshield and door stripping. no sense puttin all that effort into our rexes with awesome engines , suspensions paint body kits and so on if we have the same faded cracked weather stripping and seals , looks like shit
I am a banned member.